Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 15.5: The Second Arrival

Go down

Episode 15.5: The Second Arrival  Empty Episode 15.5: The Second Arrival

Post by Shiva_Lunaria Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:39 pm

Episode 15.5: The Second Arrival  055

The winds began to settle down in Tailfeather as The Legacy took a small rest from the battle with Lunar Ravana. While members like Yukio, Kuro, Trunks, and Raven rested, A’mara and Hades continued to help take care of the wounded. As soon as the group was ready, they knew they had to meet the others in Ishgard for the arrival of the children.

Episode 15.5: The Second Arrival  182

Hades got the group their quickly and once they arrived and began to work their way through the city, people began to whisper about members of The Legacy walking with the woman once known as Lady Death.

"Its the Legacy...is that Lady Death with them…”
“....Oh no is our world in danger once more?!"
Listening to the voices began to bother A’mara as she stayed close to those near her.

"Lead the way...get us away from people,” she whispered.

"Oh shut the bloody hell up you MUPPET it isn't Lady Death I saw her demise with me own eyes,” Trunks said to a passing Ishgardian.

"Is Himura sure...I remember her quite well,” once sighed.

The group continued to make their way down the road in hopes of finding the Infirmary Lady Luminara was in. Kuro and Yukio caught up on the past whereas the more the group walked Trunks tried to interact with A’mara. He could see that she was uncomfortable by the way things were coming here and he began to ask her more about the past. As they walked the group learned that in Dorion’s world she was over 2000 years old which made her an elder to Yue. The two of them lead their kind to battle and were considered a hidden culture within their world. They did everything they could to conceal themselves against mortals quite often. As she discussed how it felt so different to her here Hades could see a change in her mood.

As the group reached the infirmary Hades Decided that he and A’mara would have a discussion and let the other meet with the rest of The Legacy. As the group made their way into the infirmary Zena was rocking Scarlet in her arms. The once small newborn now looked like a toddler, and she seemed tired in Zena’s arms. She was only born a few months earlier but due to her partial vampiric heritage, she was already growing rapidly. Scarlet’s eyes turned as she pointed at the group coming through the door.

Episode 15.5: The Second Arrival  253

"Hello everyone," Zena smiled nervously, "Jayne is in the back with Leric, Dorion and Yue...I can take us to the back in a room where we can all talk."

As the group greeted Zena Scarlet pointed to Raven and Kuro as she tugs on Zena's shirt. She was small but already curious by those who she did not know already.

"Ah yes...there is some new faces here,” Zena smiled kindly.

Yukio nodded and gestured slightly in Kuro's direction, "Zena, this is...my guardian, Kuro. Persephone raised him from the dead only recently.”

Kuro gave a small bow, "There are many things I need to catch up on...I only came back to protect her."

Scarlet looks at Kuro with eyes of amazement as her head tilts...she also looks at Yukio and is learning that there can be pretty boy bunnies.

"It is so nice to meet you Kuro," Zena smiles, "Truly. It’s lovely to have you all here please follow me."
As the group made their way to the room...down the hall...Jayne could be heard crying as she prepared for the birth of the twins....Zena closed her eyes.

"Jayne has been in a lot of pain trying to give birth to the babies...Yue is trying to help assist for now by making an herbal medicine to help ease the birth,” Zena tried to explain.

Meanwhile in the other room as Yue worked to the side making the herbal medicine for Jayne, Leric did his best to guide Jayne with her breathing. Dorion sat behind Jayne holding her and trying to keep her steady as the pains continued to grow. Gently speaking to her and keeping his focus on Leric, the men did what they could to ease their wife.

Episode 15.5: The Second Arrival  352

“Where are we at,” Yue asked.

“About 6 Fulms,” Leric replied, “Once she is at 10 she should be okay to start pushing.”

“Don’t give me medicine,” Jayne cried, “The smell of that is awful.”

Yue sighed…he knew the herbs wouldn’t be a hit but if she weren’t to take the medicine…her body would have to give birth naturally. As Yue tried to explain that to her, she refused it once more and wanted to keep going. Yue knew that Leric and Dorion were capable of helping and him trying to help with welcoming the twins into the world would be a lot. Trusting Leric he decided to sit off to the side for now and await to see where Jayne was at before leaving the room to meet with the others.

Episode 15.5: The Second Arrival  453

Listening to Jayne’s cries Trunks decided to speak from the other room, "The fact that she’s having twins is a significant enough trouble to warrant worry. Makes for quite the amount of blood loss and agony trying to squeeze out two boulders."
Zena shut her eyes nervously, “Jayne is the first Eorzean...to carry our kind...I fear for her life."
Yukio held her arm as she looked down a moment, "I wish there was some way I could help. I hope she'll be ok.."
"I don't think I'll be very helpful in this situation but my fingers will be crossed,” Raven said kindly.

"Please please everyone get comfortable...I also brought bags of clothes should you all want to change...it has been a long journey here I am sure,” Zena gestured to the bed with suitcases and pointed to a changing room.
Kuro nodded as he stretched a little looking towards the bag of clothes, "Being as I've been dead in these clothes for some time.. a change sounds quite nice. Thank you."

He offered Zena a smile as he went over to the bag and grabbed some clothes, leaving for just a moment to put them on before coming back out to stand beside Yukio once more.

"Much better…for now,” he smiled wearing his new clothes.

As the group took turns to change Zena decided to take a moment and walk over to Raven and get to know him as Scarlet slept peacefully in her arms.

Episode 15.5: The Second Arrival  551

"So...Sir Raven...tell me about yourself I am curious,” Zena smiled.
"Not much to tell, just a wondering vagabond trying to do some good in this world. I guess I'll fit in well my goals seem to align with the legacy,” he smiled.

"The Legacy has good people. We all come from different walks of life...just trying to save the world from darkness."

Zena stepped behind the curtain placing Scarlet into a basinet. As she looked down at her sleeping child she  behind the curtain to place Scarlet into her basinet. As Scarlet slept she could sense the tension and magick being used in the other room only leaving her to run her fingers along the edge of the basinet. She truly worried for Jayne and wondered if the babies were okay. The silence was bothering her but thankfully Kuro reentered the room with a question.

"Pardon my asking but, earlier you said.. 'One of your kind,’” Kuro began, “May I ask what you mean?"
"My family and I are from another world...we are called Vampires...creatures that look like humans...comparable to voidsent of this world...we also survive off of aether, but we also thrive on blood...we are immortal creatures that came to this world in hopes of a better life as our crystal was dying...the evil witch who plagues this world currently came from ours."
Kuro's eyes widened a bit, "I don't think that's a name I've heard before... vampire. Your whole family is?" Kuro glanced at Yukio for a moment before asking, "Even the man called Yue?"

"He is the 2nd Eldest of our Kind...he actually saved us all from the witch's power...he should be joining us soon…I hope,” Zena said looking out to the hallway.

"I heard the bards tell tales of men turning into dragons and all tales start with some truthfulness to them...But it is hard to fathom I must say,” Raven spoke honestly.

Kuro let out a quiet sigh and before he could say more, Yukio put her finger over his lips…it would seem that Kuro was unhappy with Yukio aligning with such a group of people let alone a man with such power. He knew that she was an adult and capable of making her own decisions but, a creature from another world seemed hard for him to understand.

"I told you I would explain later. Be silent,” she whispered to him.

"What? I'm only trying to learn of everything I've been absent to but fine,” he whispered back.

As the group continued to talk amongst each other Zena could see Yue appearing in the hallway looking to speak before entering the room. She decided to excuse herself to go talk to him.

“How is she doing,” Zena asked.

“It’s hard to say…it seems up until the last few days…the babies were responding to how normal mortal children would grow inside of a mother…In the past few hours the babies have been feeding off of her aether to prepare for the birth. Not only is she low on Aether but they are now trying to come out and the body is weak but know it must push them out…it is a lot more than I anticipated,” Yue said nervously.

“We produce in our world in such a way I knew there would be risks, especially with her being a mortal…We thought it would be easy since Rufus and I…”

Episode 15.5: The Second Arrival  651

“Rufus isn’t mortal like the her…he is a voidsent…the dna is similar to our own…but Humans…they have always been something we weren’t sure what would be,” Yue interrupted Zena.

“What do we do,” Zena asked.

“Go in there and observe from the distance…should things start to turn…awaken Shiva…she’ll know what to do,” Yue said.

“Scarlet is sleeping her basinet,” Zena said looking back.

“She’ll be fine…go…”

Before Zena could argue any further, she could see that Yue was serious and she decided to respect making him upset. She knew that Scarlet would be safe with he and the others…for now she left to go observe Jayne.

“Good evening,” Yue said walking into the room.

Slowly turning to face the direction of Yue, smiling a bit sadly at him. She would normally go to him but felt hesitant from the way he left her earlier. She felt she was getting in the way, or perhaps doing something to upset him. Kuro stood behind Yukio and watched her reactions to the tall man, before looking at him himself, not particularly happy to see him but at least he wasn't glaring either.

Episode 15.5: The Second Arrival  749

"I apologize for leaving so fast earlier...it seems I got here at the right time...Jayne is not doing well...the babies are taking a toll on her body as we speak,” he tried to explain, "This is uncharted grounds...and Leric is monitoring her heart carefully...I want to assist but, my son is capable of staying strong in moments like this...I trust he can carefully deliver his young. I must also apologize for acting in haste earlier...the battle and my former Sire were fogging up my head...my actions were rude and out of character.”

Yukio lifted her eyes slightly but didn't look at Yue directly. Kuro seemed a bit surprised by his words, and put his hand behind his head before bowing slightly.

"Ah. no, it is understandable. I only just learned what exactly you were a few minutes ago. Although I'm not entirely sure what a vampire is just yet,” Kuro smiled.

It was an odd question to ask but Kuro was curious hearing the other speaking of them dating.

"You haven't... with her...have you," Kuro asked.

Yukio tilted her head to the side, "Have what?"
"We only started dating recently...I promise that has not been a thought on my agenda,” Yue stuttered.

For once Yue was caught off guard...he had never been asked something like this in years. He almost felt embarrassed to talk about intimacy.
Kuro let out a big sigh like he had been holding his breath, muttering to himself, "Thank the twelve…You naive girl,” he whispered. "You imprinted on him..."

Yukio looked back at Kuro even more confused.

"I what,” she asked again.

Kuro shook his head and looked to Yue once more, "Whether or not I grow to like you... you need to understand something of my kind…my old village. When one of us imprints on another... they are bound for life. She has done so without realizing it…on you."

" I know what that is all too well...in our world we...."

For a moment Jayne’s screams could be heard once more.

"You can do it Jayne...you are getting closer..."
The group could hear the nervousness in Dorion's voice...it did not sound like the man they knew.

"Focus," Leric shouted, "Focus and breathe with me."

Jayne continued to scream when suddenly a silence was followed by the sound of a crying baby. For a moment everyone looked knowing that they could hear one of the babies’ healthy cries…it was a matter of time before they heard the other.

The sudden screaming made both Yukio and Kuro jump since they had sensitive hearing, Yukio looking nervously behind her before turning her head back to look at the ground.

"I hope she'll be ok,” she said nervously.

“Thank the twelve,” Raven smiled, “I do hope she will be ok.”

While they awaited the second cry Yue turned to Yukio, “I also want to apologize to you…my actions were uncalled for.”

"Thank you.. it's alright. Had I known Haruka was speaking to you through your mind, I might have understood sooner. She still seems quite fond of you…Should I be worried..?"

Yue shakes his head no, "I can never forgive her for all that she has done. I am merely just a toy for her to use...and that is the love I never wanted and why I moved on from her...we should have never been...please understand that," he said as he kissed her forehead, "I've shared so much of my story with you...you have a similar story to me. I swore I'd stay with you...forever..."

Episode 15.5: The Second Arrival  847

As Raven continued to talk to everyone and observe the group he began to try to keep the conversation light.

“Are many of you skilled with magick,” he asked.

"Out of this group...the most...unhinged with power...I would say is our little ice mage...Lunaria,” Yue explained.

“Unhinged can certainly be dangerous but what is life without a dash of recklessness,” he chuckled (

"You have no idea...there is a primal in that girl,” He explained.

Meanwhile in the other room, screams could be heard again once more. As Leric attended to the first baby Jayne’s screams began to grow louder…her back arching in pain. Dorion quickly got off the bed placing pillows behind her and carefully giving her more room for labor. Holding her hand tightly he turned to Leric with concern.

“I can’t do this…I can’t breathe,” Jayne cried, “I can feel the baby trying to go but I…”

Leric began to shield his wife in magick using his own to help her breathe. As he got into the bed he could see that the baby was ready to come out. Helping Jayne to keep her legs apart he looked her in the eyes and tried to use his words carefully and calmly.

Episode 15.5: The Second Arrival  951

“Mo bhean chéile grámhar,” Leric said smoothly, “I need you to push right now.”

Squeezing Dorion’s hand Jayne began to push once more…her body giving it all she had.

“Dorion, I don’t know if I can go any further,” she cried.

“We’re here with you,” he said as he began to transfer his magick to her.

Jayne did her best and continue to push…a second cry could be heard...leaving Leric and Dorion to smile.

"Two healthy heartbeats. I can hear them. So fast. So full of life,” Yue called out from the other room.

“Cheers,” Raven replied, “I can most certainly drink to that."
“Thank the gods, Trunks cheered, "Congratulations gramps you are the grandfather of 3 now.”

Yue nodded as he noticed Yukio looking to the hallway asking him, “And Jayne?”

Down the hall Jayne held her children in her arms with the support of her husbands.

Episode 15.5: The Second Arrival  1050

“Our babies,” she smiled, “Is this truly a reality?”

Dorion and Leric both looked down at the children they shared. Two little bundles of joy rested peacefully in her arms. As Jayne looked down at her children beads of sweat dripped down her head; it took so much out of her just to have them. Leric could sense that she was feeling a bit weak and decided to place them into the small cribs he had as he decided to double check their vitals.

“You did it,” Dorion said kissing her forehead.

“I did,” she smiled weakly, “I just don’t feel myself right now.”

Dorion looked at Jayne carefully seeing the exhaustion in her eyes as she continued to try and breathe. Almost instantly her flushed cheeks looked pale…the color leaving her lips and her eyes beginning to close. Before Dorion could ask her what was wrong her body began to convulse as her breathing became out of control.
“Leric,” Dorion yelled.

Episode 15.5: The Second Arrival  1146

Quickly turning around Leric began to assist the situation as he could hear her heartbeat becoming faint.

“Master Akane,” Dorion hollered from the hall.

Trunk stumbled up quickly down the hallway following Yue.

"I knew things were going too smoothly...damn the twelve and their games."
Yue’s eyes quickly turned red as he yelled at Trunks "BACK!"
"Shut your sandwich squeezer old man you aren't the only one that cares,” Trunks yelled to him.

Yue looked at Trunks with a serious look, "For once listen...please let me and my family handle this."

Trunks stood quietly as Yue entered the room where Dorion Jayne and Leric were. He could see Zena already moving the children to another room to keep them from crying, but he knew the situation was dire. Carefully using his magick he began to help Leric stabilize Jayne’s aether causing her body to stop convulsing.

“Lunaria,” Yue called.

Episode 15.5: The Second Arrival  12162

Shiva wasn’t too far behind, she happened to be in the room where Zena was bringing the babies to. Carefully entering the room, she could see that Yue needed her and the condition Jayne’s body was in.

“I need Saint Shiva to stabilize her,” Yue asked carefully.
Shiva nodded as she gripped Yue’s hands…the two joined together summoning the Goddess once more as Aether began to flow through Jayne. Both of them could feel their magick depleting, leaving Leric and Dorion to watch on in fear for a moment before lending their own magick to her. Jayne’s chest continued to rise and fall as the beads of sweat became more and more obvious to the group.

“It’s not working,” Yue said sternly, “Leric…take the children with Zena…keep the Legacy focused on them right now.”

“For what,” he shot back, “Pretend that my wife is fine…Father…what is happening?!”

“Her body is rejecting our magick…the children took everything she had it’s going to take a lot to get her right…let alone be able to care for them.”

Leric and Dorion locked eyes for a moment…Dorion’s eyes suggesting one thing to Leric. For a moment he shook his head but continued to look down at Jayne. She was the Warrior of Light…the people of Hydaelyn would be devastated to learn she was ill let alone from carrying their children. He paused for just a moment and nodded.

“It has to be done,” Leric sighed to Dorion, “Give her everything you got.”

Dorion nod as Yue stood near Shiva, “We will watch from here…for now take the children to The Legacy.”

Episode 15.5: The Second Arrival  1349

For a moment Leric stood against the wall as he heard Dorion lift Jayne off her bed and begin to transfer his aether and venom to her.

“Be safe my love,” he sighed as he went into the room where Zena awaited.

Patiently awaiting The Legacy finally heard footsteps…Zena and Leric came into the room holding both babies in their arms.

"Oh, thank goodness," Kuro smiled at the two of them, "Congratulations."

"The twelve has blessed us with two new babies to The Legacy...A Boy and A girl,” Zena smiled.
"I would love to introduce you to Isabella Estelle and Tristian River,” Leric smiled.

Episode 15.5: The Second Arrival  1443

Yukio walked up slowly to them and looked down into their little faces, keeping her hands to herself as she held her arms. A small flash of grief crossed her face before a soft smile replaced it, "They're lovely. you must be happy Leric." She said as she stepped back again.

Kuro coming up behind her decided to speak on the matter as well, "We've yet to meet…My name is Kuro. I'm Yukio's guardian. Pleasure to meet you."
"It...it is a pleasure to meet you...forgive me for not focusing on you...it has been an evening for me,” Leric admitted.

"New children are always a jovial experience and born in Ishgard where the fury will guide them, If you believe in such things! But congratulations are in order none the less,” Raven smiled at the children.

"Can you tell us about Jayne…is she alright,” Yukio asked.

"She is stable now...Yue Dorion and Shiva are there as we speak,” Leric tried to say calmly, "however a nice bed maybe needed for Shiva in a bit....she is losing a lot of aether right now...for Saint to lend us her aether...it’s a miracle Jayne is alive right now.

"Sleep would be welcoming for most of us I would reckon considering we had a rather intense battle,” Raven added.
“Well...we need to get the babies back to Jayne...but, we did want to share them with you all for just a moment. Please excuse us,” Leric said leaving the room almost quickly with Zena.

For a moment they found it odd but knowing that he was overwhelmed it was only natural for him to act in such a way. As Leric and Zena walked out Saint Shiva made her way into the room and began to notice the two new faces in the room.

Episode 15.5: The Second Arrival  1543

“New friends,” Shiva signed to Trunks and Yukio.

Yukio walked over to Shiva and began to sign to her that Kuro was the guardian she had been speaking about for quite some time. Shiva nodded and kindly welcomed him to the group as she observed Raven in the corner. Trunks explained to her that Raven was a new warrior who helped them battle the Lunar Ravana. She welcomed the newcomer to the group as she began to sign more on the matter.

“I was beginning to fade…we used a lot of our magick to help Jayne but I am unsure…the rest is in Dorion and Yue’s hand,” she signed.

For a moment Kuro was confused by Shiva’s dancing hands as was Raven leaving Yukio to explain that Shiva was mute and could not speak due to an injury. She decided to translate for them allowing them a chance to understand what she was talking about.

“Maybe I can help you,” Kuro said.

Episode 15.5: The Second Arrival  1634

As Kuro transferred some of his Ice Magick to her Saint’s eyes began to see light again and she thanked him for his kind action. For now she suggested that the group get some rest and The Legacy came into agreement that it was a good idea. As the candles went out in the room Shiva looked to the fading smoke and hoped that Jayne would be okay moving forward.

Episode 15.5: The Second Arrival  Faceb101
Shiva_Lunaria
Shiva_Lunaria
Admin

https://lunarislegacyxivrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down