Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 24: Friend or Foe

Go down

Episode 24: Friend or Foe Empty Episode 24: Friend or Foe

Post by Shiva_Lunaria Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:30 pm

Episode 24: Friend or Foe 0018

It was early morning in the Lavender Beds...many of The Legacy members were either sleeping or finding things to do to get their strength back. Members of the Legacy like Jayne were already awake and so were the children. She had to keep them on track and always made sure that even in this chaos that they were happy. She knew in her heart right now that all of this moving around could be scary so whenever they went somewhere else she would treat it like a game and the kids loved it. Whenever she saw that they were anxious she and Zena would do all that they could to calm them down and make them happy. When she had a moment like this with them just sitting reading a book she knew that they were delighted by whatever she read to them.

Episode 24: Friend or Foe 190

Other members like Shiva, found herself relaxing in the hot spring connected to her home. She was taking a moment to relax, to forget about the gods, and just listen to the sounds of the wind and animals that roamed the lavender beds. She was at ease and her body felt relaxed. She let the warm waters wash over her while she found herself leaning against the wood to rest her eyes. She knew that there were just a few sins left and then maybe she and her girlfriend could settle down together and spend their days free from trouble.

Episode 24: Friend or Foe 262

Meanwhile, on the other side of the house, Delgado and his boyfriend, Jai found themselves taking a morning rest. They woke up together at dawn to train as they always do. They liked to stay sharp on their skills and this was the best way to do it. They started their morning off with flying and dodging magick attacks, followed by a fast swim in the rivers of the Lavender Beds, and finished their afternoon with duo combat to see where their weak points were. After a good feed from a deer they had found the two found themselves bathing in the sun, while one of them hid in a tree.

Episode 24: Friend or Foe 360

Rufus himself had been keeping himself busy by training. He had been sitting idle for way too long, and he needed to get a feel for his weapon once more. This was one of the few mornings that Scarlet was with her aunt, and it gave him a chance to do what he did best.  He would summon a scythe of black and red energy and sweep through the air. At first, they are rough and not very useful, but with each swing, he practiced it got smoother and more accurate. From the side of him, Zena watched her fiancé carefully her hands running along her engagement ring he gave her.

"Seeing you train baby is so good,” Zena smiled, “You are like me...anxious to get involved once again."

As Zena watched Rufus train, K'enion huffed, walking into the front yard, having just finished her run, she looked around at everyone present smiling softly. Though slowly she would look down at her arm, eyeing a few black lines running up the arm, she stared at it, arm shaking before grabbing it letting out a small sigh.

Rufus smiled a bit at Zena and shakes his head.

"Scarlet is showing signs of power. Lots of it. And if we're to keep up with her, we need to be on the top of our game," Rufus began.

As Rufus talked to his fiancé he spotted K’enion in distress, "Something wrong there? Most people don't randomly grab their arms like that."

Zena quickly turned around to face her friend, "Kenni Luv are you okay?"

Episode 24: Friend or Foe 462

K'enion looked over frowning slightly, "It's fine just...some black spots."

"Yea, that's not gonna fly with me. I'm a shapeshifter, remember,” Rufus began, “Miqo'te being one of my preferred forms. Tell us what's going on."

"I should have known,” K’enion began nervously, "They showed up shortly after the training, I saw Nidhogg and what he did, it burns.”

Rufus stroked his chin thinking to himself for a moment as he looked at the dots. Rufus took K’enion’s arm and pressed his thumb into it; at the same time, he channeled his own aether into the spot to see how it reacted if at all. K'enion shifted slightly around, facing Rufus more as she looked down watching him work. Flinching a bit, K’enion felt the small dot start to burn, it was hot to her, yet would not be hot to him, she attempted to pull away, as more black lines started to sprout from the dot.

"It burns...like fire,” she cried to Rufus.

With a sigh Rufus released the arm and pulled his aether back, "I was afraid of such... You see it all the time when it comes to my own people interacting with the people of this realm. But not very often that it's from another element. It's a degree of aether corruption. Judging by your reaction, I'd say that it's a fire aspected. Unfortunately, I don't know a way to treat it. And I get the feeling that expelling all of it would only be dangerous to you."

"Is there anything I can do here now to help even if it's corrupt maybe a crystal or something to extract it,” Zena asked.

Rufus decided to take a few moments to think about what to do for K’enion. Meanwhile, at the hot spring, Shiva was joined by Yukio. The two women had no idea what was happening in the distance from them. Yukio let out a small sigh as she closed her eyes, her thoughts trying to ease themselves, but there were many things she couldn't help worrying about. As Shiva climbed out from the water she put up a shield of ice as she redressed herself.

"I know you are worried about Yue...he will be back...I know it...right now he needs to gather his magick back and feed properly,” Shiva explained.

"It's that obvious is it,” Yukio blushed, "Honestly.. it isn't just Yue I'm worried about anymore. Hades too. Even yourself."

Episode 24: Friend or Foe 559

"Only just a little," Shiva chuckled, "Yue…I know is fine...he needed to get away to feed properly once more. He has been neglecting himself a lot. He's put too much on us instead of himself if I am being completely honest. As for Hades and I...I will be fine...Hades well, he needs to find his heart once more...he needs to heal."

"I would get on Yue more to take care of himself if we were able to spend more time together.. I feel like I've hardly seen him much lately. But I realize there are things about him that I cannot help with.. as much as I may try. Hades though, I wish he'd let me in more. I have a feeling he'll be in our lives for a long time, Yukio replied sadly.

"I don't know if he was ever meant for this world you know," Shiva explained, "He has been so "well kept" in Limbo...being here on Hydaelyn may be hard for him. As for Yue...I am surprised you have had him near for so long... even the time when I was recovering from our battle with A'mara so long ago he was cold and would disappear at times for his own reasons...he would only come back if my panic attacks were back. I think for him right now...Yue just needs to heal...trust me...he will be here for you...just give him a moment.

"I know Hades will have to go back to Limbo as soon as possible. I just hope to help prepare him enough for the things he will face alone. Thank you for saying so, I know Yue has been in your life a lot longer than mine, but, he means the world to me.... I only hope I can make him happy. I really enjoy talking to you, Shiva. I pray we do it more often,” Yukio smiled.

"I agree...it feels good to finally feel safe and happy...I am no longer weighed down by feeling trapped...I feel happy with our family...I am in a relationship with the woman I love...everything is just falling right into place,” Shiva smiled back.

As the two women spoke they could see Raven return from his morning run and his eyes seemed to be focused on the side of the house. Shiva began to look as well to see what was going on.

“Rufus, his energy is off,” Shiva explained to Yukio, “Let’s see what’s going on.”

Raven walked over and began to observe the group, "Early bird catches the worm or so they say how is everyone doing on this fine morning!"

Zena walked over and greeted Raven, “Hello Ser Dusk…it is good to see you. Right now we’re helping K’enion with some aether issues.”

Rufus began to finally think clearer, “Umbral aether. I have limited experience with fire corruption. Though now I wonder.

Rufus began to pace again as he closed his eyes to think, "Zena, try waking up Delgado. Time to put his ice aether to work."

Episode 24: Friend or Foe 660

Zena walked along side of the house to find Jai passed out under the tree while her brother clung to a branch. She carefully reached over and began to shake him a bit. He groaned at first and then peeked his eye open at her.

“What Zee,” he groaned, “I didn't do it.”

“Did I say you did something no,” she sighed, "Del...wake up Rufus needs you a moment."

"Is it beating me up for something again, I swear Scarlet didn’t learn that word from me,” Delgado said half awake.
“What did you teach my daughter,” Zena said eyeing her brother before shaking her head, “Look, whatever it was I am sure its something she was eventually going to here but, Rufus needs you for some magick-based stuff so please…don’t be difficult and help us out.”

As Zena and Delgado came back, Shiva and Yukio came over to see what was going on. Rufus looked over at the girls as if a thought sparked into his head.

"Actually, you very well could come in handy. You and Shiva both if Del can't muster enough energy,” Rufus said looking over at the women.

"What would you need of me,” Yukio asked.

“I'm going to need you to channel as much ice aether into K'enion's arm here via that black spot. While also siphoning as much of the corruption as you can into a crystal,” Rufus explained.

"Are we sure about this? If it’s the fire I am currently thinking about then...we don't know what could happen,” K’enion asked nervously.

"What's the worst that can happen we torch Shiva's house and she has to move to Ishgard,” Delgado joked.

Shiva eyed Delgado harshly.

"I was kidding jeez Lady Popsicle ever heard of the word chilllll,” Delgado smirked.
“Delgado Focus,” Rufus began, "Fire is fundamentally weak to ice. So, if there ARE any adverse effects, it'll be smaller and more easily contained. And by siphoning it into a crystal, we can study the aether more closely to find out exactly what's happening."

Yukio took the crystal that was offered into her right hand while looking at K'enion with a smile. Closing her eyes, she inhaled and focused her aether, pressing down on K'en's arm while channeling the corrupted aether into the crystal. When her exhalation was complete, it was done. Shiva and Delgado began to focus their energy too as best as they could. As Rufus and the others did what they could Zena could see Raven watching in fascination.

Episode 24: Friend or Foe 758

"This has to be a lot to take in huh,” Zena asked Raven.

"Hmm, it is but it sure is a new experience one that I'm enjoying,” Raven smiled.

"I didn't want to believe it all at first...in fact, I was like my brother willing to risk it all and die for the cause with no hesitation...then I met Rufus and well...things changed a lot,” She explained.

"This group sure does like to define the laws of reality. Sometimes I do have to pinch myself. It does feel like a fever dream but the good company I've made the way is well worth me struggling to understand it all. I only hope I'm not a burden,” he said nervously.

“Never a burden,” Zena smiled at Raven, “You are family now.”

Episode 24: Friend or Foe 856

As Rufus began to focus, he felt enough of the aether inside of the crystal, he held up his hand, "Okay, that's enough. It's expanding still, so I'll need to examine the aether itself. And you, missy, try not to use aether for a while. Okay? We don't know what will happen."

Still tired from earlier Delgado looked to Rufus, “Wow man *phew* That was well more of a workout than my workout...mind if I go now?"

"Go for it. I appreciate the help with that. Being fire aspected myself... I'm sure you could see how that wouldn't be ideal,” Rufus smiled.

The Legacy decided to enjoy the cool weather outside and sit and chat with each other, they found their way over to the trees where Leric and Dorion sat together. Dorion was resting in the grass as his husband kept his hand nearby checking on him every so often. Dorion had been staying up and using his magick a lot to help stabilize Jayne and her new abilities; although to the others she seemed calm and collected there was a lot that Dorion was doing behind the scenes.  The group asked if it was okay with Leric for them to sit and chat with him; Leric let them know that Dorion would be fine with them chatting even though he was resting.

Episode 24: Friend or Foe 961

"I don't believe we've talked in length about it before but, what is it like being a voidsent,” Yukio asked Rufus.

"I mean... What's it like being a Viera? It's all that I've ever known, so I can't really describe it,” Rufus admitted.

"I suppose you're right,” Yukio giggled.

The group discussed a few things about magick and about themselves before Dorion finally woke up. The group greeted him and asked him about how he was feeling.

“For the most part I am good. Between my children and Zena’s daughter…it’s a lot of observation to make sure they are developing properly and being able to survive. They are the first of three children mixed with races of this world,” Dorion explained, “Scarlet gets closer to her first birthday everyday and the twins are not too far along so walking and talking has become a new thing.”

“Thank the Twelve Anthi has started to babysit though. Being from the future she knows about what some of the bigger events are and can stop them before they happen,” Rufus sad calmly as he pulled Zena into his arms.

"She truly has become such a light for the littles,” Zena smiled as she snuggled into Rufus’ arms, “The minute she walks into the room you see them light up."

Yukio laughed, "I've.. never really been good with children."

Episode 24: Friend or Foe 1056

"Tristan is me all over again," Dorion laughed.

"I would say it’s kind of crazy how it all happened...but I guess I am proud to be a dad but, I never thought I’d be one,” Leric admitted.

"They all seem like good kids; although they still make me anxious to be around. I can't imagine the feeling personally, but you seem happy,” Yukio smiled.

"I guess you can say you've started a new legacy,” Raven asked Dorion.

"Yeah, they will definitely be a second generation and who knows who else will join us in time...or who else will have children of their own...it is up to fate to decide that,” Dorion smiled.

"If there is one thing, I am confident to say...Yue even though we aren't his blood...he showed me what it is like to be a protector and to raise a family...he may not have had children in his mortal life...but he did a damn good job with us,” Leric added.

"I'm sure he is very proud to call you his sons.. blood or not. You turned into fine gentlemen, despite the few rough patches I'm sure that happened,” Yukio smiled.

"I always wanted children...I wanted to give my children the life my father could not. I want to be present in their lives and I want to do everything I can to make sure they are in a loving home," Dorion smiled.

Rufus looked over to Dorion and grinned, "From what I understand, I would've preferred to have your life. Being royal is one thing and all, but my father was killed when I was little, and my mother didn't want anything to do with me until I proved I was powerful enough...and now I can't get rid of her when I show her Scarlet."

As the group talked to the smaller Legacy members, Shiva's eyes began to wander, and the topic of children made her a bit uncomfortable. Zena could sense that Shiva was bothered but tried to not make it obvious that she could feel her aura getting cold.

"I think I am going to head inside for a bit...I will be back later...I am going to help Jayne...the babies need to go eat,” Shiva said as she watched Jayne and the babies begin to head inside.

"I should maybe going in too for a little bit,” Zena said looking to Rufus.

Rufus nodded as Zena went ahead with Jayne and the others. As the group watched Shiva head inside, they couldn’t help but notice the expression on her face. The first to notice was Yukio and she quickly turned to the group worried.

Episode 24: Friend or Foe 1152

"Did I say something wrong? She seemed bothered by the conversation,” Yukio asked nervously.

"Shiva's always wanted kids. And now...That's not really possible for her thanks to her girlfriend,” Rufus explained.
"I see…I didn't know,” Yukio said nervously.

"It happened when A'mara was our enemy, so I'd be worried if you DID know,” Rufus said.
"It's more than that actually,” Leric sighed, “ But…I've said too much...this is not my place to tell her story...She'd be more upset with me if I spoke out of terms like this."

"That far back,” Yukio asked, "I apologize for prying, it really isn't my business anyway."

Dorion shrugged his shoulders, “Only Leric, Yue, and I know about what happened…but like we said we can’t go into it. We were the only ones who ever knew…not Tuya or anyone else…but if you ever want to talk about it with her just know…it’s not an easy topic for her.”

Rufus decided to go in and help Zena with the little ones as well as he excused himself to the house. As the group continued to relax under the Wisteria tree a force leapt down from the roof to join them. Leric sighed as his brother landed on the group near them.

"Sup Fuckers! How's everyone doing,” Jai smirked feeling better from his rest.

"Good morning, Jai, I am well. And yourself,” Raven asked.

As Jai began to open his mouth to speak, he quickly shut it and began to look around defensively. Not even a moment later, Leric began to do the same. Dorion slowly got up, looking straight ahead trying to get a feel for what was happening. Not too far from Shiva’s home, a woman began to take slow, measured steps, following a scent for as long as she could remember. She knew the scent of her mistress better than anyone, and that's what she was tracking. As her foot hit the gravel on Shiva’s lawn, not a sound could be heard from her. Although she was quiet, she expelled her energy to get the attention of the two she was most like; Leric and Jai.

Dorion instantly caught on to the energy of his Husband and his brother and quickly ran to Shiva’s front door. K'enion looks around a moment turning to follow Jai as she reached her hand out, suddenly her weapon appeared in her hand, causing her arm to suddenly burn hot, she groaned in pain but still quickly leaped over behind the newcomer, pointing her blade at the back of them. Delgado sensing the danger came running over to see his boyfriend staring at the woman before him angry.

"Shiva lock the door now!" Dorion demanded.

Jai bared his teeth at the woman, "State your business...that scent on you...we know it far too well."

Episode 24: Friend or Foe 12168

The woman remained silent as she reached for the hilt of her blade. She paid K'enion no mind for now and instead pulled the weapon from the scabbard.

"I have come to rid the world of evil. And to remove the constant thorn in my Mistress's side,” she stated.

"Your mistress is the reason we're all in this fucked up mess,” Dorion yelled back.

Leric placed his hand before Dorion causing Dorion to look confused at Leric.

"She seems young," Leric whispered as turned his attention back to the female, "We don't wish to kill you but...know this...the woman you serve is not who you think she is."

"Do not dare speak of her! I will not suffer traitors to speak ill of Mistress Haruka,” the young woman exclaimed.

It was clear that the young woman would no longer listen; it seemed she needed to have some sense beaten into her. Jai knew the kind of control Haruka had...he was once as close as this girl was.

"A duel...let's see if you can handle us in battle...and we will show you who is the better fighter here," Jai smirked.

Episode 24: Friend or Foe 1354

Dorion began to head towards the woman with his staff and tried to sling her toward the trees. Easily striking back the woman grabbed the staff and tossed Dorion to the side with a smirk. Yukio glared at the woman, pulling back her bow and firing 2 ice arrows quickly. One scratched the woman's cheek while the other sunk into the woman's shoulder. The young woman stared at the arrow lodged in her shoulder with disgust. Following Yukio, K'enion shifted herself around a bit she started to move towards them, tripping up a bit as her arm started to burn much hotter for her, the use of her weapon was much more taxing than she thought. The young woman could see K’enion’s struggle and took it as an opening and exploited it in any way that she can. She grabbed her weapon, jumped up, and slashed along K'enion's back before throwing the woman back into line. Raven nervously watched for a moment as he tried to get the ammo in his new weapon but, for now, the young lady paid him no mind.

Jai knew what she was going through; he remembered how Haruka changed them but left them alone so young. It took years for Yue to get them healed from her control; hell, even now he was still struggling. Jai shot an arrow towards her as he got close to her.

"I was like you," he shouted, "A pawn in her big scheme!"

The young woman glared at Jai as she wiped the blood from her cheek, "I am no pawn!"

Seeing how mad the young woman was Leric tried to help Jai. Leric jumped forward to pushing her back into the fence with his rapier.

"We speak the truth," he said eyeing her, "We were the second two she ever turned. She's dangerous!"

“You're wrong! She's looking to heal this world,” the girl shouted back.

Seeing the danger that Leric and Jai were in Delgado began to get concerned. Delgado looked at Jai he was worried...this girl was a risk to him and his boyfriend. Acting out of fear of who she may be, Delgado tackled her to the ground.

"You need to listen to them NOW,” Delgado exclaimed.

The instant that Delgado got her, she growled angrily at him as she took a step and vanished from sight before appearing behind Delgado. She doesn't give him time to react and instead held him by the throat and bites down on his neck. Delgado dropped to his knees feeling Haruka's poison in him.

"Fuck...she's got the bitches powers," Delgado called out in pain.

A sense of rage came over Dorion seeing the blood escaping his brother’s neck was intense for him. For the moment Delgado wasn’t hurt too bad as the blade only touched his shoulder a bit but if she tried something else, he was sure to step in.  Yukio continued to glare at the woman, pulling back another ice arrow and letting that one sink into the same spot on the woman's shoulder that her previous one did, drawing blood again in that area.

"Over here,” she muttered.

Episode 24: Friend or Foe 1447

K'enion was still reeling from the slash across her back, again attempting to charge in, yet as before the pain from her arm only made her slower, as she attempted to leap to the side using the angle to charge forward, but she was slow, the dot on her arm only growing in size. Seeing K’enion’s condition, the woman grabbed the spot on K'enion's arm through the charge and shifted her own weight. At that instant K'enion found her world flipped around before realizing she was back where she was; only this time she was on her back. Seeing his ex in pain Jai tried to do what he could to help.

"You gotta believe me, kid,” Jai said trying to create a distraction.

“All I believe is that very few of you are actually worth any effort,” she laughed back.

“Listen to us! You need to knock it off,” Delgado said trying to keep her away from his boyfriend, “We’ve seen what she is truly capable of.”

Once again she remained silent as Delgado charged at her; instead, she stepped in place, parried his blade to the side, stepped around him, and slashed across his back to let the blood, or what blood remains, spray out.

Episode 24: Friend or Foe 1546

As soon as that blade struck his back, the woman began to zip around the field taking more and more Legacy members out one by one. Yukio, Leric, and K’enion began to take hits from her left and right…leaving K’enion and Yukio on the ground unconscious. As Jai tried to heal his boyfriend, the fury in Dorion was growing strong as he shot across the ground lunging toward the young woman. Lightning emerged from his weapon and shook the woman as Dorion grabbed her by the neck pinning her against it.

“Give me one fucking reason why I shouldn’t kill you right now,” Dorion growled.

Leric rushed over trying to force Dorion off of the girl and Jai continued to heal Delgado by transferring blood onto his wound. Delgado began to breathe heavily as he looked at Jai.

“I have to help Dorion,” Delgado said nervously, “He’s gonna kill her look how hard he’s holding her neck.

Jai continued to heal Delgado as he turned to Raven and began to devise a plan.

“Use your weapon’s new bullets,” Jai called out.

Raven's hands trembled slightly as he carefully loaded the magick bullets into the chambers of his gunblade. Each bullet contained a potent enchantment, capable of harnessing the power that Hades gave him. He knew that helping Dorion would test his skills and concentration like never before. Jai grabbed his bow and enchanted the bow with a spell as he turned to Raven.

“Let's stun her right now," Jai called out to Raven, "We can do this together!"

Raven nodded, understanding Jai's plan. With a determined look, he readied his gunblade, focusing their energy to infuse the magick bullets with an electric charge. The gunblade crackled with power as they stepped forward, standing side by side with Jai. Jai aimed his enchanted bow at their target, while Raven took aim with their gunblade. The two friends locked eyes for a brief moment, silently communicating their readiness and trust in each other.

"Stun her!" Jai exclaimed.

Episode 24: Friend or Foe 1732

Simultaneously, they unleashed their attacks. Jai released an arrow from his bow, imbued with a paralyzing spell, while Raven pulled the trigger, sending a magick bullet crackling with electrical energy toward their opponent. The arrow soared through the air, guided by Jai's precision, while the magick bullet shot forward with incredible speed. The combined forces of their enchanted weapons created a dazzling display of magick.

With the woman too stunned to move Delgado was finally healed as he headed towards Dorion to help finish off the young woman. Dorion and Delgado stood side by side, their eyes glowing with an otherworldly intensity.  Dorion raised his hands, feeling the energy pulsating within him. Delgado mirrored his brother's movements, focusing his concentration on the task at hand. A swirling vortex of lightning and ice formed between the brothers. It crackled and sparked as bits of ice danced in the magick blast they sent toward the woman.

Episode 24: Friend or Foe 1821

With a final surge of will, Dorion and Delgado directed the concentrated magick toward her. The energy blasted forth, striking her with a force that sent her reeling backward. Yuriko let out a cry of surprise and pain as the magick took hold, momentarily stunning her. With her on the ground, Dorion quickly bonded her hands together.

With her hands now bound Dorion noticed that the front door unlocked. Stretching as if she had just woken up A’mara began to look towards the group. As A’mara walked forward her gaze fixed upon the young vampire. A'mara's smile reveals a mix of amusement and something darker than the group had seen her do before.

"Such a weak little vampire," A'mara chuckles.

Her voice was suddenly carrying an otherworldly quality. Her words hung in the air, laced with an unsettling power. The young woman looked up, meeting A'mara's gaze with a mixture of fear and defiance. It was unclear what A'mara's intentions are or why she found amusement in the woman’s weakness. Perhaps she saw potential in Yuriko or was curious of what she would become. Only time would reveal the true nature of where A’mara’s head was at.

“Bring her inside,” A’mara demanded, “I want to talk to her.”

Episode 24: Friend or Foe 1924

Episode 24: Friend or Foe Faceb110
Shiva_Lunaria
Shiva_Lunaria
Admin

https://lunarislegacyxivrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down