Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 16: Helping Dragonhead

Go down

Episode 16: Helping Dragonhead Empty Episode 16: Helping Dragonhead

Post by Shiva_Lunaria Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:58 pm

Episode 16: Helping Dragonhead 056

Inside The Forgotten Knight…The Castellano Family and The Legacy joined together awaiting their next move. For those who weren’t in the clan some sat around the bar having a drink or two and just wondering what the family was talking about. Not present was A’mara and Jayne, which made sense to The Legacy being that she had just given birth. Apparently, A’mara was once helpful with midwife duties for Dorion’s birth so she was doing what she could to help Jayne at the moment. The members of The Legacy debated approaching Dorion and the other’s but watched from a distance for now.

Episode 16: Helping Dragonhead 183

Tuya herself remained close to Shiva right now, Ishgard and the people have always made her nervous; especially considering what they did to a certain tribe so long ago. Still, she lets out a breath through her mask and looks to the Castellanos, listening in to all of their words.

Shiva reached out and takes Tuya's hand tracing words into her palm:  "Missed You."

Tuya smiled softly at the words being written and nods.

"Trust me. You made that quite clear for the first few nights,” Tuya said as she tightened her grip on Shiva's hand and leans over, resting her horn on the woman's shoulder.

Shiva blushed a little as she began to sign more things to her girlfriend, "I am worried. Something feels off."

Episode 16: Helping Dragonhead 254

"Off? What do you mean? If it's the fact that I'm no longer an omnipotent goddess, you're right. I'm just a normal woman again,” Tuya sighed.
Hearing Tuya say that made her grip her hand tighter the thought of Tuya being in danger as she decided to sign more:  "The Gods...they are talking so much...I wonder what will become of us."

Tuya shrugged as she looked into Shiva’s eyes, "No telling. Where I still a Reaper, I could at least tell everyone where they go when they die. Maybe not when, bad idea to know when, but where their soul goes."
Listening to Tuya and Shiva speak Yukio was growing curious what Dorion and his family were talking about so she quickly tried to listen as best as she could. She decided to be the one Legacy member willing to step up to the family and ask questions. Cautiously watching Yukio move Kuro decided to move infront of her and speak in the moment.

"You look angrier today, what's the fuss,” he asked.

Dorion closed his eyes and kept quiet allowing Yue to speak on his behalf.

"We are to meet with a lawyer representing the Eorzean Alliance today...he apparently wants to oversee what The Legacy is capable of doing to assist the community,” Yue began.

Yukio realized what Yue was talking about and turned her attention to Dorion, "Your trial... it's soon, isn't it?" Kuro raised an eyebrow, "Trial?"

"Within a few days," he sighs, "My life hangs in the balance right now."

"Old man...if you and I have anything in common its our love for our family. This band of numb skulls is all I have. Far as Dorion goes I'll burn all of Ishgard to the ground to keep him safe. This lawyer or inquisitor that waits for us, I don't trust them at all much less the Eorzean Alliance. It almost feels like they don't care what we do or how hard we try...they're already set in the mind what they want to do and how they weigh the burden of proof versus innocence,” Trunks complained.

"My fate lies in the hand of this lawyer and whatever test they put you up against. I wish to join you all...but I have been instructed not to leave the city...in fact no one from our world has been instructed to be here. Zena, Delgado, Jai, Leric, Yue, and A'mara have all been instructed to stay. Overseeing you all today with be Hades and Rhael...the lawyer...he's currently waiting for you all outside,” Dorion said looking sadly towards the others.

Yukio reached out across the table and opened her hand to Yue with a worried look, "I don't wish to leave you…must you stay here?"

"We will be executed on spot if we leave..." Yue said taking Yukio’s hand and looking to Kuro, "Please protect her in my absence..."

For a moment Yue could see the worry and concern in the eyes of Yukio. Seeing her sad upset him and he knew he had to give her something to cling to.  Holding Yukio for a moment, he kissed her forehead and placed a small charm in her hand.

"I won't be gone for long... if we do this one task...I will be able to rejoin you...I promise,” Yue said in a calming voice.

"Not a scratch on her with me around, you have my word." He said as they headed outside.

Upon leaving the Forgotten Knight a aura man in a blue suit stood checking his watch and adjusting his monocle. He seemed serious and structured, intimidating a few of The Legacy members.

"So... you are The Legacy I hear so much about...tell me...who is who,” the Lawyer asked.

Trunks steps forward offering a handshake, “Storm Captain Trunks Edward Himura at your service."

Shiva signs her name: "Selene Lunaria...you can refer to me as Saint Shiva."

As Shiva spoke the lawyer could see that she and the former primal of this region was present. He began to make notes of it in his notebook.

K'enion tilted her head eyeing the man for a moment offering a small wave, "K'enion, former Dragoon of Ishgard."

"My name is Yukio Winter and this is Kuro Yoru, my guardian,” She gestured.

Kuro as he bowed ever so slightly, "Pleasure."

"Just Raven will suffice," Raven said cautiously.

"Oghul,” Tuya said blankly.

The man looks at everyone and eyes Raven and Tuya a little more before noting everyone’s name in his notebook.

"Interesting...the name is Ser Rhael Kaien...I would say it’s a pleasure to meet you all...however...I don't think this is ideal...I am sending you to Dragonhead...I must observe you all in action. You are there to assist in a monster problem there...I need you all to exterminate it. Simple. Good? Then you should get going and stop wasting my time. Also if any of you have a problem with my words know this...your friends in the bar are on notice...one false move I will have them executed before the trial....Don't try me..."

Many of The Legacy members stood silently for a moment unsure of how to handle what they were just told; how could a man ask so harsh on their first meeting with him. Both Kuro and Yukio tsk-ed at the mans actions following suit was Shiva. She knew she had to keep the primal within calm but, she and Ishgardians had history and she was doing all she could to keep the Saint from killing this man for his attitude.

Before walking away Tuya eyed Rhael and began to speak,  "Oh right... I remember you. Rhael Kaien. Born on the Steppe, like myself, and your family was murdered. Picked up by an Ishgardian merchant and decided to seek justice for the wrongly accused and to put away evil. Tell me, did they ever find poor Juniper's killer?"

For a moment the man's eyes were shocked...a member of the Steppe here among them?! He loosened his tie a little as he sighed, "Never. Something demonic I was told...apparently something to do with the Red Veil's connection...so you can see why I take PRIDE in seeing justice being taken care of."

Tuya smirked and spoke again, "Oh, if only you knew... If only you knew... Now, what are we killing tonight?

The Raen muttered , "That I have yet to figure out...Your comrade Hades awaits us let's go."

Episode 16: Helping Dragonhead 454

The tension during to Hades was strong…Dragonhead wasn’t too far from Foundation but during the walk in the snow those who were near each other spoke quietly as Rhael walked ahead.

Saint Shiva signs to the group : "Fucking Borrel Ass Kisser of a man, screw him."

Kuro walks beside the carriage and looks to Saint Shiva, "Who is this Borrel?"

Shiva turns to Kuro and signs: "The leader of Ishgard."

Kuro pondered for a moment, "I see…it's been some time, then."

Upon the arrival to Dragon's head...Hades stood in a celeste green top and carried the weapon his beloved gave to him. He seemed a bit tired but ready to assist those in need.

"Hades...I'd say its pleasant to see you but recently we were all sufficiently pissed off meeting that boot licking arse queef lawyer,” Trunks began.

Hades closes his eyes,  "Trunks...don't piss him off...you set him off the first person he kills is Yue."

"You and I both know not even a Reaper could kill Yue,” Tuya teased.

"That damn old man...he'll never die,” Trunks added.

Yukio smiled upon seeing Hades, walking up to him and giving him a quick but tight hug, "Don't you look dashing. This color suits you."

Hades chuckled at the conversation about Yue before hugging Yukio back. She always knew what to say to cheer him up when he needed it. Hades knew that as much as he wanted to just laugh and kick back with the group they were here for business and they needed to do something to get on Rhael’s good side. Hades suggested that they speak to the citizens to see what was going on exactly as he arrived not too long ago himself. As they walked around Dragonhead a crying child caught Raven’s attention and he walked over to her.

"You are one brave kid its alright,” Raven said calming the girl, “Did you happen to see anything?”

The young Elezen girl looked at Raven with sad eyes, "Papa never came back...we had to run really fast from the monster."

Episode 16: Helping Dragonhead 652

Kuro's ears twitched as he looked in the direction of the crying girl, letting out a small sigh before walking slowly over to her and Raven, kneeling in front of her.

"Hello there.. you look like you've seen something terrible."

Kuro opened his hand and held his palm out to her, gathering aether and forming a small ice sculpture in the shape of a horse as he smiled gently at her, "Can you tell us what this monster looks like? What can it do?"

The girl held onto the figure Kuro gave her and looked Scared...."Its a big wolf...a really big one."

Shiva instantly turned around...She knows it is not her Fenrir…or was it…She could sense his spirit with her but something was off and she looked nervously to those of The Legacy.

"A big wolf you say? Do you remember what color it was," Kuro asked again.

"It was big and blue but also turning purple sometimes,” she explained.

The more the child spoke the winds began to pick up...Shiva was furious...she sensed Fenrir was safe...so what was this creature?!

"Do you think you could give us the last known direction you saw this monster? If you can we will find your papa no matter what,” Trunks said kneeling towards the girl.

"It is near the graves...the big monster is there...Papa was there...We were bringing Mama her necklace...it’s a small opal necklace...I hope he was able to bring it to her,” the little girl said nervously.

"We shall find him whatever the cost kiddo. Whatever happens be strong,” Trunks said patting her head.

As the group looked which direction to go Shiva could feel an odd feeling in her heart and suggested a place to the graves. Running ahead she bounced through the snow hoping that Fenrir wasn’t possessed. As soon as she got to the hill her suspicions were true.  Shiva stared at the monster...it looked like Fenrir so much...she began to panic at the sight...she could sense it now...her familiar possessed...a deep purple collar wrapped around his neck.

Episode 16: Helping Dragonhead 750

"Set.Him.Free,” she whispered clutching her throat worried for her pet.

Hades grabbed his staff quickly trying to assess the situation...he wanted to examine the area but due to the the monster he was hit with a set of claws! Kuro looked to Hades in surprise as he was hit, looking then to the monster, and forming his ice shield and sword in his hands, banging on the shield to draw the beast's attention. His brow furrowed.

"Over here!" Kuro shouted, "I'll need some assistance in keeping this monster distracted, a few of you should investigate the area!"

Yukio looked a bit worried at first, then collected herself and breathed deep, nodding as she began to look around her for anything that might stand out. Focused on the three Viera the monster swung its tail knocking both Yukio and Kuro into the snow but Yukio's head hit something harder than anticipated. Aetherial sounds of ice filled the air...the voice of Saint Shiva entering the mind of those around her.

"My sweet boy...what has that witch done to you,” aiming carefully Shiva began to strike the collar wrapped around his neck.

Trunks shined a high grade flashlight into the eyes of the monster trying to give the others a chance to flank however the light did not bother Fenrir and it swung around permitting Trunks’ rib to hit a jagged rock. Tuya raised an eyebrow at Saint's command; free it? Easier said than done, but... Regardless she pulled her scythe from her back with a small flourish and studied the creature. She has some very mixed feelings about fighting Fenrir; the last time she's pretty sure she lost an arm in battle. Still, this time she noticed the collar and makes that her sole target. From there she steps forward and blipped out of existence before appearing above and behind Fenrir. Tuya thre her weight forward and her weapon out to become a buzzsaw for whatever the contraption is. The collar began to fray but it was not enough just yet to save Fenrir.

K'enion looked around first eyeing Saint's reaction the wolf, tilting her head for a moment she frowned not wanting to hurt the beast. As K’enion was watching Tuya work an idea came to her, she shifted herself launching forward shortly after Tuya's attack getting close pushing the beasts head out of the way, grabbing her lance she pushed the blade under the same spot trying to flay it more off, using her might to keep the beasts heat away. Her blade lighting on fight, the purple flame aiding her cutting whatever the collar was made out of. The color flickered some type of purple oil and the material seemed to be a thick leather...K'enion and the others were on the right track!

Episode 16: Helping Dragonhead 952

Watching everyone move, Kuro made a "Tsk" sound after standing back up from being knocked down. He looked to Yukio with slight worry, but a simple nod from her was all he needed. Kuro turned his attention back to the beast, dissipating his shield and holding his sword of ice in front of him. It might be too soon to use this but he had to try. Closing his eyes, he held the sword close to his chest. Slowly... the pure ice began to turn black. Once his sword was enveloped in it, his eyes opened and he leapt forward, bringing down the strengthened blade against the tear in the collar the others managed to make.  A large rip began to appear in the collar...Kuro was getting through to the first layer!

With Kuro on the move, Shiva carefully began to look around the ground...she could see a purple liquid falling from the collar....using her magick she incased the liquid in ice as Fenrir's paw swooped down and pinned her underneath him! Trunks fired a shot at the collar. Unfortunately, with the new parts and the added powder the recoil was a bit too much as the bullet soars 4 inches to the right of the collar hitting the mountain in the distance.

"Shit,” Trunks sighed at his miscalculation, “This was a mistake.”

Episode 16: Helping Dragonhead Shiva_12

With Fenrir focused on Trunks’ mistake, Tuya dropped her scythe and took in a deep breath. Tuya let her aether surge and cover her body in frost. Once fully encased she reached behind her and pulls out two cleavers from her belt. It's been a while since she used these weapons, but she felt like channeling the power she once used. Tuya stepped forward and slashed multiple spots on the collar. The collar began to fall a little lower! The amounts of moves Tuya made along with the Shuriken it was a matter of time now!

K'enion looked between each other’s attack, having moved out of the way enough for the others to land their attacks. She thought for a moment, seeing how flayed the collar really was, putting her lance into the ground she grabbed it, trying to anchor herself int other ground and pull as hard as she could hoping to use her strength to pull it off. Fenrir growled but her lance was able to make more cuts into the collar!!

Episode 16: Helping Dragonhead Shiva_11

Running head Hades tapped his staff into the ground. He turns to the Legacy using a shield to protect them for a moment as he calls upon a particular spell.

"1,000 Needels,” he shouted as the needles begin to tear at the collar!

Shiva rushed in flying up to try and rip the collar using her magick she began to saw away at the item.-

"It's coming loose," she signed.

Hades taps his staff into the ground...and grabs Shiva's hand.

"Your magick please," he smirks.

Taking a leap into the air Hades staff turns into a bow as he shoots ice towards the collar.

Episode 16: Helping Dragonhead Shiva_10

After recovering from a head injury, Yukio pushed herself off the rocks behind her, panting slightly as she held her arm.  She shook her head and formed her bow of ice, aiming an ice charged arrow at the collar and firing it off before she let her arms hang limp. She felt so worthless lately in battle... she knew she needed more training but with her attack, the collar just needed a few more hits Yukio's arrow hit a huge thread! Trunks decided to back Yukio up. Trunks flew into the air grabbing Fenrir's collar with one hand and cupping his cheek with the other rubbing his own cheek against the other side of Fenrir’s face.

"You could have killed me earlier but you drove me into the snow instead. I knew you were made of stronger stuff than that which could put on you Fen...Thank you for allowing me to repay the favor."

With that Trunks armor heats up around the hand on the collar setting the last threads ablaze until the snapped dropping the collar into the snow. The collar snapped off and hit the ground and Fenrir was back! Walking over Shiva laid her head to his her eyes closed...speaking aetherically once more.

"Sweet one it is time to rest...Time to hide into little form my friend,” Saint Shiva spoke as Fenrir became a small pup before them, "I am so tired of Haruka…We can't let her keep doing this...at least we can say...Rhael will be happy with us."

Shiva panics and uses her magic to make Fenrir fade and grabs the collar and signs to Trunks: "We can use this.”

With the enemy taken care of Trunks decided to use his linkpearl and radioed home to the rest of the crew, "Dorion? Yue? Is everyone alright? We've cleared the task set before us."

"Hey. That's good news man...take care of the people in Dragonhead. We're here. Castellano. Out."

Upon Arrival to the city the child and Rhael were there…. his smug face staring at them while the little Elezen girl watch them come back.

"You made it back in one piece. Lucky some would say,” Rhael said arrogantly.

"We don't do luck sir, we just do our job."
"Right," he said taking some notes, "Tell me did you find anything useful out there. What was this enemy?"

"Dunno. Though it might have been someone's pet since it had a collar,” Tuya said showing off the collar.

Rhael began to think, "A pet you say...people say they saw a wolf...anything you all have come across before?"

"Canine type monsters are common. Hell, you'd know that we have the Gedan on the Steppe,” Tuya added.

Episode 16: Helping Dragonhead 12163

Kuro walked up to both Rhael and the child, taking out the opal necklace once more and holding it in his palm, presenting it to the child as he knelt down, "I found this laying in the snow... I believe it's yours, is it not?"

"It's Mama's necklace! Oh you found it..." she girl cheered as she carefully held it, "Mama loved this piece so much. I know Papa and I were going to bring it to her but…Papa is gone...isn't he..."

Trunks kneeled down in front of the girl and pulls her close into a long hug, "We did everything we could...we found your papa's sweater and this note. His last wishes He frolics and breaks bread in the halls of Halone dear."

"May the Fury guide him to the beyond," she said fighting back tears as she looked into the item Trunks gave her, "Papa...and Mama...are finally together again…in this pouch...There is gil...so much  in here."

Trunks smiled to the girl, "He wanted it used to buy food and supplies for the people of Dragonhead. Tell me dear what your name is?"

"Eloise," she smiled, "Eloise is the name my papa gave me."

Episode 16: Helping Dragonhead 1350

"Have you any other family? Grandparents? An aunt and Uncle,” Trunks asked.
Eloise began to nod, "Auntie Krystal has a shop in foundation! I can stay with her!"

Rhael writes some more things down before listening to the young girl, "I will see it that the child returns to her family."

Trunks stands up facing Rhael, "Would it be a bother if I accompanied you taking her to them. Please...just let me see her to safety. I don't seek glory or validation...just her safety and happiness. Her peace of mind."

Rhael plays with his monocle and deep sighs,  "If it brings you such 'gratification'...I shall allow this one act of service...don't take advantage of my willingness..."

"Thank you sir. Eloise, shall we go,” Trunks said taking the young girl’s hand.

"Thank you Mister, she said holding her hand out to him.

The Legacy smiled to see Trunks happy with assisting such a young soul…they hoped that with this they were able to do one more good act before the trial. What awaited them next was The Legacy’s hardest battle yet; convincing the Eorzean Alliance to allow Dorion to live.

Episode 16: Helping Dragonhead Faceb102
Shiva_Lunaria
Shiva_Lunaria
Admin

https://lunarislegacyxivrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down