Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 1.5: Lost In The Shrouds

Go down

Episode 1.5: Lost In The Shrouds Empty Episode 1.5: Lost In The Shrouds

Post by Shiva_Lunaria Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:27 pm

Episode 1.5: Lost In The Shrouds Cover14

"This place is far too cold. How about we move this conversation elsewhere."

The wind around the group swirled and the air went dry...with their visions darkened...it was hard to see where Hades was taking them. In fear of what Hades was capable of doing.... Shiva mustered up her magick breaking the spell around her causing her and a few others to crash down away from his aetherial grasp. Shiva found herself landing in cold water along with Yue. Shiva’s spell seemed to not only pull herself but a few around her as well. Yukio landed in the water near the two, immediately rising to her feet and listening intently, trying to hear in her surroundings. Her breathing slowed as she crouched in the water, putting her hand at the bottom of the small creek. Her touch let her get a baring of her environment, and she made out two figures not too far from her. She couldn't tell from the distance, but the water around her hand began to get colder as she readied herself to fight if she needed to, staying low and assessing the situation.

Yue landed on his hands looking around to see that he was not with Dorion and the others...angered by the situation he slammed his fist down noticing the Viera woman and Shiva on the ground. Shiva looked to Yue nervously as she grabbed her notebook right away.
She quickly began to scribble down in the notebook and point it to Yue and the Viera woman: "Are you both okay?"
Yue looks at Shiva’s notebook and nods kindly to the young mage. He noticed in the waters with them was the Viera woman they had run into in Ishgard. She seemed to be just as confused; she was a mystery to him but, he decided to extend his hand to her for a moment.

“Are you okay,” Yue asks Yukio.

After hearing the man's voice, the cold forming in Yukio's hand stopped, and she stood up straight. Her posture relaxed then; she didn't know why, but she knew she wasn't in any danger with these two. Her steps were light as she made her way over to them, curious still by the two of them specifically. Yukio looked up to where Yue was, nodding her head softly only once. She was confused as to what happened. Rising to her feet Shiva walked over to Yukio and handed her the notebook.
Shiva pointed to something she had just written: "You don't have a voice like me do you? Did something bad happen to you. My name is Shiva, and that scary man is Yue but he's nice. What is your name?"

Yue watched what Shiva wrote and rolled his eyes; was he really that threatening?  Yukio could hear the scribbles in the notebook, but obviously could not see to read them. Gently, she reached out her hand, letting her pale fingertips slide over the page, reading with her touch. When finished, Yukio looked in the direction of Shiva and shook her head lightly. Sure, she wasn't speaking...but it wasn't because she could not. She tilted her head down, and softly touched Shiva's hand with one of hers, and Yue's with her other. Through the power of the Echo, she allowed them both to see small reflections of her past. They saw her screaming up at the sky as a child with her arms wrapped around another that looked like her, then again with her walking away from a gravestone in the snow. The Viera in her visions called her Yukio. Only a few seconds had passed, but after showing them only that, she took her hands back and held her arms close to her chest. The headache was brief but once the vision ended Yue looked sadly at the woman. She had been through hardships of her own.

"Yukio...," he said in a soft tone, "I am Yue, and this is Shiva...but judging that you were at the event you know a little about us...or so I assume."

Shiva looks sadly at Yukio for a moment and takes her hand gently. As Shiva scribbles over the notebook, she gently guides Yukio's hand over the written words: "I should have noticed you can't see...so I will write a little harder to guide my words to you."

Shiva looked at Yue kindly as he smiled back at Shiva for trying to help. As Yukio listened to the one called Yue speak, her ears twitched, allowing Shiva to help guide her hand along the pages of her notebook. Yukio nodded to both of them, and dipped her torso in a small bow. Proper introductions required proper etiquette... after standing straight again, she shook her head in response to Yue's question, and pointed to Shiva as her reason for being there. She held out her hand in front of the two, palm facing upwards, as the air started to swirl, slowly gathering at the center of her palm. Then after a few seconds, an ice shard formed, resting in her hand. Ice... she could feel it in Shiva, and she wanted to know why. Yue raised an eyebrow at Yukio...was she someone that Jayne's power passed on to? For a moment Shiva let out a raspy gasp as her hand touched the ice. Shiva could feel the aether through her and for a moment Shiva pulled away; with tears forming in her eyes. Yue didn't want Yukio to think Shiva was afraid of her, so he decided to speak.

Episode 1.5: Lost In The Shrouds 027

"Shiva lost someone very important to her that also used Ice Magick. So, she's not afraid of you...right now we are all recovering from loss,” Yue tried to explain.

Yukio looked toward Shiva and let her hand drop slowly, letting the ice shard fall into the water. Placing her hand over her heart, she thought hard for a moment. She let out a small sigh as she let her hand drop beside her once more
A soft yet clear voice came out of the Viera, "I was there to find out more about her. She reminds me of someone I lost, too. The ice I have never seen in another but one."

Yue listened to her words; her gentle voice caught him off guard for a moment. He watched as she tried to speak, but he could see how talking strained her voice as well. Yue wondered what caused the young woman to choose to be silent so, he decided to question her some more.

"Shiva is a vessel to Saint Shiva...that's a long story to get into but, tell me," Yue asked, "Have you just discovered your ice magick or has this been something you have had for a while?".

"I've had this power since I was 3 years old, so... 20 years ago, from now," she answered.

Yue stroked his chin, he had heard of others having gifts from Hydaelyn but, he was unaware of how many were left in the world as Lady Death tried to kill as many as she could. Judging by her mannerisms and voice; Yue could tell that in the 20 years that she had her power, she had been through a lot.

As the two communicated with each other Shiva grew anxious and began to write into her notebook again: "I am worried we are separated from our group and those two other people with Delgado...what if they were dangerous and where do you think they went?"

"Most likely Fairytail...That is where we will need to go,” Yue sighs as he looks to Yukio, "Come to think of it when we all stood there, they said your last name was Winter Yes…If anything you may want to accompany us because that man will be looking for you. It's better to return in numbers then alone."
Yukio looked in the direction of Shiva and Yue, she could tell they were close. It reminded her of her guardian, in a way. She didn’t seem to know a lot about the 12 which made Yue wonder if this girl was living in isolation like Shiva did for so many years. A part of him was happy to know that there was someone as gentle as her and he wondered if a friendship with Yukio would help Shiva heal mentally from the trauma she had experienced in the past few months. Yue noticed the more the young woman tried to speak the more her voice strained as well. Yue usually had to carry stuff in his jacket for Shiva but, he thought Yukio could use something too. Hidden under his jacket and pulls out a small wooden container of what looked to be drops of a candied item.

"It's dried honey...this will soothe your voice," Yue says holding out the container to Yukio.
Shiva watches as Yue hands Yukio the candy and smiles take's Yukio's hand again and places it over the notebook- "Where we are headed, we have a library with the history of this world and information on all things magick. Also, the honey is really yummy...I use to use them before my voice faded away."

Yukio's ears twitched from Yue's words and directed her covered gaze back to Shiva as she let her guide her hand. It seemed these two meant her no harm and may be just as curious of her and she was of them.

She nodded once, her voice quiet, "Thank you.."

She reached her hand out and took one of the candied honeys, placing it on her lips for a moment, not familiar to the smell it gave off. Swallowing once, she popped it in her mouth, the sweetness of it sending a chill down her spine, and she made an audible gasp, covering her mouth with her hand.

"I appreciate it," she turned to Shiva and tilted her head a bit, "If you'll both allow me.. I'd like to see you better."

Shiva and Yue nod as they begin to walk along the water with Yukio. Yue chanted some spell of his own to make his jacket disappear as the forest they were in was much warmer than Ishgard. For the moment he continued to walk with his weapon drawn in case any enemies lingered around. He listened as Yukio was curious in both of them but, for the moment his focus was on the journey ahead. He knew that the echo could be strong in most but, would Yukio really want to see Shiva’s past? For a moment Shiva hesitated and looked to Yue.

"She is asking to see your past Shiva it’s okay," Yue reassures the young mage.

Episode 1.5: Lost In The Shrouds 160

For a moment Shiva takes a rattled breath and places her own hand into Yukio's. Shiva knew that Yukio was about to see a huge unraveling of the person she really was. Yukio carefully let go of Shiva's hands, placing her fingertips on each of Shiva's temples. Her magic forming two cold spots beneath her fingertips. Shiva was gorgeous. she thought to herself as she lowered her hands only moments after.
"All done... thank you for letting me see you." Yukio smiled as turned to Yue, her hand reaching out a little, "May I..?" She asked.

Yue looks to Yukio for a moment and pauses; he understood that her gesture was kind but, he was not one to share his past especially during such a time.  

"Let's save that for another time please," Yue says as he begins to carefully climb down, "I don't think we are the only one who escaped the Viera male...may you both follow me please." –

Yue didn't mean to be stern, but he sensed that one of his sons was definitely nearby. As he climbed down a series of rocks, Yukio's face remained emotionless as Yue spoke. Shiva took her notebook again and pointed to some written words. Shiva wrote out “touchy subject” and pointed to Yue. “He means well but, even we don’t know things about him. Only his “sons” know more. He raised them after finding their parents dead.” Yue knew that Shiva was trying to reassure Yukio and he knew he came off as too stern to new people but, his focus really wasn’t on him right now…he wanted to get back to Fairytail as soon as possible. As they climbed down the rocks, Yue was right; Shiva’s spell didn’t just grab him and Yukio, but it seems it took K’enion and Jai as well.

"Jai?!" she called out slowly pushing up, yelping rather loudly as she fell back into the water.

"Right here babe," Jai groaned slowly pulling himself from a pile of rocks he landed in, "Fuck, what was Shiva thinking...I know she's afraid but, she put everyone back at Fairytail in danger. She just took both of us out of the equation.”

"Are you hurt?!" she called to him.

"I'm fine," he sighed heavily, “You?”

"I think I landed wrong on my left side,” K’enion mumbled.

Jai could see the bruise forming on K’enion’s leg and he knew she needed help. Jai wrapped his arms around her carefully lifting her his hands shaking a bit as he held her; was Jai nervous about something and K’enion could see it as well. She was used to his PTSD hitting him at times but, this was different then his normal actions…she could sense anger coming from him. As the two leaned on each other for support, Yue came over with Shiva and Yukio.

Episode 1.5: Lost In The Shrouds 231

“Dad,” Jai said as he held onto K’enion, "I...I think we need to get back to Fairytail…That man seems dangerous."

"We'll get back there...Quarrymill is up ahead. I can rent us travel to Fairytail. We'll meet everyone there rest assured."

Jai sighs once more - "Then let's stop talking and go,"

Yue turns to face Jai again this time his tone more serious, "Jai Saeran what has you so worked up? If it was that bad we would have felt something from Dorion and Zena by now...enough...it will  be fine."

"He is right, calm down." K’enion said with a nod.

"There is a legit maniac at Fairytail, and you want me to remain calm," Jai yelled.

Episode 1.5: Lost In The Shrouds 331

Yue pulled Jai to the side a moment and the two seemed to talk privately about something leaving K’enion Shiva and Yukio to watch. Once they were done talking Yue helped Jai take K’enion through the forest as they made their way to Quarrymill. The area was beginning to fill with creatures and humans alike. The town that was once barren had life again; people living in the small huts and trading goods and materials; it was as if the war never happened here.

As The Legacy made their way into the Quarrymill many people looked on some smiling and some scared at their presence. A storm began to brew overhead leaving the group to feel a little uneasy by the change. A masked girl clad in all blues was making her usual rounds of the town, as she neared the exit of the settlement, she took note of four travelers she did not recognize. Normally she would pay no mind until she noticed the Miqo’te seeming to have an uncomfortable look on her face. The young woman had an almost sixth sense for these things and couldn't bear to be the person to turn a blind eye to someone who was potentially injured. She carefully approached the group, keeping some distance since the other villagers seemed on edge about them.

"Are you alright ma'am, you don't look like you are in the position to be standing," she addressed to K'enion.
Jai cautiously looked at the woman and noticed she was a healer, "We both fell...my girlfriend took more of a tumble than I did."

Episode 1.5: Lost In The Shrouds 431

The healer introduced herself as Menphina and walked over to check on K’enion and while she worked on K’enion Shiva could hear villagers in the distance uncomfortable with her presence. Shiva sunk down into her skirt trying to hide her feelings from the others. Yukio could sense the unease in Shiva, which made her turn her attention back towards the saddened mage. She slowly sat next to her and held her palm out in front of Shiva, forming a small ice sculpture in the shape of a dog, offering it to her. Yukio's face remained emotionless, but her gesture was one of attempted kindness. She didn't know why seeing Shiva upset bothered her so much. She only wanted to make her more comfortable.

"Scio, non habebis ut dicas," Menphina hissed under her breath; her head turned back towards the direction of the two females next to the pole, staring at the hyur. "Your name is...Selene, correct?"

Shiva looks up and nods at the mage and smiles gently. As they stand together with the healer the tall man walks back over and bows kindly to the mage.

"Thank you for your assistance...we are members of The Legacy,” Yue explained as he pointed to Shiva, "I am afraid she is mute."

Episode 1.5: Lost In The Shrouds 532

Yue watched as Yukio and Shiva sat together; he was surprised Shiva was taking to someone so quick. He wondered if the energy of Yukio’s ice magick reminded her of Tuya. He watched as Shiva held the ice figurine made by Yukio while Shiva shared information on her familiar waiting back at Fairytail. As they all spoke together and healed the smell of lavender and brimstone filled the air again.

Episode 1.5: Lost In The Shrouds 630

Yue quickly drew his sword as he saw the Viera from earlier in the day. She smiled at him kindly and waved to the others as she appeared before them. Jai instantly pulled the bow from his back ready to aide Yue when the woman began to sigh.

"Lower your weapon," She sighs, "I am not here to fight...I am here to bring ALL of you to Fairytail."
"Really now...prove it,” K’enion muttered out loud.

"Unlike my partner, I am not here to hurt you Lady Sekhan, nor do I want to hurt Lady Lunaria, Lady Winter...and I see you finally found Lady Marama...Joyous,” She smiled, “You would think I weaved your destiny and fates to meet here...or did I."

The Viera woman laughed and continued to dance around happily only leaving Yue and the others to question her motives.

"Ah, who are you ma'am,” Lady Menphina asked. asked.

The Viera woman twirled gently as she played with a flower in her hand.

"Why I am Persephone...but, Hades would be so so maaad if I tell you more darlings," She explained, "Truly he will."

Yukio turned her attention back towards Menphina, slowly standing as her strong sense of smell kicked in. As the Viera woman from earlier appeared, Yukio was glaring under her blindfold; deciding to stand next to Yue, blocking Shiva from the woman entirely as the pair seemed to make a protective wall.
"If you mean us no harm then take us to Fairytail...now," K’enion growled.

"Sweetheart...baby doll...sugarplum," Persephone smiled as she waved her hand, "Surely you don't know who you are messing with. I will bring you all to Fairytail but with an attitude like that...you need hug."

Episode 1.5: Lost In The Shrouds 932

The woman dance around K’enion whereas Yue’s eyes stayed locked on to her. Persephone could sense that Yue could see past her act while the others were too confused to speak. She expected nothing less from the ancient and finally walked along side him tapping him gently on the shoulder.

In a cold and icy tone Yukio spoke low, "Then shut up and take us." The air around Yukio seemed to get colder as her irritation rose. Persephone skipped around as she observed Yukio’s magick. Her eyes darting up and down as if she was reading the female.
"I knew you were cold but not that cold you are making Saint Shiva look innocent,” Persephone laughed.

The air around The Legacy grew cold as Shiva’s eyes rolled back. Saint Shiva now stood before Persephone angry and ready to fight. Persephone continued to giggle knowing that the Primal was muted by her vessel.

“Cat got your tongue,” she mocked, “Or are you still traumatized of feeling your friend bleed out in your arms?”

The primal faded away allowing Shiva to host her own body again. It was as if the scythe that stabbed her has through her heart once more. The smiling Viera looked at Shiva evilly knowing what she said hurt her. Yue saw the hurt in Shiva once again now letting his anger be known. His fangs extended and his eyes went red causing Persephone to smile at him directly.

“We leave now,” Yue growled heavily.

"Okay okay AkAnE...ugh I knew you were a drag but such a cranky pants,” Persephone mocked.

The Viera opened a portal as the rain began to pour around The Legacy.

“Time to go home,” she laughed.

Episode 1.5: Lost In The Shrouds 1031

Episode 1.5: Lost In The Shrouds Facebo77
Shiva_Lunaria
Shiva_Lunaria
Admin

https://lunarislegacyxivrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down