Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 44: Aftermath [THE FINAL EPISODE OF WHISPERING WASTELANDS]

Go down

Episode 44: Aftermath [THE FINAL EPISODE OF WHISPERING WASTELANDS] Empty Episode 44: Aftermath [THE FINAL EPISODE OF WHISPERING WASTELANDS]

Post by Shiva_Lunaria Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:36 pm

Episode 44: Aftermath [THE FINAL EPISODE OF WHISPERING WASTELANDS] 0011

The halls of Fairytail were normally filled with the members of The Legacy but on this day the hall lights were dimmed, and most people were retired in their chambers. Since the loss of Anthi, Zakuro, and Tuya the air was heavy. Anthi was such a bright soul to The Legacy and to lose her it broke a lot of them. The halls once filled with her explicit words and booms from her experiments were now silent. As for Zakuro and Tuya, although they ended down a different path many of the members of The Legacy loved them all the same and never wanted it to come to this.

Episode 44: Aftermath [THE FINAL EPISODE OF WHISPERING WASTELANDS] 025

One member in particular was Shiva; Shiva was very close to Tuya and often spent days listening to her or traveling along side her. With the memories of her past life and the events leading up to the battle, Shiva had been experiencing night terrors. In the past few nights, Shiva was found awakening from her sleep screaming and crying calling for her friend. Yue or one of the other members from the Castellano family would stay with her until they could get her back to sleep which often resulted in her fighting and swinging at them. The girl was broken beyond belief, and they weren’t sure what to do. Her fiancé was nowhere in sight as he was onto military like thoughts once more on restoring the government of Hydaelyn.

Jayne was also like Trunks already on the move to look for members of the government and begin the process to restore Eorzea. She had set up her old networks to get in touch with anyone who was still out there, and it would seem that fellow Eorzeans heard the call that Lady Death was gone. The world was at the beginning of recovering; but there were still some things The Legacy needed to settle before moving on; they wanted to have a ceremony to celebrate the friends they lost.

Episode 44: Aftermath [THE FINAL EPISODE OF WHISPERING WASTELANDS] 156

On this night, The Legacy joined together in the living quarters once more to discuss the future and the memorial for their fallen friends. It was a dark time for everyone but, they knew that some people would either stay or go on to whatever their future held for them. For now...they were together in this moment. Rufus stands next to Zena, his arm draped onto her shoulders as he strokes her hair with his fingers. He then looks over to Akane briefly.

"Any luck finding families? We know Anthi had one. She talked about her mother a lot," Rufus asked.

"I know of her last name and tried to use the linkpearl to get in contact with the captain. There was silence," Yue sighs, "However...I have prepared her body for a final rest."

Trunks tried to come up with a logical sense of what should be done.

"Well in a sense I almost feel that we should send it to a vote...Zaku and Tuya were both from the Azim Steppe area yeah...I think so anyway could be wrong. Should we send them home and have the memorial there...or here?"

"A best-guess would be they live amongst the 'Dregs'," Ljrn says.  Despite missing a leg, one wouldn't be able to tell.  She's concealed her injury well, "I did my part by ensuring she was... in one piece.  Perhaps some of my finest stitch work, morbid as it is, but leaving the head separated seemed... irreverent.  Even for me."

K'enion stood there, her tail flicking around slowly behind her as she looked at the floor, ears flat to her head. She opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out, slowly she shifted around in her spot, flinching a little as her eyes started to water. Jai looked at her knowing she was suffering, and he did his best to comfort her. He knew just a night before the two of them shared tales of their past but even in this moment his soothing stories could not heal her heart right now.

"I know things have been hard Doctor....I am glad to see you are okay...I know none of this has been easy for any of us," Jai smiled, “We have all overcome so much in these dark days.”

"Lady Death. Will be handled by us in our own traditions later on but, right now we will honor our fallen friends," Leric sighed grimly.

Leric struggled with the thought of burying Lady Death or Amara as he knew her. She was a lover and a friend of many years and knowing her body laid in the other room right now was hard. Jayne looked to both of her husbands in sadness. She knew that this war had done a number of things to them but, finally they would get a moment to rest or so they hoped. Dorion looked at the young blue haired woman sitting by the fire; he knew Shiva was in there but not ready to face the world right now.  The skin under Shiva’s eyes were greyed...the woman had been suffering. For two days now she hadn’t said much and when she did her voice was broken.

Episode 44: Aftermath [THE FINAL EPISODE OF WHISPERING WASTELANDS] 229

"Sis..ter...," she mumbled quietly to herself.

The group sat in silence for a few moments as Shiva spoke briefly as they all looked at each other with sadness. They knew they had to finish their discussions on the burials.

“All things considered, I'm rather hale and whole by comparison."  Ljrn replied as she cleared her throat,  "I would suggest we send Anthi's remains to the Dregs.  At the very least, Captain Khamazom will know better how to contact her next of kin than any of us."

"I agree...taking her body there will be the best option," Yue agreed.  

Zena paced the room as everyone spoke; even though it had been a short period of time since she had learned she was pregnant she could sense her body changing. Her powers also gave her a sense of energy and understanding of magick but, all of it seemed so much more enhanced. Was it her body’s way of telling her protect her child? As everyone talked of the burials she leaned into the arms of her fiancé for comfort. K'enion looked at Zena before stairing at the floor, clenching her fists as tears started to fall down her cheeks. the air around her seemed to get rather heavy as she cried, a small puddle started to form at her feet. Noticing her emotions Jai quickly pulled K'enion into an embrace wrapping his arms around her.

"I'm here," Jai said trying to reassure her, "We are going to overcome this hurt."

Episode 44: Aftermath [THE FINAL EPISODE OF WHISPERING WASTELANDS] 329

The room was quiet again as Ljrn decided to finally speak about something that was on her mind.

"With my final duty thus discharged. . . I have an announcement.  As it was never my intention to permanently remain here, and with your foe laid low and victory claimed—however hollow—it would seem the time has come for me to resume my former occupation; as a /traveling/ physician," Ljrn explained.

The room was silent for a moment shocked by the announcement that Ljrn wanted to leave. A small cry could be heard from Shiva but, she knew that there wasn't much to say. Shiva always admired Ljrn’s attention to detail and was thankful for the healing Ljrn had offered her time and time again. She knew her words wouldn’t convince Ljrn to stay so she sunk deeper into a ball. Yue looked at Shiva sadly for a moment before walking over to Doctor Arda.

"Doctor Arda, I respect your choice to go. I will say you have proven time and time again that you are a powerful woman. I do hate to see you leave us but, I do wish that should your journey come and cross ours again that you are welcomed to come back at any time," Yue explains.

Episode 44: Aftermath [THE FINAL EPISODE OF WHISPERING WASTELANDS] 429

"For better or worse, there is little more I can do here.  Your resident doctor is certainly more than qualified, and... I was never trained nor am I of the right disposition to deal with... emotional harm.  If anything, my demeanor would only rub salt in such wounds.  My talents are better spent sewing up flesh and mixing medicine for those physically affected by the calamity now that its source is dealt with.  Perhaps our paths will cross; perhaps not.  That... is out of both our control,” Ljrn smiled.

For a moment Shiva turned around to make eye contact with Ljrn. Although her voice was cracked Shiva wanted to talk to Ljrn for one final time.

"Thank you," Shiva managed to say.

"Just... for the sake of my own sanity... I don't want to see any of you bleeding out in one of my clinics."  There's a wry smile.  "Especially not you, Mister Trunks, but I won't be surprised if /you/ turn up with half your blood volume missing already," Ljrn teased.

For a moment the group laughed and cherished their time with Ljrn. She had met them in the shrouds and stuck through with them during the hardest battles they had ever experienced. From her brilliance and knowledge of the medical field the group learned a lot from her.

"I'd best make my departure.  I wish you the best, Legacy.  Though, with the Warrior of Light now part of your number, you are hardly her 'legacy' anymore.  But may you find success in rebuilding this world."

The group watched as Ljrn grabbed her bag and departed; it was truly sad to see her go but, The Legacy knew that the world needed more doctors like her out there. As Ljrn spoke her truth, Trunks decided to speak about something that was on his mind.

“After the night we killed my father...or as Rufus will well remember, the demon in the dark woodland swamps of Gyr Abania, I called in a favor from an old comrade of my dad's to start production on an airship and pulling together what craftsman she could scrounge together.  It’s my duty to take control of that ship and train as many craftsmen into master craftsmen of their trade...and then I will do my best to form a military liken in strength of the alliance once known in Eorzea," Trunks explains

"So you plan on meeting up with our remaining forces," Jayne smiles a bit, "I know a few officers...we have already been in contact. We’ll talk about this at a later time."

Episode 44: Aftermath [THE FINAL EPISODE OF WHISPERING WASTELANDS] 530

For now, the two seemed to agree on something and Jayne was all for the military returning to them more. As they discussed the military and some of the other thoughts that the group had on their mind, Zena began to pace the room again this time looking more frantic. Zena grabs onto Rufus' hand and looks at him carefully

“The feeling in this house is getting stronger. I almost feel like something is at bay. Not evil...but as if something is on the way," Zena whispers to Rufus.

"Something? You make it sound like it's another massive powerhouse like Death or someone like Yue."

Yue looks to Zena, "Are you sure it’s not your magick getting used to being with child."
Zena shakes her head no and sighs, "I don't know...if anything my sense for aether has gotten stronger."

Despite the sullen mood of the entire area, that feeling that Zena was experiencing suddenly made itself apparent. Those that could sense aether could tell that the source was beyond powerful. Possibly even more powerful than an army of Amara. Still, upon the sounds of someone clearing her throat, the woman steps forward and looks around.

"So... You are the ones she has spent her time with?"

Episode 44: Aftermath [THE FINAL EPISODE OF WHISPERING WASTELANDS] 629

K'enion looked over at the voice, her tail flicked rapidly around as she growled towards her, eyes flaring red as she reached out suddenly her lance appeared in her hand as she pointed it at the woman. The Legacy turned to see a guest...a woman looking like someone they all knew. Yue looked at the woman stunned, and Zena walked in front of everyone and bowed. Yue looked down at the woman who stood next to the staircase next to him; her aether was strong and he kept his defense high for the moment.

"<Who are you!>" K’enion growled towards her, tears still running down her head as it was clear she was being a little overreactive.

The woman smiles as she looks at the group assembled before reaching up and patting Yue on the head.
"Stand down, kid. I'm not here for violence,” she smiled slyly.

"<Speak your name!>" K’enion said growling in her dragon's voice.  

The woman looks directly at K'enion and snaps her fingers. Instantly the spear was gone.

"My name is of no importance. Though if you must know... It's Khani Molkoh," she explained.

The room was silent for a moment; with the last name Molkoh…she had to be related to Anthi. For a moment Khani could see how the announcement of her surname came as a shock and a hurt to those who stood in the room with her.

“You are related to the youngest...Anthi,” Yue asked.

As Yue said the name another soft cry could be heard from Shiva. Still bound to the floor by the fire. Khani looked at the woman for just a moment before turning her attention back to Yue.

Dorion rose from his chair for a moment before looking to Khani, "I know this might not say much right now...but your daughter...she meant a lot to us. We did all we could to protect her."

"Oh, I'm well aware of what happened to her. Nothing goes on without my knowing it. I did try to warn her that it was a possibility if she chose to stay with you all, but... Kids will be kids. I swear though... That girl is as hardheaded as her father,” Khani sighed.

"She had a spirit like I had never seen before," Yue explained, "From the moment her and the Captain stepped foot in this area. I saw such potential in her."

Episode 44: Aftermath [THE FINAL EPISODE OF WHISPERING WASTELANDS] 729

K'enion sighed shaking her head a little. "<I take it you too the form to not frighten us?>"

"You call it spirit; I call it being a constant thorn in my side... That girl would always find a way to get away from me. Honestly, I'm surprised she didn't end up like this sooner. Joining the military and all... I can only fathom what that girl was thinking!" Khani says and then looks over to K'enion. "No. What you see is my form. I don't waste my time with transformations or anything of the like."

Trunks tried to separate his thoughts from the guest a moment to take a look at Shiva. As he turns his gaze upon Shiva making his way to Shiva and wrapping his arms around her. As Trunks wrapped his arms around Shiva, the skin around him grew extremely cold...making it hard for him to touch her. She shook her head no and stared straight into the fire. Trunks sighed heavily convinced whatever was happening he was no longer the one she sought comfort for her in the moment. Feeling disheartened as well as worthless he decided to step out of the room for a few moments.

Yue turns to Khani and speaks, "I know this might not bring any help to you right now but, I did prepare her the best that I could. She is intact and dressed in the blue color she always wore…It is as if she is resting."

K'enion listened to Yue and sighed before turning her head towards shiva for a moment, her ears lowering flat again, as she tried to push away from Jai in an attempt to go over to Shiva, though for a moment she stopped herself letting out a loud sigh as she leaned on him a bit more.

"I miss her as much as Shiva does..."

Jai whispers close in K’enion’s ear, "I have a feeling...the Shiva we knew is dead."

Reading the room Khani looks to Yue again to listen to what he said and sighs, "Honestly, you shouldn't have. And I don't mean that in a grateful manner. I literally mean that you shouldn't have. You wasted your resources on a corpse."

Zena nods her head respectfully and muttered, "She was like family to many of us...wasted resources or not...we could not leave her that way."

Khani sighs as she snaps her fingers. Somewhere there's a bright blue blaze, instantly destroying Anthi's body in the other room, "Well... Wasted resources or not, there is no longer a corpse."

Zena held her stomach for a moment and look in surprise as she leaned on Rufus. Yue for a moment remains silent and watches on.

"Well, I can at least say we returned her body to the person she was meant to go back to. I refused to leave her in that dead world," Yue said trying to remain calm.

Both Dorion and Leric made eye contact with each other knowing that it was taking every fiber of Yue to hold back and not gut the woman alive. In the past few weeks, they noticed how Yue was looking out for Anthi as they were often seen inside of the crafting room or within a distance of each other. He was also very protective of her once he learned her age which is why her death was hitting him hard. As the woman spoke so coldly K’enion’s heart grew heavier as she cried in the arms of her boyfriend. Jai held her close looking on. The woman sighed again and turned her attention to everyone in the room. Yue continued to lean against the pillar he stood near with fury in his blood. For the moment he stayed silent.

Episode 44: Aftermath [THE FINAL EPISODE OF WHISPERING WASTELANDS] 829

"Honestly, you should have. It would've saved me a trip here..." she explained.

"We apologize for having you come this way. There was no intention to disrupt whatever it was that you were doing. Just common amongst what we do for those who have fallen," Leric tried to explain.

Trunks descends the stairs and complains, "Would be a shame if her comrades specifically her Captain would have wanted to hold a soldiers funeral for her before you did that but fuck the feelings and customs of everyone else, but never mind me and my cultured people since an unfeeling corpse-like yourself seems to know all." Trunks irritably responds as he takes a seat on the couch.

"Now now. Children shouldn't question their elders. The fact of the matter is that her body held secret magic that I couldn't afford to let get out. It's why I was so against her leaving home to begin with. Honestly, I'm not sure why she cared so much for this world,” Khani mocked as she used her magick to mess with Trunks.

Yue grew angry with the woman.

"Enough with your magick!”, Yue yelled in his booming voice, causing everyone in the room to jump for a moment, "You collected what you came here for...we are all hurting here...this extra taunt is unneeded..."

Episode 44: Aftermath [THE FINAL EPISODE OF WHISPERING WASTELANDS] 930

Zena rushes over to help Trunks; she knows she was putting her and her unborn child at risk but she couldn't allow any more death.

"Please enough is enough," Zena pleaded to Khani.

Khani smiles as she reaches over and pushes Trunks onto his rear.

"Finally, someone brings up the real issue... You're right. Had I thought to, I could have easily destroyed the woman from that other world. But here's the thing, child. My people are observers. Nothing more. Nothing less. We don't go out and fight. We simply watch from the sidelines. And when one timeline ends, we simply move onto the next. You honestly wouldn't believe how many times this world has been destroyed."
"Anthi…was the only one among you what had the courage to take a stand and put it all on the line for the good o everyone,” Trunks said weakened by Khani’s actions

"Don't worry. She’ll be back. I put a time limit on the spell. Anyways, I did come here for something other than to dispose of Anthi's corpse. I wanted to thank you for showing my daughter a fun time. I'll be sure to tell her of it when next she appears," Khani explained, “Anyhow…take care out there, everyone. I'll be watching how things play out.”

As Khani disappeared into thin air the room grew silent and Jayne looked to the rest of the group.
"I think that was a bit shocking but, the reason we are gathered today is to pay respects to those we lost. Shall we head out to take them to our resting place,” Jayne sighed sadly.

The group agrees with Jayne and after some time to gather themselves they headed into the carriage while Yue leads the carriages with the bodies. It was a long journey and the group fell silent during their travels. As they journeyed through the Thanalans the creatures and humans that occupied the world were beginning to resurface. Seeing this gave The Legacy hope for the future but, for the moment their hearts were heavy with the loss of their friends. Yue began to place the bodies down in the graves he had created earlier that day and then turned to each member of The Legacy.

Episode 44: Aftermath [THE FINAL EPISODE OF WHISPERING WASTELANDS] 1029

K'enion frowned a moment she looked around at the rest before walking forward, sniffling again she knelt down before Tuya eyeing her for a moment, she would reach out with her hand to the side of her head where she once had some of her scales ripped out, frowning a little she would dig through any cloth that was covering her so that she could touch her cheek directly.

"Hey...it grew back nicely..." she mumbled out.

Dorion looked down at Zakuro and placed a hand on her arm, "Zakuro was a silent warrior...someone I considered a friend. In our final battle...I never wanted to say the things I did. The bloodlust took over me and when we read your letter...I can never forget or hate you. I hope you can forgive me."

Trunks reached into the carriage and drags out the heavy great sword Zaku used when they were all together. Returning to stand before the bodies wearing a knowing smirk.

"The two of you got off on giving me hell from start to finish. You told me I could never change this world for the better of everyone, but I still hold my faith in that ideal and just to spite you...when I'm done reviving all the grand companies...I'm quitting the military altogether...I'll start a business of my own assassination jobs welcome...Instead of being the soldier, my father was...I'll become the warrior you always were. I loved you two as my own daughters...and to honor your memory I'll either make this world a better place my way or drown it in a sea of blood."

The air around The Legacy grew cold. In Shiva's hand, a crystal heart lay in her hand as she walked forward. Her walk was unstable, but she carefully walked over to where Tuya's body laid on the ground. She placed the crystal in her hand. With tears streaming down her face she closed the crystal in Tuya's hand.

"Goodbye...Sister....," Shiva's voice began to fade the more she spoke.

"Let me..add to this,” K’enion smiled.
She reached down with her hand she poked into her wrists enough to make it drip blood, moving it down she held it over the crystal, letting it drip onto it, soon half the crystal was coated in her blood, mixing it and making it glow a little.

"Now she will have us both as it will last forever," she said looking at her with a smile.

Jayne walked over and looked at the two bodies, "Although our paths now end here with you. I thank you for your time with The Legacy...although things changed...I am still proud to have given you my power for a time and your destiny...your fate...changed as with ours did. I hope that in another lifetime we will meet again in better circumstances. I know for the generations on the way...we will make sure that they live in a world that we all tried to create. We will forever remember you."

As everyone stood together Shiva looked toward Trunks with saddened eyes. Everyone watched as she walked over unsure of what she was up to. Shiva weakly walked over to Trunks; with a heavy heart, she removed her engagement bracelet and placed it in his hands.

"No...more," Shiva fought to say with her fading voicer.

Trunks nods in understanding and lights up another cigarette.

"I already figured the day was coming. Don't worry bout me, just worry about you."

Shiva nods slowly and tries to speak once more but, nothing can come out; for the moment she takes his hand and traces his hand with the following sentence: "This isn't goodbye...you fix yourself...I will fix me...friends, at least?" Trunks gives her a light punch on the shoulder, a weak smile, and turns his gaze to the sky.

A party like this wouldn't normally come together but to save Hydaelyn a group unlike no other was formed. A Legacy is a group of love, loss, and a journey unlike any other they had gone upon. A group that started out in the most unlikely way came full circle to the land that brought them all together. No one knew what lay in the future for them just yet...for only time would tell...would they make new friends along the way and who would remain?  
As the group walked away from the graves, Yue looked back and closed his eyes. Placing a hand on their grave he decided to say one final thing to Tuya and Zakuro.
"In that final battle; as you two passed...I saw what will be and I know...we are nowhere near done yet. I will protect them all until my last breath...I promise."

Episode 44: Aftermath [THE FINAL EPISODE OF WHISPERING WASTELANDS] 1125
Episode 44: Aftermath [THE FINAL EPISODE OF WHISPERING WASTELANDS] Facebo74
Shiva_Lunaria
Shiva_Lunaria
Admin

https://lunarislegacyxivrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down