Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 30: Out to Sea.

Go down

Episode 30: Out to Sea. Empty Episode 30: Out to Sea.

Post by Shiva_Lunaria Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:07 pm

Episode 30: Out to Sea. 0023

A few weeks had passed since Scarlet and the others left for their previous world. It was late one evening and The Legacy had received a special word from The Eorzean Alliance. They had a sit-down meeting with Lucifer and during this time, they shared some vital information with him as he did with them of their previous world. Both the Eorzean Alliance and Lord Morningstar felt that it would be best to keep any information between the two of them. During the weeks that passed Lucifer was able to track down a sin rather quickly, however, the trail went cold and so he now needed the Legacy and their expertise in these creatures. In order for them to reach their destination properly the group was asked to leave in the evening and arrive by morning. That would give the mothers of the group a chance for the kids to sleep and discuss anything they needed to without the kids spying on the conversations.

Not everyone was to go on this journey…in fact, a few people skipped away to do needed training or catch up on the rest of their own but, would be in contact should anything arise. The Legacy found themselves at the small dock in Candlekeep Quay waiting for each and every group to arrive before joining on the ship together.

“Ah, the smell of the ocean air nothing quite like it I say,” Raven said taking in the scene.

Episode 30: Out to Sea. 198

“It’s too warm here..." grumbling a moment taking a long sniff.

As K’enion and Raven shared their feelings about their journey, Shiva stood off to the side…spinning her engagement ring on her finger. She was going to be traveling separately from Tuya this time around and she was okay with that because Tuya had a business of her own to attend to. As of late, Shiva hadn’t been feeling well and she began to experience pain in her spine and her stomach…she was often feeling as if her aether was depleting. She had never felt like this and after two weeks of feeling like this, she had a private examination with Leric. Since her diagnosis she had kept very private to herself but, from what anyone could tell…whatever she had seemed serious.

As K’enion, Shiva, and Raven waited for the others…in the distance a familiar face came into view. Yuriko Kazama was back, and she seemed a bit nervous. The young woman stood carefully; her arms hidden inside of her sleeves. She was really nervous about speaking up to the others right now, so she remained silent. But then...That tends to happen when you almost kill everyone here.

Finally coming down the hill was the couple Yue Akane and Yukio Winter. Yukio carefully linked her arm around Yue's as they approached the pier, looking around as she smelled the ocean breeze.

"Ah. this is nice,” Yukio said taking in the weather, “It's definitely different than my usual as well, but it's not terrible."

Episode 30: Out to Sea. 271

“I agree, the smell of the salt in the air reminds me of the nearby piers from when I was young,” Yue admitted as she held her close to him, “Look it seems our friends are beginning to gather…and someone we have not seen for some time has decided to join us as well. Once A’mara joins us of course.”

Both Yue and Yuriko made eye contact with each other and smiled but Yuriko’s smile quickly changed at the sound of A’mara meeting up with the group soon enough. Carefully striding down the pier A’mara arrived with the remaining members of the clan as they carried bundles of sleeping kids in blankets.

“Sorry we took a bit, had to get the littles all tired out so we can be among each other,” Jayne smiled to the group, “Zena and I will get the kids on the ship, and we will see you all shortly.

A’mara looked towards the members of The Legacy who were present and began to smile.

“Wow, so many of you are coming on this journey how fun,” she then noticed Yuriko was among the numbers, “And our little fledgling is here with us…this is going to be a journey.

Episode 30: Out to Sea. 369

Yuriko froze on the spot when A'mara spotted her let alone Yue…so she took a deep breath and decided to speak, “Yes... I... I wanted to make it up to everyone. I was on your land with you when you were taken, Master Akane..."

Yue smiled to Yuriko, “It’s alright…I am okay now and I am glad to see you among us again.”

“It’s good to see you A’mara,” Raven added.

“Agreed,” Yukio smiled, “It’s nice to see us all together again.”

“Ah if it’s not soon to be Mrs. Akane,” A’mara teased, “I can’t wait for this special day for the two of you.”

"Mm. I am excited,” Yue blushed, “Very excited."

As the two women spoke to each other Shiva decided to start her slow walk to the boat as she was still feeling under the weather. A’mara decided that seeing that she would help Shiva get on the ship and began to guide everyone there as well. Everyone found a space in the lower deck where they wanted to spend time or just relax but as night fell over the crew some took this as a chance to reflect. A’mara stayed on the upper deck reading a book her father gave her when Yuriko came up to speak to her.  

"Miss A'mara? Um... I... I wanted to apologize. For everything that I put you through when last we met. And... for being so stubborn. I've since learned that you and the others only had the best intentions for me. And I was being incredibly rude,” Yuriko said nervously.

Episode 30: Out to Sea. 472

“You are learning all that we are learning...Haruka is a lost soul...she had you so corrupted,” A’mara said trying to comfort the young girl.

"I see that now. But... I will not lie. I do not think I can strike her as I am now. I know what she has done. I know what HE has done. And I know how evil they are. But at the same time, she was my savior. How can I raise my blade against the woman who took me from a life I would rather forget,” Yuriko asked.

"For me the answer is easy...She took my life...she took your mortal life...she has cursed you with immortality...you may not see it now...but after a few hundred years...when you watch those die around your life gets harder. Not only is it hard to experience such things...I remember what she took from me. She killed my sisters and I with no hesitation,” A’mara explained.

"I have thought of that, but... I have no one. My older brother died fighting in a war, and my parents both died of illness. I am the last of my family. So, while I cannot speak on immortality, I instead see what she did as a boon. Before her, I was just another woman. But now I have the strength and speed to rival even warriors of legend. And she taught me how to use it. While this may be my father's sword, I didn't know how to use it. So yes, she may have given me a curse, part of me sees it as a gift Yuriko explained.

"I see...allow me to fill you in on something I have learned from one of our own,” A’mara said as she handed Isabella’s stone to Yuriko, "Do you see a purpose for yourself now?

Yuriko closed her eyes as she let the vision pass through her mind. She didn’t want to lie, a lot of her anger began to become more directed at Haruka.

"I... cannot agree with what she does, but I feel no pity for that man,” she said angrily.

"I don't either," A'mara sighed, "But I know Anthi will fight to save him...right now I reserve my feelings...but I want his blood across this Scythe."

"I agree. When the time comes, my sword shall drink deep in his blood,” Yuriko smirked.

As The Legacy settled in a few members of the group noticed a table filled with medicine, bread, dried fruits, and water. There was a note left for the group from the Eorzean Alliance; it read: “Greetings Travelers…please enjoy these snacks and medicine to help you on your long journey. May you forever walk in the light of the crystal during your travels.”

A few of the members decided to take the food while others refused to…because they felt it wasn’t necessary. For those who partook in taking the food, a sudden need to sleep came over their body and they found themselves drifting off into a dreamland.

For K’enion…her dream was confusing her; at first, it was just of other dragons, flying around, she was sitting on the edge, a younger her, though she did not age much. Then it moved to later in life, in fact, it jumped a bit, she looked around blinking before realizing it was the same area, but different. Things changed, suddenly a black dragon swooped down landing near it, it was large, almost as big as Nidhogg, and slowly a bright light flashed before it changed into a male Miqo'te walking up to K’enion and placing a hand on her head.

"There is my little dragon. Ready to go?" a bright smile, his red eyes glowing as did those fangs unable to be kept in his mouth. Slowly rubbing her head, a bit.

Episode 30: Out to Sea. Ffxiv_32

"Dad? Where are we going?"

He paused for a moment laughing, "To see your friends!”

As K’enion was sleeping Raven had a nightmare of his own…he could see himself walking through Ishgard once again as bodies of those he met and also citizens around them littered the street. The more he tried to run the more darkness he would come across. He could hear the voices of his friends calling out to him and Haruka slaughtering them one by one. He wanted to wake up from the awful nightmare but, the more he tried to wake up the deeper he dove into the dream. Unlike K’enion’s Raven was left to suffer through it.

Not too far from where Raven was Yukio found herself indulging in the snacks as well before falling asleep in the arms of her beloved. As Yukio began to fall asleep, she began to dream, finding herself in an open area surrounded by flowers. Everything looked snow white; from the drapes to the flowers, the floor like freshly fallen snow. She looked down at herself, and even the dress she wore was purest white.

Episode 30: Out to Sea. 670

"Where am I?" she thought to herself as she looked up to see her beloved, at the end of a long carpet.

"Yue,” she asked, but he did not respond.

He merely smiled at her, and held out his hand, and she began to walk towards him; a blinding light and she found herself suddenly surrounded by warmth of the sun but in the snow. Yue's hand was holding hers, and he spun her around dancing with her. She looked up into his eyes as she couldn't help but smile as tears threatened to surface. She was so happy.

As everyone continued to dream the sun began to rise and a new day was beginning. A’mara and Hades found themselves not too far from each other daydreaming their own thoughts. A’mara was unsure of where her father was sending them but, whatever was going on with him and the Eorzean council, she knew it was pretty serious. Hades on the other hand was just getting by as of late. The man hadn’t been seen for weeks since the trio left making everyone wonder what the hell was, he up to nowadays. For now, he just slept against the edge of the boat…keeping to himself.

Not too far from where Hades and A’mara stood…both Rufus and Zena were found near the top deck wrapped in each other’s arms. The visit from future awoke something in Zena…a willingness to fight once again; Rufus feeling the same. Right now, the two found themselves close together in a sweet embrace as their lips locked over the rising sun. A future worth striving for was now in their front view and they were willing to do anything to make it possible.

Episode 30: Out to Sea. 866

Not too far from the pink princess was her brother and his lover Jai. The two seemed closer than ever these days…often sneaking off for training. As much as one would believe that the two were involved in adult activities, Jai was really training Delgado on Blood Magick. There was a sudden fascination for him to strive past what he had done before…he truly only wanted to get better. Prior to this trip, the two were hard at work so a little R&R before landfall wasn’t too big of a deal.

Episode 30: Out to Sea. 971

The remaining members of The Legacy were hanging out together with the not so little children anymore. Scarlet, Tristan, and Isabella seemed to be affected by the time travel more than anyone anticipated. The group looked to be at least 5 or 6 now and they knew that the kids were bound to grow fast but never this fast. As Jayne sat communicating with the children, Yuriko decided to go over and speak to them.

Episode 30: Out to Sea. 1063

“I wish to formally apologize for my actions upon my first meeting you and the others,” Yuriko said looking towards Jayne.

"Oh! Look she's like us...but she smells funny," Scarlet said tilting her head to Yuriko.

Jayne instantly looks up to see Yuriko behind her looking to see if Rufus and Zena were around to correct their daughter.

"Ah nooo she has a bit of different magick that's all," Jayne smiled to Yuriko, "Bygones are bygones...we were aware of what Haruka did to you. How are you doing these days?"

Episode 30: Out to Sea. 1161

"Actually, young one, I'm more like Master Akane than anybody. Though I'm much younger." Yuriko said to Scarlet before turning her attention to Jayne, "I am having some issues, but I talked to Miss A'mara about them. The other issue, I'm afraid that only you and your family would be able to help me with. It's about being what I am now. Lady Haruka would have me...do unpleasant things when I was hungry. But... I do not wish to hurt any innocents. I am no longer under her care, so I was hoping I could get some pointers."

“She is really pretty. You are my friend now," Isabella chuckled as she took Yuriko’s hand.

Leric and Dorion laughed from a distance as Leric entered the conversation,  "We can help you learn to control your magick better...just say the word and we can begin  your training."

"I think you and I are going to be good friends,” Jayne said as she began to head to the top of the ship with the others.

While Yuriko had a conversation with the Castellano family Raven found himself walking over to where Shiva sat alone. The woman seemed to be a bit sad and focused on the waters ahead so he offered to speak with her. Shiva could sense the presence of Raven and did his best to wipe the tears from her face so he couldn’t see her crying.

“Good Morning Sir Dusk,” Shiva said calmly, “Did you sleep well?”

"Y-you could say that. What about yourself how are you holding up,” he asked.

Shiva took a big sigh before trying to speak privately to Raven, "I...may not have a lot of time left with The Legacy it seems."

Raven noticed her eyes were a little bloodshot and lowered his voice to a whisper, "What makes you say that are you planning on going somewhere?"

"Cancer...,” Shiva said nervously, “Leric says...somehow my aether is causing a tumor to grow or something.”

Episode 30: Out to Sea. 12177

"It's another battle you will succeed in Shiva besides do you really think Saint will allow the audacity of Cancer to stop you and her?" Raven said as he lifted himself up placing the palm of his hand to Shiva's shoulder to comfort her.

"I admit...I am afraid...but I will do my best to remain strong...for all of you,” Shiva smiled weakly.

"We shall find a cure no matter what,” Raven reassured her.

"Thank you. I  will do my best to continue to fight alongside all of you,” Shiva smiled.

Once Yukio had awakened from her slumber she instantly began to look around and not too far from where Yue was resting, she could see that Hades was staring down at the ground himself…falling in and out of sleep it seemed.

“Hades,” Yukio said as she touched his forehead.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. Yes, I'm fine- I actually wanted to see how you were doing. You've been worrying me lately. I wish I could take your burdens from you,” Yukio admitted.

"I am weak a bit tired...but I will be fine. While you all were resting Leric, and I were tending to Shiva so I am just a bit tired. I guess my mind is racing...racing to put an end to these sins."

"You're always working so hard you should really rest. We can deal with the sins when we come across them but you're stretching yourself so thin. Please, even if it's just for my own sake, please take care of yourself. Or at least, let me help take care of you," she stated softly, smiling, yet a look of worry crossed her features.

Episode 30: Out to Sea. 1361

"Yukio, if it makes you feel better...for the past few weeks I went to Limbo...I prayed...slept a lot even," Hades tried to reassure her, "I just used a little more magick than normal."

"Then, I am glad…I've wanted to ask you- what will you do once all this is over? What are your plans for the future," Yukio asked.

"I...I truly don't know...one thing is for sure...I will not return to Limbo...this is a promise...I have made to Hydaelyn,” Hades said coldly.

“Is that what you truly wish to do,” Yukio asked.

“Yes,” Hades said standing up, “We should follow the others and chat with the group…we should be making landfall soon I hope.”

The group slowly found themselves together on the main deck ready to just share some time together to sit and talk. The group stood around telling stories about some of the dreams they had and where they thought they were headed since only the Captain of the ship knew where they were going. As the group chatted with each other more, A’mara looked at Yuriko and could see a light growing within her since they spoke and it looked like Yuriko wanted to speak to the group…the two made eye contact as they took to the center of the group.

“I would like to formally apologize for attacking everyone when we first met. I do not justify what I did, but I would still like to apologize," Yuriko began.

"Yuriko, what happened with Haruka...is not your fault...by nature anything she creates is evil at first but can be fixed...You never have to fear that with us,” Leric smiled placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm not sure if it counts for much, but I forgive you. That woman is dangerously good at deception and it wasn't your fault," Yukio replied.

As Yue listened to Yuriko talk with the others…the group noticed Yue was pacing and walked over to the table where all the food was. He seemed to study the bread for a while before looking at the liquid in the bottle as his eyes now focused on a note on the table.

Episode 30: Out to Sea. 1454

“Yuriko, I am glad you have decided to join us and also that you weren’t one of the people who consumed what was on this table,” Yue sighed, “Please eat and drink this on your journey, Aorzean Elliance...Who made this?! This was definitely not left by Lord Commander and the others...it's written so poorly."

"Who...are you for real,” K’enion gasped.

"I didn't know I was not familiar with their handwriting. I thought it was a nice gift but, I did have a lovely dream after eating it,” she said a little nervously to Yue.

Yue kissed her head, “I not sure who did this to you all…but I will be monitoring your health for the next few days to make sure there are no adverse effects from what you have taken.”
The group went quiet for a bit as they sat together in deep thoughts or conversations of their own when Jayne suddenly popped up from where she was sitting.

Episode 30: Out to Sea. 1554

“Today is the Fifth Umbral Moon and the 17th Sun,” she exclaimed, “Today is the name day of both Scarlet and Dorion!”

“Yes,” Zena exclaimed as she sat with her daughter, “When the sun rose earlier Rufus and I sang her a special song. Blessed be to my daughter and my eldest brother today!”

Yuriko hears this and gasps at the information, "Oh! Is that so?! In that case."

Yuriko reached into her kimono and pulled a small hairpin out, kneeling in front of Scarlet, and clipped it into her hair. Shen then walked over to Dorion took a dagger from her hip and held it out to the man.

"These are gifts. I received the hairpin when I was a young girl, and the dagger is one my father kept on him for good luck,” Yuriko smiled.

"How pretty thank you Lady Yuriko I promise to keep this super safe,” Scarlet said excitedly.

"Honestly I think it suits your red and pink hair perfectly,” Scarlet said excitedly.

Dorion smirked and held the dagger, "That is so kind of you truly...I honestly forgot that today was my name day; It is crafted beautifully."

Episode 30: Out to Sea. 1643

"That's no good. You must always remember your name day. It is the day that your loved ones get to truly celebrate your being born,” Yuriko smiled to Dorion.

"So humble of him to not "remember" this morning huh,” Jayne whispered to Leric.

"Jayne my love,” Leric chuckled to himself.

As the boat traveled, the winds began to pick up and in the far distance land was starting to become visible. With land nearby, the water began to become choppy leaving Shiva to rush to the side and be very sick. A few members watched in concern but, as they looked at Shiva…Yukio, Raven, Yuriko, and K’enion suddenly felt a sharp pain in their heads.  In the vision the four of them could see Haruka biting Envy…they could hear him crying out for pain…struggling to get up from the ground he was on. He was covered in sweat once more and bruised skin.

Episode 30: Out to Sea. 1737

As the vision continued…huddled in the corner a young aura male and a half hyur Elezen child huddled together in fear of what was happening. As the vision came to an end the group could see that Yuriko was fully upset by what she was seeing.

"That woman... She would do that in front of children,” she growled.

"Tell me what did you all see...you all just had a moment,” Yue asked.

"Haruka,"  Yuriko growled as the malice clear in her voice, " She was pumping Envy full of venom. And she's doing it in front of children I swear, those two were not there when I left. They would NEVER get hurt if I were there!"

"I saw children as well,” K’enion exclaimed.

"Okay hold up girlfriends kids... Haruka wouldn't just keep some kids around....unless,” A’mara looked over to Shiva thinking of the message Scarlet and the twins left behind.

As the group stood silent for a moment unsure of what to say to Shiva a city in the distance became a sudden view. A city rich with plants and marble-like structures came into view…everyone gasping at the sudden sight of it all. The group carefully boarded off of the boat taking in the sights of the city and the smells of a nearby café. The people of the city began to look at them cautiously a few recognizing Jayne Luminara whispering that the Warrior of Light was here.

As they stood a bit unsure of what to do a tall man adorned in dark clothes began to approach them, "Well...Well...Well...about time you all got here.”

"Father...where did you take us," A'mara asked.

"Ah... Lucifer, it is good to see you again,” Yukio smiled waving to him.

“Well hello to you too...I decided to take part in your little game...I have tracked down another sin," he smirked, "And soon to me Mrs. Akane... a pleasure to see you again."

Lucifer slowly took in the views of the entire Legacy together and he could see members that had come from all over Hydaelyn while also noticing those of the Castellano Clan before he gasped himself. Both Yue and Lucifer instantly saw each other and walked over to each other with big smiles.

"Yue my boy... it's been so long,” Lucifer said pulling him into a hug.

Episode 30: Out to Sea. 1825

“My Lord,” Yue said hugging him, “It has been so long, and what an honor it is to have such royalty before me once more.”

“So where are we,” Raven said nervously.

"Welcome to Old Sharlayan...A place where knowledge reigns supreme, and secrets whisper from the corners of every ancient tome." Lucifer chuckled, “For here, in Old Sharlayan, the line between fact and fiction blurs, and the boundaries of knowledge are ever-shifting. I secretly asked to come with the help of the Eorzean Alliance…and during my time here I have learned a lot of what I needed already.”

“But why here,” A’mara asked, “Why would you come this far.”

“I used my magick, I could sense one of my spell books was left here…I know my work and I could sense that someone used a spell of mine. Hell…someone used something I taught one of my daughters. I could feel that a sleep spell was used on some of you,” Lucifer explained.

“War, Famine, and Pestilence... I remember hearing about them from Haruka." Yuriko explained before turning to A'mara, "They were under her control as well, were they not?"

“Their spirits were unleashed like mine,” A’mara sighed, “But they are dead...The Legacy killed them."

"As they did you,” Yuriko pointed out.

"Is it possible they could have been revived in a similar sense as you were,” Yukio asked.

“Sadly they are not…I would have easily felt their spirits as would A’mara,” Lucifer explained, “It would seem that Haruka got her hands on my journal…the journal that their magick was stored in and something that in my world Sloth always wanted…my guess this is his doing.”

"So...what I am hearing is that Sloth is using their magick...to make it seem like they are alive," Yue asked.

"Yes," Lucifer responded.

"Better yet... Why make it seem as if someone is alive to the very people that killed them? There's no tactical advantage there,” Yuriko added.

As the group stands in the port...Lucifer suggests that they move down the road to a place to find shelter as eyes begin to focus on the group more.

"Shall we move on I feel that our conversation may concern others here,” Lucifer whispered.

The Legacy agreed and began to make their way down the pier port when suddenly K'enion body slammed into a man. The man tripped roughly to the ground knocking the glass barrels he carried onto the ground shattered a few while his other crates fell into the ocean.

Episode 30: Out to Sea. 1927

"Yo, watch where you are going,” the man hissed.

"Oh, I am sorry,” K’enion said nervously, “Here let me help you up."

"Y'know I was travelin' so much and you just rushed into me...have you no brain, miss...damn...ugh, I gotta head back....anyways,” he sighed.

"I could help you. It was my fault...so it only be right if I did."

"Eh whatever lady...by the way you might wanna get your aether checked...you wreak of someone who is dyin',” he muttered.

"She apologized and offered assistance. There is no reason to push things further,” Yuriko snapped.

"You're right eh whatever...go on...I guess I'll just push it into the ocean and get out of my face,” he yelled back.

As the group began to walk away K’enion could feel a sudden chill come over her body as she watched time stop before her.

“On second thought miss,” the voice suddenly changed, “You’re coming…with me…”

Episode 30: Out to Sea. 2019
Episode 30: Out to Sea. Faceb122
Shiva_Lunaria
Shiva_Lunaria
Admin

https://lunarislegacyxivrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down