Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal

Go down

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal Empty Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal

Post by Shiva_Lunaria Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:56 pm

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 00012

It was a quiet day in Fairytail...a quiet day.... a few days since the wedding of Yue and Yukio...while the two were on their Honeymoon...the house was calm...and quiet...Anthi was behind the bar, currently making herself public enemy number one to the pizza left over from the wedding. She wasn’t sure why, but with the pizza being cold it actually tasted better to her, as a result of her ears wiggling and full of joy.
The air was filled with the rustling of leaves and the distant sounds of nature as Scarlet, Tristan, and Isabella settled comfortably in the treehouse. Isabella found herself reading a book she liked while her brother lay next to her resting. Scarlet on the other hand was playing with a small purple orb given to her by Yuriko during Starlight. The wooden structure swayed slightly with the gentle breeze, creating a soothing rhythm.

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 1105
Meanwhile, T'yago, immersed in his research, sat alone on the deck below. The soft hum came from his lips and the occasional scribbling of notes were the only sounds accompanying him. His focus was unwavering as he would break away for a moment just to take a sip from his coffee. As T’yago was deep into his research two friends would come outside to check on the children, Trunks, and K’enion.
"So, how goes your research T'yago,” Trunks asked.
T’yago looked up from his notebook to see K’enion and Trunks arrive so he decided to speak, "Hey guys...the children were up early, and they needed someone to come outside with, so I decided to keep an eye on them. The Castellano Family, Lucifer, and his daughters, went to meet with The Eorzean Alliance about some information and Shiva and Zena are still resting...So I thought it would best to keep them busy."

"Hi Auntie Kenni and Uncle Trunksy,” Scarlet said from the tree above.

"There are my favorite kits. Up early were we,” K’enion said to them.

"Yes,” Isabella said holding a book, "I have a book called ' The Allagans and the Happy Juice...it seems like a made-up story that maybe Anthi put magick on so I can't read the harder books."
"I am learning more about Void Magick...this is my new orby. I named it ‘Aster’ for now because it makes funny sounds and is purple," Scarlet said to K’enion.

"I do hope everyone is staying out of trouble,” Raven winked to the kids as he too stepped outside.

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 278

"I didn't do it," Tristan said rolling over in his sleep.

Anthi was amid her stuffed bliss when she realized she was all alone. She looked around for several seconds before walking outside, she noticed what book Izzy was reading and grinned.

"I dare you to break the enchantment I have in that book. And no, Scarlet cannot help,” Anthi smirked.

"NO FAIR,” Isabella said sticking her tongue out playfully to Anthi.

As everyone sat around speaking, Scarlet sensed was suddenly heightened as she detected a presence of dark magick lingering in the air. As the others continued their conversations, she discreetly tuned into the subtle vibrations of energy near her.  While trying to observe the source of the dark magick, Scarlet's attention was drawn to a sudden thud in the ground nearby. Intrigued and cautious, she climbed out of the tree house and walked along the little flower bridge to look at what caused the sound. As Scarlet approached the spot where the disturbance occurred, to her surprise, she discovered a journal partially buried in the soil, as if it had been thrusted into the ground with some force.

The cover of the journal was weathered, and the pages seemed to whisper secrets of ancient knowledge. The book felt dark, and she was a little afraid of it and she felt that calling out for the adults was the best thing to do.

“Hey,” Scarlet shouted, "There's something in the ground!"

From the treehouse, Tristan rolled over and Isabella looked at Scarlet...the two seemed to have a communication of their own and Izzy began to bring Tristan inside with her.  T'yago looked at the book carefully as he decided to see what Scarlet was referring to.

"Does anyone feel that magick,” he said cautiously to the others.

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 376

Anthi felt the fur on her tail bristle as she looked over to Scarlet, "Scar... Just how much aether did you put into that thing?"

"It's not mine," she said sadly, “I just 'sensed' it."

"It has a rather strong flow coming from it. Only a few people among us can do that,” K’enion observed.

"It feels like static in the air is I’m not mistaken then again I'm terrible with magick,” Raven admitted.

Anthi stared at Scarlet for a few seconds before nodding. She walks up to the child and places a hand on her head.

"I believe you. Now, it might be a good idea to go inside and get your mom,” Anthi suggested, “Stay inside for now."

“Okay, please be careful,” Scarlet said nervously as she went inside.

As the adults observed the book, they couldn’t help but wonder what dark forces were behind it. As they observed the book a page suddenly appeared before them.

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 1106

"Well,” K’enion said nervously reading the page.

"Hmm...Wait. What happens if we don't play the game,” Anthi asked.

"I don't want to find out,” Trunks said sincerely to the others, "We've already unearthed this thing...the pin on the grenade has already been pulled."

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 479

"I know this sounds super risky...but what if we put the location in danger. What if we fail to prick our fingers...we could get the children, Shiva, and Zena in danger,” T’yago added.

K'enion nodded as she held her hand out, "Prick me too then."

"I don't like this one bit... Nothing good every comes from pacts signed in blood,” Anthi sighed.

A collective understanding passed between them as they each took a tool and as they simultaneously pricked their fingers, allowing droplets of blood to fall onto the book's surface. The book resonated with a low hum, and the symbols on the book began to glow, absorbing the life essence offered by the five companions. Another riddle appeared on the page for them to figure out.

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 279

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 576
The garden fell into a hushed silence as the group exchanged puzzled glances. It was then that Raven, raised an eyebrow, his eyes sparkling with newfound realization.

"It's the Central Shroud in Gridania," he muttered.

Anthi, T'yago, K'enion, and Trunks turned their attention to Raven, their expressions a mix of curiosity and expectation.

"The riddle, it's pointing us to the heart of the forest, where the shadows weave through the trees and secrets are whispered by the leaves,” Raven explained.

T'yago nodded in agreement, "The Central Shroud... it makes sense. Our journey lies ahead in the heart of the woods.  A riddle to guide us to the heart of mystery; How fitting."

The group began to gather their belongings, their eyes reflecting determination.

As Raven, T'yago, K'enion, Anthi, and Trunks left the Thanalans, they found solace in the change of scenery. The journey to the forests wasn't as lengthy as expected, and the transition from the sun-scorched lands to the lush greenery of the woods felt almost surreal. As they stepped into the shade of the forest, the dappled sunlight filtering through the thick canopy above created a dance of light and shadow on the forest floor. The air hummed with the sounds of unseen creatures, and a gentle breeze carried whispers through the leaves.

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 677

"Well, that was quicker than I expected. I guess the desert wanted to get rid of us in a hurry,” Trunks laughed.

“I agree,” T’yago smiled holding onto his backpack, "Let's stay focused. The Central Shroud is vast, and we have a riddle to unravel."

As they made their way to a clearing, the book began to light up again with yet another riddle.

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 377

“It’s a rainbow,” Trunks said looking at the book.

"I think they are a little fun to be honest,” K’enion giggled.

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 480

The group carefully looked for a rainbow in the sky; maybe it would lead them to their next clue. Upon the hill the Legacy could see a rainbow near a waterfall reflecting in its view. It seemed like the right way to go so they followed the path up. Even though they were trying to be cautious they couldn’t help but take in the vibrant colors of the rainbow dancing in the mist of the waterfall created but, the ominous feeling of the riddles lingered with them. As they approached the waterfall, the roar of cascading water drowned out other sounds, making it difficult to discern any potential threats. The group gathered near the edge, peering through the mist to catch a glimpse of what laid beyond. The rainbow seemed to stretch across the entire waterfall, creating a breathtaking sight that momentarily distracted them from their unease.

As T’yago tried to get a sense of what they were looking for the book began to light up again and another page appeared. The group carefully crouched down to read it together.

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 678

“It’s fire,” T’yago said as he looked around for the next clue.

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 977

As the group looked around a call from Fairytail came in.

“Hello...Is anyone there its Shiva...where did you all go,” she said a bit sleepy.

“We found something extraordinary in the ground at Fairytail. Some book enchanted to the core...could be cursed but either way unearthing it set some things in motion...We are in the Central Shroud trying to decipher some sort of riddle from the book."

"That makes sense, I woke up to singing and dancing from Zena and the kids I- "

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 872

As Shiva tried to speak, they could hear her laugh.

"I can't stay mad at them even as sick as I feel."

"Wait... You woke up singing and dancing? You didn't wake up and do it,” Anthi asked.

"No...my head was killing me this morning, I thought making tea would help but, just be safe out there okay,” Shiva said weakly.

"Will do,” Anthi said kindly.

Anthi cut her connection before tuning her linkpearl to another frequency. After a few seconds she has a very serious tone to her voice.

"Tuya. Fairytail. Now."

That's all that was needed.

“...suddenly I feel like we are being pranked, led to a trap, or Persephone is haunting us from the grave,” Trunks said nervously as they looked around.

"Wasn't that Hades' Wife,” T’yago asked.

"While it seems like something she would do. I don’t think so honestly,” K’enion said looking along with T’yago.
As T’yago climbed a spot on the waterfall he found a shimmering fire crystal and as he touched it the book began to turn pages again; another riddle appeared.

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 679

"Uh... That one's easy. A river. ...Am I twelve again,” Anthi sighed reading it.

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 774

As the group approached the riverbank, there was a strange sense of dark magick lingering in the air. The once-clear waters seemed to darken, its surface taking on a crimson hue instantly making them worry but as fast as they saw it, it faded from their visions.

In the distance, they could smell a bit of something burning and they noticed a cabin not too far from where they stood, the chimney seemed too smokey to be normal, so they decided to investigate. Upon entering the cabin, the group saw a final sheet of puzzled letters and a word series to create a sentence. For the longest time, their brains had hurt before Raven read out the code.

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 12181
Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 1069
Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 577
Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal Solve_10

“Thank you for opening the door,” he said out loud.

As Raven read the words out loud a series of sounds came from their linkpearls.

"D..Dorion...Sh..Shiva," Trunks said nervously pressing on his linkpearl, “We fucked up.”

“Hey man what’s going on, we just got out of The Eorzean Alliance Meeting...talks with the leaders went well...what do you mean?"

"Shiva get the kids and get everyone down to my room and for the love of gods lock it down tight every single one I'm serious don't ask questions just go,” Trunks said nervously.

"Trunks...We are in the house...We're all good. The kids are having a snack...are you guys okay?"

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 978

"We're fine...but we just opened a door for something...we don't know where but something feels very wrong. We may have just opened the door for another calamity."

Static suddenly filled the linkpearl once more this time the group heard Jayne’s voice.

"Dorion, where did you go...did you walk a different Direction?" –

As the setting got dark the book began to burn and one page laid among the rubble

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 1458
The Legacy was frozen in place unable to move...as if they were glued to the ground...the drops of crimson were now red veins binding them to the floor...There was a familiar sense of feeling coming over them.

"HELP!" a voice called out, "I just saw a shadow...it took Jayne and Dorion!"

Leric sounded panicked, "I don't know where they have gone something isn't right."

A strained female voice entered the linkpearl.

"I tried...I couldn't...Shiva...is....gone..."

There was silence for about 15 minutes before a sniffling sound entered the call.

"H...help..please...I’m scared..."

As the group tried to move a child's cry was heard in the linkpearl, a cry of fear. Raven knew they were trapped, and he had to use the gunblade Hades made for him to break the enchantment.

"This gunblade has served me please don't fail me now for the love of Halone,” Raven said.

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 1070

As the sword in Raven's hand began to light up, a brilliant and ethereal glow emanated from its blade. The once-entwining vines that had ensnared the remaining members of the legacy began to wither and melt away as if touched by a force of pure light.

The legacy members, now freed from the grasp of the mystical vines, looked at Raven in awe and gratitude. The sword's radiant energy seemed to purge the dark enchantment that had bound them, restoring their strength and vitality. The air around them crackled with residual magic as the oppressive influence lifted, allowing them to regain control of their own actions.

"We need to go to Fairytail now," T'yago yelled.

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 1165

As The Legacy got back to Fairytail, the air inside the dark guildhall was thick with tension and foreboding. The flickering torches on the walls cast long, dancing shadows that seemed to play tricks on the eye. The older members of the group exchanged uneasy glances, realizing that they had walked into a situation far more ominous than they had anticipated. Tristan, Isabella, and Scarlet, the youngest members of the group, huddled together, their eyes wide with fear. Tristan, the brave-hearted one, tried to conceal his anxiety with a stern expression, but his trembling hands betrayed him. Isabella clutched onto the frayed hem of her cloak, her eyes darting nervously around the dimly lit hall. Scarlet, usually full of fiery spirit, was visibly shaken, her tears glistening in the torchlight.

"There was a tall man...a really tall man...he came in and…”

As Tristan tried to speak Scarlet began to cry more. Anthi saw the kids and instantly went into Momma Mode cradling them instantly.
“Are you three safe? Where are the others,” Anthi tried to ask.

"He had horns...like Tuya...but a boy,” Isabella said nervously.

As Anthi was close to them she could see and feel that Scarlet’s dress was covered in blood. It was almost instantly Anthi dashed around the house but as she got down to the infirmary she could smell blood coming from one of the rooms.

Lying on the ground, Zena’s once vibrant spirit seemed to fade as her body bore the weight of a critical injury. The metallic hint of blood lingered in the air her pink hair, was matted, stained crimson… her skin hinted at the severity of the situation, and her normally fierce, magenta eyes were now dim, reflecting the toll of the life-threatening wound she sustained. Despite the ominous stillness that surrounded her, a faint glimmer of life clung to Zena. Each ragged breath was a testament to her tenacious will to survive. The ground beneath her was marked with a pool of crimson, a stark reminder of the battle she waged within herself.

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 12182

"I know..." Scarlet whispered as Anthi walked into the room, "Mommy is hurt...she said not to move her...Daddy isn't here...no one here...everyone says frozen."

Above Zena's neck, there was a slash from her neck to a little below her chest...she was weak...alive...but barely there...She looked to those who tried to aid her.
"I...tried my best...it was too much for me alone...I haven't been...training,” Zena tried to explain.

The more she spoke the more the blood fell and Anthi turned to K’enion and pointed to the children.

"Take them,” she said sternly.

Anthi pulled out a small knife and slashed her own wrist before placing the wound against Zena's lips. Zena tried to move her head but the pain was too much; she was too weak the blood fell in slowly.

"Take your time, Zena. Don't strain yourself. Let it flow naturally,” Anthi said nervously.

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal 1365

"Blood Magick...the seal on the door broke...and...Azazel came in."

Zena was beginning to look a little more herself, but she was so weak, "It was almost instant...before I could respond...Jayne and Dorion got here as fast as they could but...then...Azazel overpowered them...he took them and Shiva tried to use her magick but then Azazel didn't attack her he just took her and they were gone."

"Wait wait wait... I thought Rufus ate his soul. How was he able to come back,”
"The Blood magick its...its."  

Zena's eyes suddenly went wide before anyone could react Zena's body turned into a gush of blood pouring onto Anthi.

"With Blood Magick anything can be an illusion...see you soon Legacy," Azazel laughed darkly.

Episode 37: The Esoteric Journal Faceb131
Shiva_Lunaria
Shiva_Lunaria
Admin

https://lunarislegacyxivrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down