Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 39: "The Path to Wrath"

Go down

Episode 39: "The Path to Wrath" Empty Episode 39: "The Path to Wrath"

Post by Shiva_Lunaria Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:46 pm

Episode 39: "The Path to Wrath" 0010

As the sun lazily rose over Fairytail, the sun rays cast a warm glow over the building. Some of the members began to wake up for the day while others were already awake and taking care of tasks of their own. Inside, the atmosphere was relaxed, almost peaceful. Some members, still nursing injuries from the battle with Azazel, took the opportunity to rest and recuperate. Others went about their daily routines, whether it was training, socializing, or simply enjoying a moment of peace amidst the lively group.

At the bar, Jayne wiped down the counter with ease, a gentle but concentrated look stayed upon her face as she tried to regulate some sort of normality in her life. She was tired of going to the infirmary and checking on the others but, she knew they would be in a few days or so and everyone would be getting up onto their feet again. As she continued to focus on the tasks that brought her peace, she could other members of the guild moving to the library. Normally she would be in on the important talks but, Yue assured her for now he would keep tabs on things so she and Leric could focus on Dorion and Zena getting better.

As the day unfolded, anything could happen at Fairytail. From unexpected visitors bringing news of new quests to impromptu sparring matches breaking out between members, the guild was always alive with activity. But no matter what the day held in store, one thing was certain: the bonds of friendship and family that united the members of Fairytail would see them through whatever challenges they may face.
The first member to come from their chambers to the library was Yukio; she came in to join the others. Stretching her arms up above her head for a moment, Yukio put her hand over her mouth to cover a yawn. Yukio hadn't registered all who were in the room with her but fast asleep leaning onto the couch was her husband Yue.

Episode 39: "The Path to Wrath" 1109

In the dimly lit chamber, the sound of crackling wood in the fireplace soothed Yue. Yue’s long white hair cascaded on his shoulder and the couch, framing his chiseled features as he sat there. His eyes, closed as he took this moment to have a serene rest.  As he sat in contemplation, the centuries seemed to melt away, transporting him to memories long buried in the recesses of his mind. His pale fingers absently traced the intricate patterns of the upholstery. He was in a state of trance…the fire was the only thing keeping him at bay.

As Yue rested, Yuriko made her way up the stairs, easily balancing a tray in one hand and a book in the other. Yuriko could have easily put the book on the tray but, she was reading it as she moved about. Yuriko couldn’t really explain it, but her transformation to a vampire had given her several useful abilities; this being one as she was using it to deliver tea to the others in the library.

Joining Yuriko, Yue, and Yukio in the library were K’enion and T’yago. The two were hidden away in the crafting room. K’enion stayed in the longue area of the crafting room while T’yago worked on something special for the two of them. T’yago had delicately wove strands of shimmering thread together, his fingers moved with practiced precision; tirelessly on each piece, he had carefully selected how to make the necklace come together. With each knot tied and the gemstone placed onto the thread, he poured his love and devotion into it; this was going to be his engagement necklace for him and K’enion. Now that the piece was complete, he carefully tied it onto her neck as they made their way into the library.

"I promised I'd make you something special,” he said as he kissed her neck.

K'enion blinked, looking down at the necklace. A bright blush came across her face as she opened her mouth, "I...love it.."

In the quiet sanctuary of the library, the couple stole a fleeting moment away from the prying eyes of the world. With a gentle touch, they found solace in each other's embrace, their lips meeting in a tender kiss that spoke volumes of their unspoken love. Shielded by the comforting embrace of knowledge, they savored the sweetness of the moment, they shared a silent promise of forever, their hearts entangled in their stolen embrace.

As the couple kissed each other, Nyx made her way into the room taking a look at those who were also in here. Not too far from where Yue rested, Trunks was deep into research as well…reading what little notebooks he had for blood magick from Dorion and the others.

Episode 39: "The Path to Wrath" 282
"Legacy," Nyx stated simply, "How is everyone doing?"

Yukio opened her eyes again and blinked a few times, finally taking a moment to scan around the room. Noticing K'enion and T'yago, she couldn't help but smile softly at the two, turning her head to see Yue on the couch. As she made her way over to him, she smiled at Nyx tiredly.

"I wouldn't say that was my best night's sleep," Yukio sighed, "I'm much too tired.."

As Yukio and Nyx spoke…Yukio found herself coming over to check on her husband. She took his hand gently waking him up from the slumber he was in.

Yue spoke gently, "I am sorry my love...I didn't hear you come in...I spent more of the day with Leric in the infirmary."

When Yue woke up from his rest, Yuriko finally finished prepping the tea first bringing some over to Nyx.

"Lady Nyx...Yue and Yukio…Would you like some tea?"

"Tea is fine thank you,” she smiled as she took the cup into her hand.

As Yuriko handed out the tea she prepared for everyone, The Dusk Siblings made their way into the library quietly, just now arriving from Ul'dah. Eilyne was trailing behind Raven, unfamiliar with the home and those who resided in it. She would pop her head from behind him and look at all who were interacting with one another in the room, a strange bunch at first glance. Sensing the new person in the room, Nyx quickly turned around and noticed Raven with the female.

"Ser Dusk..and...who might I ask," Nyx asked curiously.

Episode 39: "The Path to Wrath" 380

"This would be my little sister she'll be joining us...if that is okay with everyone,” Raven stated simply.

Yukio’s gaze turned around to Raven entering the room, glad to see him again safe, then smiled warmly at whom he introduced as his little sister.

"Does she have a name, Raven? Surely, she can't be 'little sister' to all of us," Yukio giggled a little.

“Yes,” Yue chuckled in response to his wife, "Lady Dusk...welcome to The Legacy...please have a seat with us...there is plenty of room. Our leader is currently attending to other duties...but she will definitely want to meet you."

"Yes, Sorry her Name is Eilyne, Yukio,” Raven blushed.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance all, and a pleasure to meet you as well Ma'ams," Eilyne said towards everyone, "It is as my brother says, my name is Eilyne…I apologize for my sudden visit to you all, especially since I came without warning, however, it was difficult for me to find Raven and I wasn't planning on parting ways with him so soon after not meeting for a decade."

"It's alright...it seems you have come a long way to join us. We will do what we can to make you feel welcome here in these times,” Yue said kindly to Raven’s sister.

Episode 39: "The Path to Wrath" 483

"A pleasure to meet you Eilyne," Yukio smiled at her, trying to give off a more friendly aura despite how tired she felt.

Once Eilyne was made aware of the group’s gathering Nyx wanted to get everyone’s perspective on some of the things that happened with the battle. The room was silent for a few moments as everyone sipped on their tea but for the newcomer, Eilyne, it looked like she had joined the Legacy at a time when a battle had taken place.
"Ashamed, if I'm being honest,” Yuriko sighed.

"The battle went about as well as we could have hoped albeit from an outsider's view it would be difficult to define who was the villain and who was the rescue team. The savagery many of us displayed gave me cause for concern and as if my words of caution fell as whispers in the wind, blind anger led to mistakes...costly mistakes which have left us with friends and comrades far more injured than they should have ended up,” Trunks added.

"Azazel definitely left some of you ashamed, questioning your methods as fighters...As soon as you got back I borrowed a special little crystal that belongs to Isabella and you did the best you could...some of you are sloppy and weak...if you are going to face Haruka...You will definitely need to step your game up,” Nyx said sternly.

"You need to watch your tone,” Yue yelled to Nyx, “You weren’t there so you weren’t able to help them now where you.”

"Neither were you! We had to keep this house safe in case Haruka showed up! We would not be in this mess if it wasn't for you so 'I' would suggest you tone it down with me...unlike Sasha and A'mara...you are not my equal,” Nyx said coldly to Yue.

"Nyx, I have a question I feel like we've been training relentlessly to get stronger, yet.. each new foe we face is ever stronger as well, which makes us, or at least myself, feel as though we're not getting anywhere," Yukio looked up to the woman with determined yet saddened eyes, "Is there anything more we can do to help us?"

"I think I am beginning to like you,” Nyx smiled as she held out a vial of purple liquid, "This vile contains Azazel's blood...and what I can tell you...Haruka is feeding...she is using the sins along with the aether or a primal right now to be strong. After looking at the data that I conducted...she has advanced even in her old age. The Haruka you all faced is changing...and to be honest...I worry...this kind of magick...I have felt it before...right now I can't fully pin it...but...it is definitely from our world."

"So we just get stronger then push ourselves to the brink of death and back until we can match her or at least be able to cause her harm,” Raven said enthusiastically.

"You know who's strong...the guy that just railed me in Ul'Dah,” a voice said from the doorway.

From the hallway, Kasdeyah walked into the room smirking at those in her presence. Every step she took seemed to hum with a subtle allure, her green dress clung to her curves that commanded their attention. The fabric swayed with her movements, and her eyes, a verdant gaze that seemed to sparkle with mischief, swept across the room, taking in every gaze that lingered on her.

Episode 39: "The Path to Wrath" 580
With a toss of her emerald locks, she wandered towards her guildmates, a confident smile playing on her lips. As she leaned onto Nyx, there was a magnetic pull in her presence, an irresistible allure that left no soul untouched.
"Kas is home,” Nyx sighed.

"I..am sorry..what,” K’enion blushed trying to listen to was Kasdeyah said.

"So did Nyxy-Poo tell you guys you suck yet," Kas giggled, “I saw little Izzy’s crystal as well and my goddesses…that was bad.”

"How can... we be expected to fight something like this?" Yukio said nervously to Yue and Nyx, "Not from our world…we've been barely scraping by as of late. How are we going to face someone not only not from here, but with ancient magick we don't understand? We're walking into our deaths at this rate, and I… "I just... I don't want to lose anyone."

"It will be fruitless to continue training as we have been I'm afraid. For with every step, we take forward Haruka already sees it and moves two steps further. No, the normal training simply won't do. We need an enhancement she can't foresee, an improvement that can't be viewed so easily with the eyes,” Trunks added with concern.

As everyone spoke Yuriko couldn’t help but stare at the vial of blood in Nyx hand. With Kas coming home and making a scene about her sex life it was the perfect distraction for her to prepare more tea for those who entered the room. Yuriko quickly put together a cup of tea for Kas to drink. Kas looked at the tea with delight as she kissed Yuriko on the cheek.

"Thanks, cutie now go back by Yue...I need to catch up,” Kas whispered, “Plus you’re a fledgling and I can see how you want a taste of Azazel’s blood.

Kas looked at the tea for a moment, as she took a sip of her tea, Kas savored it with a sinful grin. Each sip sent ripples of pleasure through her senses, the warmth of the brew caressing her tongue like a lover's touch. As she finished her cup she decided to answer Yukio’s question.

Episode 39: "The Path to Wrath" 682

"I understand your concerns...the man you call Hades almost lost his life yeah,” Kas thought for a moment, “I think what we may have to do is train you all once more...but with some of the things we have learned...we don't know if there is much time for you all to train right now."

"Might I suggest something similar to how I got possessed, a power boost,” K’enion suggested, “Also…wait did you just say, you got railed...?"

"I sure did...the men and women of this world are so flexible. I was with this male and his female friend in U’ldah when he suddenly bent me over and - "

"Kasdeyah!....enough please," Nyx interrupted.

K'enion chuckled nervously at the last part, looking at T’yago for a moment then back to the floor, gulping.

"I don't think we should be going anywhere to fight anyone else until we have the proper tools at our disposal to fight what's coming for us and ‘win’," Yukio said as she held onto Yue’s hand, "I have a future worth fighting for now.. but…I shouldn't have to die for it.. none of us should."

"At least we outnumber our  foes,” Raven suggested as a thought came to his mind, “Ah-Ha Eilyne you've studied magic your whole life maybe you are the key we need."

"You are new and intrigue me...what magick do you specialize in,” Nyx asked Eilyne.

"Ah, yes I mean I have been studying under the professors at the Studium since I was a child, but I don't know if I could be much of help,” Eilyne added, “Uh, I mean I've dabbled in this and that from independent studies, but my main major is the art of Red Mages. I lack actual combat experience, Ma'am. I have spent my life, short that it may be, studying anything that is written in tomes, but reading and sparring with my classmates does not equate to being thrown straight into the fire."

Nyx smiled at the girl, “Don’t fret…you would be surprised what you can learn at a moment’s notice with the knowledge you have.”

Episode 39: "The Path to Wrath" 777

The room was in deep thought for the moment, they did possess so many people within this group…with skills they never thought to use before. As everyone tried to think of a plan…something came to Yuriko’s mind.

“Perhaps you four sisters could train us? And possibly your father? You all have more experience than any of us. And depending on who we train with, we can obtain different skills. And smaller groups would make the training more focused. More effective,” Yuriko suggested.

"That is exactly what I was going to suggest...a battle with Lucifer and the sisters now that they have their bodies back,” Yue added.

"Yes, allow me to train you guys...I am sure you remember the last time some of you fought me,” Kas smirked eyeing Trunks for a moment.

"Personally, I feel that I'm weakest with anything involving range. I come from a traditional place where firearms are essentially non-existent and magic is closely guarded. ...All of my skills are with a sword,” Raven sighed.
"The most powerful mech in my arsenal is the product of such works in augmentation and possession. When the Garlean army abducted me and my kin I was labeled the brightest among them and thus was forced into the research and experimentational department. Inside that mech...is a human soul," Trunks explained.

"I haven't been able to hone my new power, but.. after what just happened with Azazel... I think we all need to work on our mental strength so we can't be so easily tricked for what is real and what is not,” Yukio added.
"I think tech is where you are weakest Himura...you need to also focus on your weaponry...you are a machinist are you not...As for you Yuriko...Leric and Jai nearly tore you apart we will need to work on that,” Nyx suggested.

Kasdeyah looks to Raven, "I have to say Sasha is particularly interested in training you and Yukio that is something we can definitely build on."

"I honestly don't know where my weakness would be...I have not really thought about it,” K’enion sighed a bit.
"I think your weakness may not be honing into your dragon magick,” Kasdeyah suggested.

"How…so? I think I do pretty well,” K’enion said surprised.

"You are the granddaughter of a great wyrm...we need to bring it out of you more. I have read the lore on your grandfather and omg does he sound like fun,” she smirked.

Trunks was bothered by what Nyx had said, "While I don't dispute your insight to the lack of firepower in my weaponry you have to understand that materials suitable to handle and upgrade them to the levels I would need them to be don't exist in this world...Think about this, you may not be able to follow but let's give it a try anyway, shall we? I can lengthen the barrel for accuracy and distance. My ammunition is packed with enough gunpowder to blow a Matanga's head 100 meters away from the rest of its body. However, having that much powder packed into a bullet creates an unholy amount of recoil which would lessen the accuracy of my shots by 75%."

Episode 39: "The Path to Wrath" 875

"I don't know Himura...you have more potential...we will work on that because I don't need projectiles this and that to fire this weapon...it’s called skill,” Nyx said coldly.

Trunks whipped out his pistol and jerked it sideways ejecting with magazine with such force that it flew into Nyx's hands. He then proceeded to stand up pissed off and walks over to the window. A target is set outside for when he and Tristan train.  As he opened the window Trunks concentrated his aether into a solid form. He fires 8 shots at the target and as he turns to Nyx he holds up the gun. 3 inches of the barrel had exploded.

"Great you know how to fire a weapon...shall I give you a gold star sticker,” Kas giggled, “Himura...you know how to prematurely ejaculate...good job!"

At that moment Anthi pokes her head in through the door, "Just create a weapon that fires your concentrated aether, with a functionality to change the aspect for various effects. Never run out of ammo and keep the enemy guessing."

And with that, she was gone again.

Yue did his best not to laugh as he tried to bring the topic back to what they needed to discuss but Anthi did not help him in that moment, “I think what we all must do is definitely train with Lucifer...he can give you all the boost you need. I know in our world making a deal with the devil was a sin to some but with his help...you guys can take Haruka out.”

"Are you sure? There is something about him that doesn't sit well with me... Or I might just be... I think the term is "peppery" about how he responded to me wishing to hide my feedings,” Yuriko said nervously.

"Lucifer means well...he holds a lot in...he has regrets about the war in our world...if he wasn't put to sleep...Dorion's family would have been servants to him and we wouldn't be considered royalty,” Yue tried to explain, “Lucifer has his moments of bad influence but that’s the devil in him. He truly is a good man. He is my closest friend.”

T’yago sat close to K’enion as he thought about what Kas said, "You know we could try to visit the temple of Sohr Kai and train with your uncle."

"We could, but if the sisters know how to use my powers better then maybe one of them could come,” K’enion suggested.

"Would Lucifer have any weaponry or armor he would be willing to part with perhaps that could be useful to some of us,” Raven asked.

"My dad can provide you with new weaponry...would you all like to speak to him,” Kas smiled, “I am sure I can find him for you guys…I feel like going out anyway…I need someone to do it.”

As Kas made her grand exit…Lucifer shortly walked into the room looking towards Raven and Eilyne, "Do we have a Goddess among us...tell me who is this beautiful woman here," he smiles.

Episode 39: "The Path to Wrath" 981

Eilyne looked towards the new man who joined the room. Based on the earlier conversation of the green-haired woman this must be her father.

"Ah, what a charmer sir,” Eilyne politely curtsied to Lucifer, "My name is Eilyne Dusk, second in line to the Dusk family."

"Charming," he said bowing to her, "My name is Lucifer Morningstar...former king of our world...the pleasure is mine. Glad to see you join this group here. Should you need anything please reach out to my daughters and I."

"Of....your world?" Her head tilted, clearly confused. She had no clue of anything amongst this group of individuals.

"Ah, thank you though. I appreciate the warm welcome you all have given me despite showing up with no warning.
“Yes young Lady,” Lucifer smiled, “I come from another crystal…we shall explain this to you in time.”

As everyone got to talking to Lucifer, Yukio could sense that there was something wrong with Yue and she decided to take the focus back to him a moment. Before the rest of The Legacy Yukio questioned what was on his mind. This too sparked Lucifer’s interest as he turned his focus to his eldest friend.

“My son Jai...was the second person Haruka ever turned...when I found him and his brother...Jai's transition to vampirism was hard...he was hard to control....and has always been a ruthless fighter...however, I am sure you have noticed he and Delgado have not been around much. The reason is Haruka has been able to enter his mind...time and time again since our battle in Mor Dhona...he is struggling to stay sired to me,” Yue sighed.
"That bodes exceedingly ill for him,” Trunks said worriedly.

"Jai is…Why has he not said anything before,” Yukio asked in shock.

"We noticed it a while back and thought we were in control again but...it's fading...I am hoping that if we can defeat Wrath and take our the primal her magick will slow down and I can gain control of him again,” Yue tried to explain.

"It is the same thing from before, he told me a few times. But, I did not want to speak of it,” K’enion said sadly.

"He told me about what happened in Mor Dhona. I would suspect it was out of fear for what we might do to him if it got out,” Yuriko added.

Episode 39: "The Path to Wrath" 1073

"He is putting the Prince in danger...Delgado was always by his side too...if Zena finds out about this...we may have more people to pay close attention to....among all of you...are there any other red flags out there right now before we suggest more training with you all,” Nyx said a bit annoyed.

Raven decided to interject and turned his focus to Lucifer, "Ser Lucifer I wanted to ask if you would be inclined to help us with weaponry or armor certainly a man of your caliber would have some powerful artifacts."

"Young man...the weapons I could forge for you...I am sure you and I can tap into power together.... perhaps we should have a conversation with you and Sasha to see what best compliments you moving forward…but before we get there we will need to fix Jai as well.”

The room was silent for a moment as they possessed the news about Jai not being well.

"He feels that he is a burden...Leric is so well put together and he...to this day struggles with her,” Yue sighed, “I am sorry I was not more open about this but, I want to give my son his privacy.”

As the group sat amongst each other thinking of a possible plan their linkpearls began to ping.
"Legacy...do you hear me," a familiar Ishgardian voice called.

"Yes.. we hear you,” Yukio responded quickly.

"I am sorry to call suddenly...I am near the Castrum Oriens....I have learned that Haruka may have been here with the children...I am currently tracking them down,” said Lord Commander.

There was a sense of urgency in the air as members gathered around, their attention focused on a single objective: to listen to the message from Aymeric. Each member of The Legacy understood the gravity of the task at hand, knowing that the message from the revered leader could hold the key to finding Shiva’s children.
"Wait, you've found the children…As in…Shiva's kids," Yukio asked eagerly.

As the group received word of this momentous news, Eilyne herself was tired from the travels and wanted to retire for the evening as this was a task she needed to sleep on.

"There is a lovely spare room down the hall...If your brother allows I can take you there,” Lucifer suggested.
Certainly Ser Lucifer,” Raven smiled.

"Please lead the way, sire,” Eilyne smiled.

As Aymeric filled the group in on the details he was learning, the chamber doors swung open again and Shiva was now in the room. The woman stood staring at the rest of the group in fear that the children she was to meet were in danger. As the small child within her wriggled at its mother’s worry Shiva placed her hand on her stomach trying to calm the baby within her.

“Did Aymeric find them,” Shiva asked nervously, “I am coming with you.”

"Damnit...Shiva, I don't think it would be wise for you to go with us,” Yue sighed.

"And leave them in danger?! Please allow me to join from a distance,” Shiva said nervously.

"Miss Shiva, while I understand how you feel, I think it best that you remain here this time around. The children are in a strange time. It would not do to see their mother getting injured,” Yuriko said seriously.

"You are with child. The answer is no. We would risk the baby even using a bit of your powers,” K’enion added.

"K'en and Yuriko are right Shiva if anything was to happen to you or the baby Tuya would obliterate us all,” Raven suggested.

Yue sat and pulled a small Aetheryte stone from his bag, “When we find them…port to me…for now please stay here.”

“Okay,” Shiva said nervously.

As the group prepared for another journey…Shiva held onto the stone…With her hand cradling the gentle curve of her swollen belly, Shiva paced the guild hall, her heart pounding with a mixture of anxiety and anticipation.
Her mind raced with worry as she envisioned her friends setting out on a daring rescue to save her two children, unaware of her condition. The thought of their safety consumed her, yet she found herself torn between the instinct to protect her children and following the direction of staying behind. Despite her fear, she knew she must trust The Legacy with this rescue, even as she grappled with the uncertainty of their fate and the weight of her impending motherhood.

“Please stay safe,” Shiva cried, “And please bring them home safely.”

Episode 39: "The Path to Wrath" 1168

Episode 39: "The Path to Wrath" Faceb134
Shiva_Lunaria
Shiva_Lunaria
Admin

https://lunarislegacyxivrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down