Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 14.5: The Journey

Go down

Episode 14.5: The Journey  Empty Episode 14.5: The Journey

Post by Shiva_Lunaria Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:48 pm

Episode 14.5: The Journey  053

After the Starlight Festivities, Yukio took some time to think about everything that has transpired over the past month. With her guardian Kuro supposedly coming back to life soon, she had some questions for the woman who was also brought back from the dead. For now, she stood by the fire; contemplating her questions while also concluding that she would need to leave for Corethas soon to check on her guardian's grave. With all the chaos going on, she hadn't had a chance to see him lately, and it was weighing on her mind for now. While Yukio was in deep thought, Tuya decided to also come down to speak to A’mara about a few things. Leaning against the guest quarter’s door, Tuya began to knock.

“Gil for your thoughts,” Tuya smirked.

A'mara looked up from the bed she was sitting on placing a book down and walked over to the woman.

"Lady Malaguld was it," she smiled, "How are you tonight?"

Episode 14.5: The Journey  180

Tuya gave A’mara a deep stare for a moment before speaking.

"There's no need for formalities. I'm the last person to observe proper manners. So... I'll just cut to the heart of the matter. I heard what you said at the party. While everyone was getting gifts.” Tuya explained.

A’mara knew of Tuya but they met when she was trapped within her own body by her corrupted spirit. Both Tuya and Zaku fought alongside her during the battle with the Legacy so many moons ago. However, even to A’mara this Tuya was different…or at least that is what she was feeling in that moment. Placing her book down and walking towards Tuya A’mara was a bit embarrassed that she was heard.

"You did...I didn't think anyone heard me speaking,” A’mara admitted.

"nothing said in this house escapes my notice. And that's just because of my race. Now then... From one...former death god to another, talk to me. Why do you think you shouldn't be here?"

"This isn't even my body...my soul fused with this dead one...I know nothing about the woman I possess. But maybe this is now my destiny to do something right this time around. To be frank...I never wanted to come here I was willing to die my world as my own creations lead to its destruction,” A’mara sighed sadly.

"So, what if it's not your body? The original person died. I don't know if this was before or after I cut off your head, but that's beside the point. And honestly? To hell with destiny. You could tell a young man that his destiny is to save the world, but what's to stop him from pushing a sword through his own belly? You have to make your own destiny,” Tuya explained.

"This world is just so new to me...it’s a bit overwhelming...Master Akane has been keeping a journal since coming to this world. So far, I've read three of them, so I am learning...It’s a matter of exposure right now," A’mara began, "I guess it’s just very overwhelming for me. Being here knowing that my sisters were possessed alongside me...trapped in dead bodies...or possessed in the case of Luminara...to then be slain by everyone...it’s a lot to take in."

"Sisters? You mean Famine, War, and Pestilence? Yes, they were killed. Though to be fair, they tried to kill us first. And you think being in a new world is overwhelming? Try imagining how it is for a baby. You at least have the ability to speak and ask questions."

"They were also possessed. We never were meant to be here. Haruka unleashed a lot of dark magick...she has old worldly powers...she came from a descendant with ties to one of the biggest evils in our world. She found a box cursed by the gods and opened it. She took that magick and took over us...we never wanted to cause this. In our world even though we were of evil lands we were the balance between the heavens and hell," A'mara explained.

Tuya listened carefully to A’mara’s story…there was a lot The Legacy was in for if this woman truly what did she did. Tuya tried to explain to A’mara that even though the situation was hard Death comes to everyone and so in this world it was that time for her and her sisters. A’mara had agreed with Tuya but one of her biggest concerns was her own magick. A’mara explained to her that a lot of it was within her but, she was missing her scythe and that alone would be dangerous in the hands of the wrong mortal. Unlike the one her cursed form held; she knew what death power resided in her true weapon. Tuya kept that in mind for now as the two continued to chat A’mara admitted to wondering if The Legacy was even willing to have her alongside them or if they were taking pity on her.

“Just so you know...They don't hold anything against you. Yes, you fought them, but don't forget. I did something you couldn't do. I killed one of them."

Before A’mara could say another word Tuya was already walking out her room and making her way to her girlfriend’s room. As A’mara made her way out the room she happened to find K’enion and Yukio sitting with each other having a discussion. A’mara really wasn’t sure what to do with them so she decided to ask them what their reason for being near was for.

Episode 14.5: The Journey  251

Yukio had suggested that K’enion still needed to get her injuries checked and Yukio had a few questions of her own to ask her. A’mara wasn’t really in the mood to worry about injuries but, if she wanted the group to like her, she needed to work with them. A’mara agreed to assist them for now and lead both K’enion and Yukio into the infirmary. A'mara begin to channel what magick she could muster and looked at K'enion

"You have ears like a cat but has dragon like features...what a unique half breed you are...from what I can sense I see nothing bad  besides a body recovering and an aura of trauma surrounding you,” A’mara observed.

"Trauma? You can feel that sort of thing,” K’enion asked.

"Heartache," she explained simply, "But considering the scent on your clothes from the room you laid in I would assume you linked up with Jai at some point?"

"Oh...right Heartache,”  K’enion grumbled, "I did for a good while I think...not sexually mind you."

"Really," A’mara said surprised, "That says a lot about the relationship honestly...usually Jai can't keep his hands off of anyone."

A’mara didn’t mean to be harsh but, when Jai loved someone he quickly took the person to bed with him and that was how he always was regardless if it made him seem easy or not. She didn’t want K’enion to hang onto hope that Jai would come back to her because his actions proved that he just didn’t know how to best break up with her. A’mara figured too if she was more honest with the girl that her heart wouldn’t linger and she could try and find peace with another man or woman

"Is that all you both needed,” A’mara asked.

"No... I wished to ask you some questions regarding your...situation,” Yukio began, “I wanted to ask about you coming back to life after death, if you would be willing to answer."

"Do you want to know about Limbo because you look like a man I would see there from time to time,” A’mara smiled to Yukio.

Yukio’s expression turned to one of shock as she stepped forward.

"You... you've seen Kuro, then,” she said almost excitedly, "Hades brought me to Limbo a while ago. I was able to see him, yet only briefly. I wanted to ask...did it cause any pain coming back? Did you know who you were and were conscience about your surroundings? The time you were in?"

“Oh, is that what his name is," A’mara said tapping her chin, "He's a loner that one...I saw him flying in the air as everything happened. I am guessing Persephone did something to let him out too."

“Flying through... the air?" Yukio asked, "You physically saw him? Here?"

"Not here. But when we were sucked into a portal out of Limbo. When I came to that Mint Bunny was dead on the ground and all of you were well you and hurt,” A’mara explained.

Yukio's pull to Coerthas became stronger than it had ever been. She needed to go, now. She gave a small bow she quickly began to gather herself to go upstairs.

"Thank you for your time. If you'll excuse me,” she said running away.

Yukio turned on her heel and walked out, heading up the stairs as she went up to her room. Her heart was racing... Kuro could already be back and if so, was probably confused as to where he was; or rather... where he was. She grabbed a bag big enough for a long journey and began packing, panic starting to take hold. As Yukio ran like a madwoman A’mara sighed heavily knowing that they would have to go after her. She knew that Haruka was still out there and if Yukio was alone she would be an easy target for her.

After packing a bit for her trip, Yukio took some time to write a note for Yue:

"I left for Corethas; I think my guardian may be back from the dead. Come find me when you wake."
As she tried to slip the note under his door Yue could hear the paper and he got up from his bed and looked over his loft. He could feel Yukio’s presence and he decided to see what she had left him. When he read the note he grabbed his jacket from his closet and grabbed his katana immediately. How could she just leave knowing that Haruka was out there. As Yue flew down the hall he found Hades and A’mara grabbing them instantly as he made his way out of the chamber hall.

“Where the hell do you think you are going,” Yue said in a serious tone.

Episode 14.5: The Journey  350

Yukio jumped a bit from the sudden slam from Yue's door, turning to look back at him exiting his room, "Oh...I thought you were asleep. I didn't wish to wake you."

"Just wake me up...it’s okay...I don't mind,” Yue sighed trying to calm himself down.

Yukio tightened her grip around her bag strap just slightly, "I'm sorry... I…Listen, I need to go to Coerthas... you all can come if you wish, but...I'm going.”

Yue turns to Hades, A’mara and K’enion and suggests that to help keep Yukio safe they should all travel with her to check on the grave. For a moment the group was cautious but, they agreed…if they could help Yukio with this one task…would it really be that bad? The group climbed into the chocobo carriage and headed out on the road.

Episode 14.5: The Journey  451

Amara and Yue sit in the carriage with K'enion and Hades. Yue seemed to be focused on the road ahead but he could see that his girlfriend was uncomfortable and worried about her guardian. Yue looked back at her for a moment and tried to give her a smile.

"I know...he's...very important to you...he raise you...I could understand wanting to see the person who meant most to you,” he began, “We will find Kuro…just hang tight.”

Amara Shivered a bit turning to Yue.

“it feels like the land of the Lycans here,” A’mara whined.

Yue chuckled as he and Amara made eye contact, "As cold as Estelle yelling at the twins."

Yue and Amara continued to chuckle as they got caught up with each other on things from their past. For a moment Yukio was jealous but she knew that they come from the same world and were once really good friends. As the group made their way into Corethas and near where the graveyard was Yue mentioned how Estelle’s body came through the portal and was buried here in Eorzea. A’mara looked cautiously to Yue and wanted to pay her respects to the queen she once served. On top of the hill Yue and Amara walk side by side talking quietly to each other before praying before the grave.

Episode 14.5: The Journey  549

As A’mara and Yue went to pray as Estelle’s grave Yukio was frustrated and sighed as she came upon Kuro's grave nearby. The sight she saw though was not one she was ready for, and she covered her mouth with her hand. The grave was cracked open, split completely down the middle. She knelt down and put her hand over the cold stone.

"Not here,” she whispered to herself.

Hades who was sitting quietly in the carriage walked over to see what was bothering her.

"Yukio...what's wrong," Hades asked.

"He's not here... this is where I buried him... and he's not here,” she explained, "When my guardian died... I buried him here. I would come back once every year to tend to his grave...but this is the first time I've seen it like this…his body is not here. It should be impossible...I encased him in purest ice...even if he did wake…he shouldn't be able to."  

As the group began to examine the gravesite, A’mara began to feel heavy magick and her scythe nearby.

“I think it’s all connected…we find her friend we will find my weapon,” A’mara explained, “I sense something truly ridiculous.”

Yue pressed down on his linkpearl, “Legacy…we are headed north from Western Corethas…there is major activity…meet us there?”

Episode 14.5: The Journey  649

Episode 14.5: The Journey  Facebo99
Shiva_Lunaria
Shiva_Lunaria
Admin

https://lunarislegacyxivrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down