Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 17: The Trial

Go down

Episode 17: The Trial  Empty Episode 17: The Trial

Post by Shiva_Lunaria Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:44 pm

Episode 17: The Trial  057

During a snowy day in Ishgard…it was time for Dorion to face trial for his father’s crimes and his involvement with the calamity. Dorion was nervous and hoped that the leaders of Hydaelyn would see him as a good man. The silence right now weighed heavy in his heart as he watched each family member and friend file into the room. Looming ahead of Dorion was Rhael, The Eorzean Alliance and a new female to the right of him. Dorion wondered who she was but for now kept focused on the stand ahead. It would be a matter of time before his trial began.

Episode 17: The Trial  184

Yukio came in quietly and slowly sat down into a chair near the door. She pulled a little at the sash around her throat, apparently called a 'tie.' It made her uncomfortable and restricted, but Kuro told her it was the proper thing to wear to such things as this. So, she settled down and looked about the room for a moment before her gaze fell into her own lap. She felt calm yet nervous too at the same  time. Not for herself, but for the people she would soon call her own family...beginning to lose herself in thought. Yue looked over to Yukio and placed a hand on her gently kneeling down near her.

"I hear Kuro instructing you on what to wear...it looks lovely on you," he said in a low tone for her to hear, "The rest of the family will be here soon."

Yukio was almost startled by Yue speaking to her, but a small smile made its way to her features.

"Thank you...I apologize for seeming out of it. For one so tall, I actually didn't see you,” she chuckled lightly, "I'm surprised you're as calm as you are right now.. but then again, it's expected of you, isn't it?"

Taking a seat next to Yukio, Yue looked at her with a smile as he ran his finger over a small carved ring on his index finger as he sat down next to her. He knew that he needed to calm her down before the trial began.

Episode 17: The Trial  255

"I have every reason to be now," he smirked, "After all I am not just protecting my clan anymore.”

As Yukio was calmed by Yue, Shiva found herself holding her wrist...controlling the primal within...she could feel the anger from Saint Shiva growing. Keeping her eyes closed and looking down to the ground she knew if she did that Saint would have a less likely chance of taking over and tearing Aymeric to shreds. She could see him making eye contact with her from across the room…a part of her wanting to speak to him kindly but, knowing what Saint wanted to do…she would be unable to do so.

K'enion also made her way into the room as she began to tug on the dress a bit feeling like it was a little too short. Looking around the room she waved to Yue and Yukio before turning back eyeing the foot wear she picked.

"Might not match," she mumbled to herself.

Following K’enion, Raven entered the room finding a seat next to the entrance. He wasn't making eye contact just in case he was noticed by someone. Raven definitely felt uneasy being in the presence of the Lord Commander as well. While Raven stayed hidden for a few moments Hades walked in placing his hand on Shiva’s arm guiding her to sit down with K’enion and him.

“Ladies, remember…I understand both of of you have issues with members of the Ishgardian part of this council but let’s remember to try to take it easy today,” Hades said calmly.

Shiva sighed as she signed to him, “I am doing my best to fight Saint but, she is so strong Hades…I don’t know how much I can control her.”

Episode 17: The Trial  353

As The Legacy began to take their seats the aura not too far from the Commanders began to focus on those before her. Samga watched as the group make their way into the room. She noted every movement and every scent. So, these are the ones that led Zinny to her death, she thought, Pathetic. Still, she does recognize each and every one from the reports she was given to read. Even the Midlander male who only recently joined the group. The more members came in the more focused she became.

"Quickly, take your seats, people,” Samga demanded.

Smirking at Samga’s words Rhael decided to speak.

"Good afternoon everyone," Rhael smiles evilly, “Please take a seat as the trial for Dorion Castellano will now begin. Before we start are there any questions?"

The room was quiet meaning that not a single member of The Legacy had a question. Fixing his monocle Rhael chuckled slightly as he began to open his notebook. His finger moved along the edge of the notebook as he began to look into certain sections for information he needed.

"Let me introduce our leaders here to you all....to my left...representative Chief Admiral Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn of Limsa Lominsa...representative Lord Commander Aymeric De Borrel of Ishgard, and to my far right, Flame Commander Raubahn Aldynn of Ul'Dah. Each member of the council will listen to your testimony to see what the fate of Dorion Castellano will be…in addition I would also like to give the floor to Lady Orl a moment please...my lady please introduce yourself to The Legacy."

Episode 17: The Trial  455

Samga quickly shot a glare at the Raen male. Still, she doesn't want to keep this going any longer than it needed to and responded promptly.

"Flame Captain Samga of the Orl. Formerly First Flame Lieutenant prior to the death of Flame Marshal Zinny Bloodblossom. And her former student."

Staring ahead at the newcomer to the council…Hades felt a certain air about the woman…trying to keep his composure he whispered to Shiva and K’enion.

"Let's keep an eye on her," Hades whispered.

“I'm not the one on trial. Keep that in mind and keep your lips shut,” Samga shot back to Hades.

The room went quiet…she was a tough one for sure. Now focused on the trial ahead, Rhael made his focus on the group as he turned to another section in his notebook. Near his stand he took a sip of water from a cup on his table before looking at The Legacy once again.

“One by one...I will call you to the stand to ask you a series of questions...it is up to you to save Lord Castellano. Let’s start with the new blood....Sir Raven Dusk...may you please come to the stand."

Instantly Dorion began to grow concerned with Rhael…why would he call Raven first. Raven was new to the group in just a few nights of being with The Legacy. He wondered why Rhael ordered the young man to come here in the first place. Although Raven had been working with some of the others this was truly their first meeting. Dorion shut his eyes in frustration his one hand gripping onto his chair…leaving Leric to notice that his strength was beginning to crack the wooden chair.

“Dorion please,” Leric whispered, "Calm down mo ghrá (my love in gaelic)."

“It just seems wrong, he is truly trying to see me killed,” Dorion whispered back.

As Raven took to the stand Rhael smoothly walked along the stone floor his shoes making a small stomp with each movement. His eyes now locked with Raven as Raven approached the stand.

"Good afternoon Sir Dusk...tell me how did you come across The Legacy,” Rhael asked.

Raven thought a for a moment and then spoke, "I first came across them battling a horrific beast in tailfeather the villages where in a dangerous situation without there help they surly would have perished."

Rhael went into his notebook pulling out a report for each member of the Eorzean Alliance. Each leader looked to the paper and saw that The Legacy had a select set of members go to the Tailfeather area to retrieve a weapon. Upon their arrival they had found casualties…the leaders looked at the report and then focused to Rhael to hear what the next question would be from him.

"I see…so the people were in jeopardy due to Dorion's Clan and their normal recklessness...tell me did you come across casualties along the way Sir Dusk,” Rhael asked.

Episode 17: The Trial  552

"Do not twist my words in such a manor to fit your narrative good ser. Without their help I would have died and more citizen's would have fallen. I would add the local Knights of Ishgard were certainly spared death but to answer your question I did not come across casualties until we came to the village…the villagers told us that the Elezen woman hurt them."

Listening carefully to the conversation Lord Aymeric rose from his chair willing to question the man before him.

Gently smiling to Raven Aymeric asked, "I now see the report from one of my officers. It reads as follows: "The Legacy was there with a woman...The woman left the location with the murder weapon...upon further investigation we learned that the woman is A'mara Lunette Morningstar…Sir Dusk...Have you kept up with news overtime I must ask...For the past 5 years her face has been on wanted posters alongside Dorion Castellano...tell me what can you tell me about the two of them?"

"I'll be perfectly honest with you Lord Commander. My time with the Legacy has been too short-term to give you a proper answer. I can't tell you without giving a false narrative my Lord,” Raven answered honestly.

Aymeric nods and is pleased with Raven's answer, "Honesty...that is what you have shared with us...thank you...you may be seated."

The room was silent now as Rhael began to look over his notes. Although the room was silent small tears began to fall from Zena’s eyes as she leaned against Delgado. Delgado held onto his sister’s hands nervously looking down at her as his other hand remained in the hand of his boyfriend. Jai sat with his boyfriend and his sister as his eyes were a bright shade of green. He was upset that Rhael and Aymeric brought up A’mara as she was too. How would they ever be able to get past this when all these leaders do would bring up the past.

“Stop,” Zena whispered to the two of them, “Don’t give into what Rhael wants.”

Episode 17: The Trial  653

A’mara did not break her contact for now but, her emotions were visible on her face. Samga could feel something inside of her call her attention and stared directly at A'mara. But instead of speaking, she simply raises her hand to her mouth and shushed the Viera. A’mara closed her eyes…the gods of this world were truly testing her. For now she kept silent but, if she was alone with that woman…it would not end well. Amused that he stirred the pot Rhael walked up to the podium once more.

“Lady Winter...may you please come to the stand,” Rhael instructed Yukio.

As Yukio rose from her seat Yue took her hand as he kissed it, “I believe in you…be strong.”

Yukio’s ears twitched with her name being called, her stomach feeling like it's in knots now. Yet as Yue gripped her hand, she exhaled slowly to calm down. Giving him a small smile, she squeezed back lightly before standing and stepping up to the podium, looking as strong as she could for not only them, but herself too; she could not waver.

"Lady Yukio Winter...or shall we call you soon to be Lady Akane,” Rhael chuckled, “Remember, we have been watching you all...tell me Lady Winter...where did you meet The Legacy?"

Yukio was a little surprised that he knew of Yue's proposal to her, yet at the same time, she figured it was to be expected. Perhaps they should have been a little more careful about that, but it was too late now. After taking a deep breath, she looked at Rhael.

"I met them back in Ishgard roughly 7 months ago, Sir,” she explained.

“I see so here in our country...that puts it around the time we celebrated the death of Lady Death or so we thought...tell me Lady Winter...why did you join their cause...was it to do right or did the man you are engaged to groom you to your position you are now,” Rhael asked smoothly.

Groomed her…the aura in the room almost went dark. As Rhael uttered such dark words a deep growl could be heard from Yue. He hated that word…sure…there relationship was fairly new and they were moving a bit fast for some but what Rhael didn’t know was that Yue was a firm believer in his teachings from his world and “unmei”…something he still needed to explain more to Yukio. For now Dorion and Yue locked eyes and began to speak to each other quietly.

"彼女は運命の人です(kanojo wa unmei no hitodesu: she is my fate),” Yue mumbled to Dorion.

“I know…trust me…we all see it,” Dorion sighed.

Yukio took another deep breath, trying not to let the man anger her with his words. She knew what he was trying to do, and she would not become puppet to his strings.

"Not at all, Sir. Master Akane and I did not have any relations so soon back then. While at first I may not have joined them by choice, I no longer wished to be in the dark about the world. The Legacy has taught me many things about...well, everything. I am still learning even now. Over time I grew to love who they were as individuals, and I knew I wanted to help them. Not only because it felt like the right thing to do, but because they helped me find myself again," she concluded.

Rhael stroked his chin as he continued his questioning, "Tell me Lady Winter...what value does this clan and Dorion have for this world?"

"Like both you and I, each person is unique. One could be a precious stone, even priceless, but people will place "value" on you depending on their financial status, their level of information, their belief in you, their motive behind entertaining you, their ambition, and their risk taking ability. They are valuable to me because they helped me find myself again. Yet they may not be to you because you do not know them. They haven't done anything for you personally. I know they could be a valuable ally...they are strong, and wise. I know I wouldn't be the only one to put my life willingly in their hands, just as they are doing with us today. The value they bring to the world…I cannot speak for the world. Only myself,” Yukio honestly spoke.

Episode 17: The Trial  751

Raubahn looked over the notes and then remembered a bit about Yukio from the time he and Zinny met The Legacy on the island of Rakuen. He explained to the other Eorzean leader that he and Zinny recalled them working together well and how Zinny and the others were there to save the people of Mor Dhona before her untimely death. Both Aymeric and Merlwyb listened carefully to his words but also pulled from an earlier report that The Legacy failed to save were the people of Isari. Raubahn nodded and decided to question Yukio about that moment.

“Lady Winter you were on that mission yes? Tell me what went wrong there,” Raubahn asked.

"There were casualties.. if that is what you are referring to, yes. Truth be told I was not completely used to working with a team of people just yet. But despite following instruction and direction that was indeed sound, not all factors can be foreseen. People did die... but it was not the fault of us or the Castellano Clan. When we tried to save them... we could not foresee the explosions that would soon happen,” Yukio explained.

Raubahn nods. "Thank you Lady Winter you may be seated."

As Yukio made her way out of the stand Yue took her hand in his, "I know that was hard, but you did the best you could."

"I just hope I was able to do enough...I know how angry he must have made you from speaking to me such…thank you for believing in me." She smiled softly.

As Yukio settled down into her chair both Rhael and Yue locked eyes with eachother. Rhael knew what he did to upset the eldest clan member and he was happy he was able to do it. Reminding Rhael of his place…Yue gently brought Yukio into his lap and wrapped his arms around her as he kissed her forehead. Disgusted by Yue’s effection for Yukio, Rhael turned away and looked into his notebook once more. He knew that if he was going to win this case he needed to call upon some of the more controversial members of The Legacy.

"Lady Sekhan...please stand,” Rhael smirked.

Before K’enion could stand tall at the stand Rhael began to speak quickly.

“Lady Sekhan...you are the one they call Keni...formally the girlfriend of Jai Winters...Guardian to Lord Castellano...K'enion what can you tell me about the Castellano's involvement with The Legacy,” Rhael questioned.

"I would say, they are the leaders,” K’enion replied.

“…Tell me...Did they promise you any power or gifts...I know from research you are searching for your father...a member of Nidhogg's Brood...Surely Lord Commander would love to hear about that,” Rhael said as he looked to Lord Commander.

Episode 17: The Trial  848

"They did not, only a family to aid others in need without the need of being alone…I would be surprised if my lord did not already know that information,” K’enion shot back.

Trying to difuse Rhael and K’enion…Aymeric raised his hand once more, “I hear in recent time you have seen Hraesvalgr...since the calamity is he well?"

"He is my lord, I would like to speak as his voice and say he wishes you well,” K’enion smiled.

Aymeric smiled before asking K’enion another question, "I would like to ask you one more thing...With all that you have seen...do you think Dorion is a good leader?"

"My Lord, I hope you trust my judgment in this. I do think he is a good leader. I truly do think so my lord,” K’enion spoke clearly.

"Thank you. That is all,” Aymeric smiled, “I look forward to more conversations with you and your uncle in the future.”

Rhael was bothered by K’enion’s friendly behavior with the Lord Commander…he needed to do something fast.

“Himura…please come to the stand,” Rhael demanded.

"Good day sir, good to see you well. Tell me have you kept up with how little Eloise is doing with her aunt,” Trunks asked politely.

“Elloise was a young Elezen Sir Himura and team saved in Dragonhead...she is well thank you…Himura...you have been with The Legacy for almost two years now yes? Tell me...what is your group’s weakness under Dorion's lead,” Rhael doubted.

"Ah weaknesses...so easy to talk about our strengths, but weaknesses are things all of us wish to hide. In terms of weaknesses sir I think it would be important to list all that I can think of. For starters we have a high number of new members among us. Therefore we aren't always in sync or in more specifics we don't always act on the same page. Everyone learns differently and therefore how one would react to any given situation alters on a great level in comparison to the others. Our original crew when we were dealing with the crisis of Lady Death was sgnificantly simpler. Why? Because we were together for a year, we learned one anothers mannerisms. Our thought processes, our habits if you will. When we strategized at the very least from an outside view one could say that we knew how one of us would act and be able to prevent any unfortunate mishaps for the most part…On another point our weakness if lack of numbers. The Eorzean Alliance has plenty to spare and can easily spread out to gather intel quickly where as we are a small knit group where when we send some of us out to gather intel we are spread relatively thin." Trunks finishes that and takes another sip of tea. On a personal level my own weakness is my inescapeable weaknesses. Pride, and the stubburn mind whence I have to try and save everyone come hell or high water. The family's common weakness, you hurt or kidnap one of them, and not even Halone will save you from their wrath, which can alter a plan if left unchecked. So far keeping them in check has worked out for us. Here's hoping I can continue to aid in that endeavor. I can't speak for our new recruits easily sir. Apologize.” Trunks explained.

Episode 17: The Trial  954

The Eorzean Alliance took notes as Merlwyb raises her arms.

"Himura. I ask you to keep your answer somewhat descriptive but brief...Please explain to me how The Legacy failed to save young Yasuke of Kugane...the young man was possessed by Lust yet you were able to save... Akito from Greed...tell me what went wrong there,” she asked.

"Admiral, if I might be as blunt with you as possible it is unfair to judge us based on our first encounter with a sin. This was in fact our first true encounter. Therefore, we weren't even certain what we were dealing with. Can on taken over by the sin be saved? Is it possible to exorcise the devil from that man? There was so little intel and too many variables that it was a nightmare to even decide right from wrong. In this situation Admiral we were faced with what is the equivalent of what you and the rest of the alliance did with those who were tempered by primals. You put them down for a mercy right? In other words our weakness took its toll. Lack of information...lack of intel."

"Thank you Himura. You are dismissed,” she nodded.

Rhael began to flip more of his pages…The Legacy was winning…easier than he expected…after all of his research how could they be this good? He quickly tried to come up with another argument. He knew that if Shiva were to rise to the stand, she would have to use sign and he could misread what she said on purpose…he decided now would be the time to act.

“Lady Lunaria...please come to the table,” he smirked, “Also I can translate for the leaders your sign language…if need be.”

Saint Shiva knew what he was up to and knew that her vessel would be vunerable to this lawyer. For a moment Shiva held her chest as she tried to keep Saint back. Aymeric and the others leaders watched for a moment as they too felt the presence of the primal…it didn’t take too long for Shiva to lose control as the air in the room chilled and Saint Shiva began to host the body. Using her magick she knew that if she was going to help Shiva…she needed to use her voice aetherically.

“Well look who joined the party,” Rhael chucked darkly, "Oh Saint Shiva…what do you think of the Eorzean Alliances feelings towards Lord Castellano. Do you think we are fair to judge?"

Episode 17: The Trial  1051

"Unlike my human half...I am fully aware of what Lord Castellano has done. The number of lives lost trying to save the world YOU neglected to save. Over 180 Moons ago, Selene came to you begging for help knowing that the Red Veil was to summon a demon...what do you say to her..."It was only a rumor...that you did not want to cross my lands....You thought I could be the one to stop them. I and Fenrir alone...I could not take them all on...you were caught up in a fantasy world...portrayed by my former lover Hraesvalgr...GREED and SELFISHNESS was done by YOU! You killed her...her blood and former life are on your hands Lord Commander! Not mine,” Saint said angrily.

Both Aymeric and Saint Shiva eyed each other heavily leaving Rhael to smirk and continue his questioning.

"Saint I will ask for you to bring Shiva back." Saint turns to Rhael.

"I will do no such thing...Lord Castellano has done so much for you while you sit here on your thrones. Hiding underground...what happened to the former leaders of this world...we the Primals and gods look down at you. You've become weak. pathetic and unworthy,” Saint Shiva proclaimed.

Aymeric slammed his hand down on the table leaving Shiva to push herself up forward to eye the man from over the table that separated them. There was something between them that The Legacy probably did not understand but, for the moment, feared the worst. Both Raubahn and Merlwyb watched on unsure as Aymeric gained his composure back. He took a sip of wine from his goblet before looking back up at the woman.

Episode 17: The Trial  1147

"We have heard enough be seated,” he said waving his hand in front of the primal.

Saint Shiva squinted back at him muttering some things under her breath, "I will do so for HER as I am using so much of her magick to speak to YOU however...I think you should speak to The Legacy's True Leader before making a choice."

As Saint Shiva sat back down her and Aymeric stared at eachother some more before turning away. Rhael needed to focus on that and he needed to explore that at a later time for now…he decided to get some advice from the woman who vouched for the Eorzean Alliance.

"Lady Orl...your thoughts…” Rhael smiled, "Do you feel that anything stands out against Lord Castellano it is my duty to see that JUSTICE is served to him, I take PRIDE in this.”

"Councilor, I would prefer you not seek opinions and feelings on the matter. What I have in my hands are cold hard facts…I wish to not comment at this time,” Samga stated simply.

The Eorzean council began to speak among each other deciding some of their thoughts on the matters presented before them. Everyone in the group had valid points but one thing that was for certain they had heard from many members of The Legacy but, noticed that Rhael did not speak to the Warrior of Light. They knew that she had just given birth to twins but was up and moving…he could have at least tried to get a statement with her signature.

“My Lords, I do apologize for now speaking to the Warrior of Light,” Rhael apologized, “But from what I have been told she is extremely unwell…she cares for her babies during feeding time but for the most part has been so bed bound…she rests…”

As Rhael spoke a loud sound of heals clamoring down the hall were present. For some members of The Legacy they began to question the sound while as for the Castellano Clan they knew what that was and braced for what was to come.

"How dare you have a trial and not call upon the ONE PERSON WHO HAS DIED for all of you not once BUT TWICE,” Jayne shouted as she slammed the door open, “I am also well to stand trial…thank for asking Sir Kaen.”

Episode 17: The Trial  12164

Yukio could suddenly see that Yue was on edge staring ahead. His hand on the chair ready to grab Jayne if needed. Yukio was a bit taken aback by the tension rising in the room, yet decided to stay quiet until she felt Yue move.

Looking over to him, she whispered, "What's wrong?"

Yue whispered into Yukio's ear, "In order to keep Jayne alive...well...present...we had to turn her...she is a newborn up there...her attitude...is well...strong."

"You...turned her…,” Yukio whispered, "Should she even be here? Are newborn vampires that dangerous?"

“Not always but, her aether is so unique as she is the first Eorzean to turn…I still need to study her,” he whispered again, "I...I sealed the room...I know I did. She was resting with the children... and I remember talking to A'mara and then…”

Yue looked across the room to see the Viera woman twirling a curl of her hair in her fingers. Her smile said everything; he knew she undid his spell and let Jayne out. He knew that the trial would be too much stimulation for Jayne and her new powers but, he knew A’mara’s passion for letting someone speak their mind. He knew that Jayne wanted to speak on behalf of her husband but was weak prior to this…she was fed A’mara’s blood to wake her out of bed and get her going…it was A’mara taking care of her now.

“Damnit Mara,” Yue muttered under his breath.

"We apologize...with you just giving birth we thought it would be best to-,” Rhael began.

"TO what?! Not stand before you?! I've seen women go to war on the fields hours after! Don't test me,” Jayne said upset.

The Legacy could see a shimmery red flicker in her eyes...was this the Jayne they knew. Off to the side A'mara smiled greatly.

"Lady Luminara, please try to keep yourself calm. I understand more than anyone the anger you are feeling right now, but I must insist that you speak calmly,” Samga advised.

The Eorzean council began to speak to each other once more to decide what to do now that Jayne was here.

"We have decided to open the floor to you all once more...we have some final questions...for all of you...You may answer this one at a time.... In order for us to believe that Dorion is possible of doing good. What will you ensure to see that he never lets something evil in again,” Aymeric asked.

"My lord, as I said before I hope you trust in my judgement in ensuring Dorion stays the course, I know he will I believe in him. So believe me when I say it will not happen,” K’enion smiled.

Saint Shiva eyed Aymeric and the others once more, "Like I said...HER BLOOD YOUR HANDS, Dorion was never the issue."

Aymeric looked away for now and spoke to Merlwyb once more. As the three spoke Rhael paced the floor waiting for their verdict. He hoped that they would sentence Dorion to his death.

"We have decided,” Raubahn said raising his hand.

"Dorion Castellano for the time being has been seen as NOT GUILTY...in regards to his status within our World. It is up to you, The Legacy and members of The Castellano Clan to fix this...should things go south...The Castellano Clan will face execution...every.single.member. That is our ruling. DISMISSED,” Aymeric said slamming down his hammer.

For a moment Rhael was speechless angered by the council’s decision. As Aymeric and the other leaders left the room with Samga Rhael followed complaining the whole way out.

"I...I have NEVER LOST...I will see to it…that you are watched! GOOD DAY,” he shouted.

Dorion watched as Rhael stormed out…finally being able to take a breath of relief.

"Thank you. I don't know how I could have done this without all of you,” Dorion smiled.

“Don’t worry love,” Jayne smiled, “We will always stick together.”

Episode 17: The Trial  Shiva_14

Episode 17: The Trial  Faceb104
Shiva_Lunaria
Shiva_Lunaria
Admin

https://lunarislegacyxivrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down