Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 3.5: Another Warrior

Go down

Episode 3.5: Another Warrior Empty Episode 3.5: Another Warrior

Post by Shiva_Lunaria Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:34 pm

Episode 3.5: Another Warrior Side1110

Yue was in the infirmary taking care of Shiva. Saint took a number on Shiva's vocal cords again causing damage to her once more. Yue was tired from the Vieras and the arguing. For now, he sat by Shiva trying to collect all his thoughts from earlier. Outside of the infirmary, Yukio down gliding her fingers over the pages of another book, absorbing as much knowledge from this world as she could. Her attire was different from the ones she wore previously, for she had to wash them since she hadn't had the chance to for a while. Picking up extras Fairytail had around, although feeling uncomfortable with how much exposed skin was shown from them. She sighed lightly and tried not to think of it too much. Yukio put the book she was reading down gently. From what she remembered; Shiva's throat was torn up again from Saint pushing her to speak. She slowly stood, thinking to herself that she would go check on her for a moment, or maybe offer assistance in some way. Quietly she walked over to the entrance of Shiva's room, her hands slightly held out in front of her so as not to bump into anything and opened the door slowly so as not to wake Shiva if she were asleep. She didn't sense Yue at first for she wasn't using the echo to see around her at this time.

Episode 3.5: Another Warrior Side110

With each breath Shiva took in her sleep, Yue could hear the wind slowly passing through her lungs and out from her nose. The breath passing through her throat whistled and sounded as if the muscles within in were still being scratched. Small sounds of discomfort would escape her as he watched her eyes dance in her sleep. He could see she was having another troubling nightmare. Crouching down on the floor he place his hand on her chest trying to use his magick to calm her but he could sense the turmoil within her. He didn’t know what else to do to calm the young female but, he began to question should he result to compelling her to forget it all? Yue found himself leaning back onto the desk when he could sense that there was another person outside of the infirmary. He was use to the members of The Legacy running around or use to hearing their footsteps but this was of someone he didn't know too well just yet so for the moment he just listened. Yue looked to see the infirmary door open. He could see Yukio standing there nervously and he knew she probably wouldn't step forward until he spoke-

"Good Afternoon, Lady Winter...is something wrong,” Yue asked.

Yukio placed her hand against the doorway, steadying herself as she heard a familiar voice. Her covered gaze in his direction, she spoke softly, "And to you, Master Akane. I wanted to see if I could offer some help, if there is any you need."
Yue was impressed with Yukio's willingness to help so soon. He was used to people coming to Fairytail to use it for its resources but, Yukio was different. Yue walked over to the medicine cabinet to see what he needed.

"I was debating travel but, if Shiva is to join the others...I will need to make her new medication," he explained.

Yue looked through the cabinet and began to look at the medicines they had and what he needed to restock. Yukio’s fingers glided along the list, using her fingers to trace out the words he wrote. Yukio took a small step forward, holding her right arm with her left.

"You speak of the medicine which materials lie in Corethas, do you not?" She asked while her expression didn't waver.

She knew all about medicine and healing because her guardian told her she needed to learn, and not to depend on her magic for everything.

Her voice came out a little strained, yet still crystal clear, "I may not know much of you all, but I have many questions for her. I would like to see her well. Corethas is my homeland, and I had been meaning to make a visit. I could help you gather what you need."

Episode 3.5: Another Warrior Side210

Yue thought for a moment and thought having someone from the lands he didn’t often travel to would be a great idea.

“That would be most helpful, if you are willing to travel out there...then I shall take us there. She will be unconscious for a few hours. I would suppose we both need to dress a bit more appropriate for the area although the cold airs there are quite relaxing,” Yue explained looking at his eastern garb.

"You needn't concern yourself to accompany me," she looked back towards where Shiva lies asleep, "Unless you are trying to find a reason to excuse yourself from the duty of caretaker for a brief moment,” Yukio chuckled a bit.
Yue raised and eyebrow staring at the young woman; she was intriguing to him. Judging by the way she spoke and stood…Yue could sense that she had been through a lot in his life. He knew even for his age no matter how dark the night was…people overcome. Yukio seemed to be one of those people to him. The fact that in just a short period of time, she had enough in herself to be comfortable and crack a joke to him. Yukio nodded as she heard his footsteps fade, walking over to where Shiva lay and putting her hand out on Shiva's shoulder for a moment, offering her a small gesture of comfort.

"Sleep well.." she whispered before leaving the infirmary.

When Yue stepped into his room Leric stood there for a moment leaning against the door. He watched as Leric’s eyes glowed as he stared down the hall. Yue knew Leric was using his magick to watch Yukio walk up the stairs and wait for Yue. Once he knew she was at the door waiting Leric focused back on Yue.

“I don’t trust any of this…Hades, Persephone, these new people…for 6 months nothing was happening and all within weeks we hear the remaining soldiers want Dorion dead and all of us soon after. Then all of a sudden they all show. None of this makes sense to me,” Leric explained.

“You  heard what the Vieras said…Destiny and fate have a way of revealing themselves,” Yue replied, “How many things have we overcome. I do proceed with caution but, something is telling me to follow for now and trust in these new alleys. I ask that you do the same.”

“Fine,” Leric sighed, “Just stay safe please…you are all we have left.”

Yue shut his eyes as he placed his hand on Leric’s head, “I always come back…don’t fret.

Yue threw on some warmer clothes and grabbed his weapon and as he made his way back to the main hall of Fairytail, Yue walked over to Yukio.

"Well then shall we head out," he said pointing to the door.

Episode 3.5: Another Warrior Side410

Yukio turned her head in the direction of where he spoke, nodding as she gently pushed herself from the wall of which she was leaning. She may have looked strange to him, with her attire being the way it was for the location they were headed, and no visible weapon on her. But if he wasn't going to ask, she was not going to explain.

Both Yue and Yukio hopped upon one of the chocobo carriages and made their way through the lands as best as they could. For the most part Yue focused on the road and the map he has while Yukio seemed to sit quietly behind him. All of these lands must have been new to her so she was probably taking in the scents around them. He knew the land was beautiful but for someone like her without sight. He could only imagine how hard it was for her. He decided that maybe they should talk for a bit.

"So Yukio you say you are native to North of Fairytail...what part are you from?"
Yukio appeared to be looking out on the horizons of Thanalan, even though she could not actually see them. She sat elegantly in the wide space of the carriage, not diverting her gaze as she answered.

"All of it, and none of it." She took a deep breath in, "It was where I was born, but the place is not my home. The people, or rather person, who became my guardian is what made it home."

Yue listened as her voice faded slightly at the last bit. Yue listened to the change in her tone and he had to press further.

"Judging by how you spoke...this guardian meant something to you and is no longer in your life...or have you gone on separate journeys," Yue asked.

Yukio shook her head lightly to snap herself out of it, returning her focus on the present, "Separate journeys indeed. mine of life, and his of death," she leaned her chin on the palm of her hand as her elbow leaned against the carriage.
“I am sorry for your loss," Yue sighs, “I too know death far too well...I’ve watched many members of my clan, and close friends pass on...no matter how many years come and go, it is never easy for anyone."

Episode 3.5: Another Warrior Side510

She stayed rather still as Yue spoke, noting the change in his tone as well. Her free hand lightly touching her throat, she stated.

"You sound young for your stories of age," she raised a brow under her blindfold, "Your clan, you say? Are you not human?"

"That is kind of you to say but, I am much older than my looks perceive," Yue explains, "I am sure you heard what Hades and Persephone said. We are not from this Crystal...we are almost a virus to this world. I am not a mortal...I am in fact a creature similar to a voidscent. Except in my world, we are known by another name."
She leaned forward from her seat just slightly, genuinely curiouser of this man who was not mortal, "What is this other name, if I may ask?" She let out a small sigh, "Looks mean nothing to me if you haven't noticed. If you respect me I will show you the same... although I would like to know more of you."

Yukio covered her mouth slightly after saying that last bit, not realizing her thoughts were accidentally vocalized, but instead looked back out on the lands, leaning back in her seat once more. Yue looked back at her surprised to know that she was curious by him.

"Vampire. In our world we feed on the living and creatures for their blood. Just like in this world...in order for us to survive we've adapted to similar methods...the more magick we use the more we feed. However, there aren't many of us here. There are only 6 of our kind that remain and that is everyone you have met...Dorion, Leric, Jai, Zena, Delgado, and I... the rest of our clan was killed...our clan was The Red Veil."

Yukio's ears twitched at the name she had not heard of before, "Vampire... feeding from the blood of the living.."

She did not show a hint of fear, because she was not. Learning of the world and its creatures, as well as other worlds it would seem, only made her hunger for more knowledge.

"I am sorry to hear of the losses of ones you knew. You 6 that remain must be very close then, are you not? Like family. You sound quite dignified for supposed monsters. At least, you, do." She crossed her legs as she took a moment to breathe in the fresh air of lands she was not familiar.

Yue was impressed on how Yukio did not fear him as their conversation continued.

"One would say that Dorion was actually in line to be King if we stayed in our world. I was an advisor to his father for many years," Yue explained, "Zena and Delgado were Princess and Prince...whereas Leric and Jai...were raised by me after I found them abandoned by the creature that turned them. As for I... I am the eldest male of my kind known to existence...or at least I was in our world...that world however is now gone."
Yukio nervously decided to ask him a question as they were soon to approach Corethas, "So how old are you, if I may ask?"

"I am 1,836 years old," Yue smirks.

"Wow.." she was shocked. "I did not know of any species to live that long... I must seem like quite the child to you."

"I wouldn't say that...no person should live as long as I have...I still question how I have lived this long sometimes,” He said looking back at her.

The two finally made their way to Ishgard and everything seemed normal as always.  Yukio stepped down from the carriage, breathing in the cold air from Corethas and exhaling the icy memories of her past here. She reached out her hand slightly as she spoke gently.

Episode 3.5: Another Warrior Side610

"Could I bother you to guide me through this place? Once we get deeper into Corethas I shall not need the help.”

“Then I shall be your guide," Yue agreed.

Yue did his best to guide Yukio through Ishgard carefully holding her hand in his. He could see that people were staring at Yukio and also, he for his height. Keeping her safe from the crowd Yue explained every place they turned or stairs they had to go down. It was a challenge for his stature, but he did his best to guide her through it all and match her speed. One they narrowed their way through the streets, they finally found the bridge that led them into Western Corethas.

Episode 3.5: Another Warrior Side710

Yue noticed almost instantly her stance changed as her feet hit the snow. He could tell she was in her natural element ready to go explore.

"It's been a while since I hunted here but, the creature's flesh that I need is just up this hill,” Yukio explained.

Yue watched as she climbed her way up the rocks and used the sounds and feeling of the ground. Yue could see almost instant the joy returns in her being somewhere she knew. He wondered though was it hard to come back even though these lands held sadness for her. For now he carefully followed behind. Finally once they made their way up a few hills Yukio was able to find the creature Yue was looking for.

"Perfect," Yue said, "I'll strike it now...it looks large enough that we will only need to kill one." –

Episode 3.5: Another Warrior Side810

Yue stands back for a moment bringing his sword to his waist allowing for his hand to glide across the crystal kilt his sword sat in. With one swift ringing sound the blade was released. The ice on the ground meant nothing to Yue as each step he made he glided with ease towards the creature. As he raised his sword the creature turned to him. Yue skated lower onto his knee as he swung his sword swiftly slicing the monster in half. The blood of the creature landed across the snow as Yue looked at its lifeless body.

"Far too easy," he nodded, "A long journey for flesh that will keep the house stocked for some time."

Yukio’s  ears twitched as she heard the ringing of his blade. A swordsman huh? She never would have guessed. As he dealt with the creature, she would kneel down in the snow once again, her palms pressing against the frozen water in front of her, closing her eyes to focus. Yue began to gather the materials and flesh from the monster placing its body parts into containers. As he worked on gathering the slain monster a man from the hills watched over Yukio and Yue. It was another male viera and he continued to watch from afar. Yue and Yukio caught his attention, and he was simply observing but watching Yue gather the dead creature.

Episode 3.5: Another Warrior Side910

As Yue continued to work Yukio could feel that something was off. Using the echo, she could see Yue standing over the creature's body, but that is not all she saw. Her hands lifted slowly as she stayed low to the ground, and as she inhaled, a bow of pure and true ice had formed in a mere moment. Knotting an ice arrow in continued slow movements, she pulled back the drawstring, and in a matter of a couple heartbeats, on her exhale, she was suddenly standing and had fired it into the air to her left. It had been a while, but she -n e v e r- missed. The arrow was not aimed to harm, but merely to warn as it buzzed by the Rava Viera's face. She could not yell, but with Yue's keen awareness, she was hoping he noticed her shot and the direction it went.

The arrow soaring passed Yue instantly got his attention. Yue could hear the ice crack and form in Yukio's hand and he saw the arrow go by swiftly. For a moment Yukio would be able to see his eyes turn Red as he focused on the arrow soaring through the air. Knowing that there was a threat in the area...Yue tossed his jacket to the side allowing his black undershirt to be seen.

"Get behind me," he shouted to Yukio.

Episode 3.5: Another Warrior Side1011

The Rava watched as the arrow sore towards him, but he remained still as the arrow zipping passed his face. As he got into a battle stance a little smirk formed underneath his mask. Now it was his time to show off a little as he jumped from the cliff and slowly approached them. Yukio broke into a swift walk/small run to get behind Yue as he asked her to. She knew very well she could take care of herself, but she would allow him to play the role of protector to the blind girl for now. The echo allowed her to see the Rava closing the distance slowly between them, her covered eyes watching intensely as she kept another arrow notched behind the tall man. Yue felt a need to protect a new friend of The Legacy. Yue’s eyes continued to glow red, and a growl could be heard from his chest.

"STATE YOUR BUSINESS," Yue exclaimed.

The Viera didn’t speak but continued to draw his weapon at Yue. Yue noticed that the man simply wanted to duel.  
"You, Seem, Strong, I approach,” the Viera finally spoke.

"Then it shall be done," Yue nods and turns to Yukio, "Lady Winter...please step to the side please...for your safety if he remotely does anything...I can assure you...his blood will be splattered on this ice."

Yukio would looked up towards him and gave him a slight nod, holding out her bow as it evaporated into thin air.

"Very well, please be safe.." she whispered as her hand gently touched him before she backed off a ways behind them.

She could feel herself bonding with this one the more time she spent around him, and she genuinely worried. Wanting the strike first the Veira dashed in with a large uppercut swing attempting to catch Yue off guard with his attack. The Viera was swifter than Yue expected  and cut a hole into the sleeve of Yue's shirt drawing blood. The Vampire bared his fangs knowing that the Viera was able to strike him. Yue flew forward testing the Viera's skill. Yue lowered his defensives to see if he could swiftly swing underneath him and strike. However, it would seem that the vier would block his move.

"Impressive," Yue shouted.
As the Rava blocked Yue’s strike he tried try to follow up with a strike with his fist but the weight of his weapon affected his balance.

"Too slow," Yue mocked.

Yue slipped from behind using the ice to glide he and his blade along the ice. Not wanting to bloody the man he was dueling...Yue used the back of his sword to strike the viera on the back of his legs sending him flying across the ice. The Rava made a grunting sound as the sword hit the back of his leg. He quickly tried to shake of the pain he felt by rushing forward dragging the blade of his axe across the ice. The Viera swung towards Yue’s stomach with the back of his axe.

Episode 3.5: Another Warrior 1129

Yue could feel the Viera strike his stomach leaving him a bit winded for a moment. Yue liked how the Viera was skilled but, he didn't want him to know just how close he was. Yue tried to strike back but, the viera watched and the two weapons smashed together. As the weapons collided the Rava could feel the might of Yue's strength. He tried to take a slight jump backwards to reset his position leaving Yue to be open to being struck again. Yue fell back feeling the Viera strike his arm once more. Yue knew that if he was going to hit him...he was going to need to give him everything he had.

The viera headed towards Yue ready to strike him again. Yue watched as the veira’s fist was coming forward and Yue shook his head at the viera. Moving to the side he slid to the side using his kilt to strike the viera in the back

"You got moves," Yue replied, "I'll give you that."
"Your attacks are strong" The Viera said while breathing heavy.

Episode 3.5: Another Warrior Side1210

Still recovering from the strike in his back the Rava wanted to attempt a low swing towards the man's legs not being sure if this would be successful or not. Random! Yue swung around to the back leaping into the air almost gracefully landing behind him. A crackling sound could be heard from his back and he pushed down hard on his shoulder to stop whatever it was he felt. Quickly trying to make a move Yue struck him down onto his legs again.

"One would hope I remain strong after a millennia in battle."

The two continued to dance across the ice field and finally Yue could see that he was tiring out the viera.

“Yukio Now,” Yue called to her.

Yukio's ears twitched at the call of her name, jumping down from her perch on the hill yonder, her hands reached out in front of her once more. As she sprinted towards them her ice bow was reformed in the blink of an eye, and she aimed steadily as she ran, tilting her bow down as she shot two arrows into the Rava's clothes, thus making him fall onto his back and pinned him against the ice. She exhaled slowly as she lowered her bow beside her, now standing next to Yue once again as her covered gaze glared at the unknown Viera.

Episode 3.5: Another Warrior Side1410

The viera fell backwards hitting the ground rather hard while laying still his breath being visible as it mixed with the cold air. He didn't move just laid still waiting for what would come next. Staring at the viera Yue decided to reach out his hand.

"What is your name, kid," Yue asks.
"Ziero,” the Rava replied.

"Well Ziero, you same like a worthy warrior...Are you familiar with The Legacy,” Yue asks.

"I've heard stories from my travels,” he replied.

"Well then how about you follow us back to Fairytail...I think there are some people that would like to meet you and judging by your strength...they might already want you a part of our team,” Yue responded.

Yukio held her bow out to dissipate into the air once more, stepping closer to the two. She knew it was only a duel, but the one called Ziero had drawn blood of her friend, and she crossed her arms in silent protest. She would respect Yue's decision to bring him along, but she was very untrusting.

Picking up Yue's jacket that was still left in the snow, she brushed it off before handing it to him, softly saying, "Let us go, then."
Yue walked over to the creature from before and gathers the remains of the monster they came out here for. Sensing Yukio's anger...Yue takes the jacket from her and wraps her into it.

"It will be fine," Yue explains, "Trust me...just this once."

Yukio's anger vanished as quickly as it arrived as he wrapped his coat around her, a slight blush rushing to her cheeks. She wasn't cold, not at all actually... but the gesture made her somewhat breathless for once in several years. She looked up in his direction and nodded a little,

"I do trust you," she whispered, “Always.”

“Good,” Yue said taking her hand, “I feel something right about him…please allow me to show you that.”

For now, the group headed back to Fairytail.

Episode 3.5: Another Warrior Side1510

Episode 3.5: Another Warrior Facebo81
Shiva_Lunaria
Shiva_Lunaria
Admin

https://lunarislegacyxivrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down