Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 29: One Last Time

Go down

Episode 29: One Last Time Empty Episode 29: One Last Time

Post by Shiva_Lunaria Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:14 pm

Episode 29: One Last Time 0022

The Legacy found themselves at Shiva's once more. It was a day of rest and recovery for everyone and today was the final time to be with Scarlet, Tristan, and Isabella in their teenage forms as it was almost time to head back to the future. As the storm raged on everyone sat together...feeling at peace for just this once…just being in the presence of one another. Emotions were high for the teens as they were growing to cherish the younger versions of their families. Thunder outside Shiva’s house continued to rumble as they sat close to the fireside.

K’enion decided to open the conversation while she stood moving around, “So what happens to you all now that you go back home,”

“We'll be right here somewhere in this house most likely I promise we should be 'sleeping' in the guest rooms,” Scarlet smiled weakly.

"Scarlet... You of all people should know this by now. SHOULD is just another way of saying "I think...Especially in this group,” Tuya chuckled.

"Regardless this has been a moment with you all,” Dorion smiled as he sat near his children.

Episode 29: One Last Time 197

"OH! Speaking of spending time...Terrible Three, I have a very serious question for you. You three have spent time going through the timelines, right? Is there anywhere my kids survived? And do either of them know how to cook,” Tuya asked.

Tristan listened to Tuya’s words for a moment trying to remember if he had ever seen a timeline where Tuya’s kids were around and the more he thought he looked to Isabella for clarification. Isabella was good at keeping tabs on everything and confirmed with her brother that she had never seen a timeline like that.

"If I may be honest Tuya...I never knew you had children... I’ve never met them before...you actually had kids,” Tristan asked.

"No, I didn't. They never lived long enough to be born. Saya and Cota were their names. Both of them are girls. If nothing else, I'd imagine that they had my hair and eyes. Bit of a family trait. And very strong genes,” Tuya smiled as she thought of her past.

As the group began to reflect on their previous lives, Yukio was leaning her head against Yue's shoulder as she rested, her arm linked around his as she held his hand. She was glad to be back in the arms of her fiancé just thinking ever so carefully about the thoughts they had shared together just a day before. She found herself staring at the trio…just thinking how much she would miss them.

Episode 29: One Last Time 270

"I apologize that Kuro isn't here. He just.. doesn't like goodbyes," Yukio said a bit sadly.

"Ugh...he's so badass in this time too I wanted to chill with him one more time...he gives the best hugs,” Tristan sighed, “I would have to say he and I are pretty close in the future so it's really good to see him a bit younger.”

As Tristan talked to Kuro…K’enion was curious about her own future so she began to ask questions, "Let me ask for me then, do I have any? Did I find a mate?"

"You have had many timelines...some alone...some with a lover...I wonder which one this will be,” Isabella said thinking to herself out loud.

“I see,” K’enion smiles weakly.

Episode 29: One Last Time 368

As the group sat together, there were clear signs that something was dwelling on Shiva. Now that she and Saint were fully fused emotionally…she often found herself zoning to gather both of their thoughts together and in this moment there was a topic weighing hard on her. Scarlet looked over a bit sadly to her father knowing that she was the cause of Shiva’s sudden sadness.

"I know Shiva is still processing what I told her,” Scarlet said sadly.

“Just give her time,” Leric smiled, “We will help her.”

Trying to lighten the room a bit Yue cleared his throat as he winked to Yukio.

"I wanted to share something with you all...after much debate with myself and talking to Yukio...I know right now our focus is the research on the next sin...as soon as it is defeated and out of the way...We would like to take some time...to celebrate our lives with you. Yukio and I wish to get married,” Yue began.

Yukio blushed and buried her face into Yue's arm, hiding herself as she became shy.

"I-I didn't think you would tell them so quickly,” she mumbled.

Jai smirked, "Listen listen...I happened to come down the stairs and catch the convo myself...I am happy to see you join the family officially."

"So then you've finally decided on a time, eh? About damn time! I swear, you two are joined together more than anyone I know! And that's saying something,” Tuya laughed.

"The man is officially shackled folks...after two millennias as Elysium's Hottest Bachelor...a woman from another crystal tied him down,” A’mara teased from the other part of the room.

Episode 29: One Last Time 471

"Thank you all I can't.. even begin to say how happy I am and to share this with all of you, I really…I couldn’t be happier,” Yukio smiled as she took Yue’s arm.

"Weddings sure are nice," Zena said eyeing Rufus playfully, "Whoever shall be next."

"To be here with all of you...it means so much to us...we haven't had this for so long...all of you...helped raise us in one way or the other...for a long time...in our world...we have been separated from you. Please understand why it’s...hard for us to leave,” Isabella said with happy tears as she witnessed this moment with Yukio and Yue.
"It's been such a pleasure getting to see you three all grown up and honestly, I didn't feel like I would have that great of an effect on you but to hear that I was a part of it makes me very happy. You all grew up to be such wonderful spirits,” Yukio smiles,   "I may never get to have my own, but just knowing I got to help raise you three…I couldn't be happier with that."

"I always say...the future is always unspoken...until it occurs...I went from having no family to raising the two young men you see before you...I am forever proud of this family,” Yue smiled.

"We are forever grateful to you as well Father," Leric smiled.

Episode 29: One Last Time 569

The word family was striking a nerve with Shiva and she needed to speak up, "I have one question...you say I have two children...where are they?"

"We do know they are alive...we sense them here...I just couldn't find them,” Scarlet admitted.

With words like this Shiva becomes sad again as she seems to sink in the couch a bit between Rufus and Tuya.

"This will be a concern of mine moving forward...I can't have children...so knowing that a version of myself can...is...shocking and I must protect them,” Shiva said nervously.

"Are the two children here permanently? Because the Shiva I know hasn't had any children. ...I think,” Tuya said.

Shiva found herself sinking into the couch again…knowing that she never spoke of the miscarriage she had with her own partner. She wasn’t even supposed to have one and during that battle with diablos, she lost the ability to ever have them again. She just found herself bringing her head into her lap.

"There are some things that fused...we discussed it and Hades has confirmed...multiple things from the future have become permanent in this world," Isabella explained.

Everyone turned to Hades who was already standing silently…he really didn’t want to be here but the trio were a big help on his research and giving them a proper send-off was the least he could do for them. Curious by what he and the trio had researched questions began to pop up.

"Do we know what has become permanent? Or is it a toss-up,” K’enion asked.

“That is for me to know,” Hades began, “And for you to find out…I had strict words from the 12 that I can only tell you so much before I get more people killed for what I know…you do all remember my wife right.”

The room was silent again before Tuya decided to try and comfort Shiva, "Can't be an actual mother, so I get turned into a stepmother. Should've seen that one coming."

Episode 29: One Last Time 669

Shiva looks to Tuya and tries to smile, "I don't know anything about being a mother...I don't even know...are they teens like them...are they babies...kids...this is so much to take in."

“You're better at it than I am. I mean all I know really is how to kill people. I lost my twins and didn't see the point of learning anything for domestic use again,” Tuya admitted.

Dorion could sense that Shiva was scared and wondering where her children were…hell all of them were. Zena looked to Shiva and knew that even though she hadn’t met them yet, Shiva was going to be a good mother to those children when they found them. Shiva was naturally a caretaker as is…what difference would it be that they were a bit older?

"I don't mind more kids around right...we need to help the little ones of the future,” Zena smiled at the group.

"I know what you're thinking. And no, that does not mean having another kid,” Rufus said adjusting his glasses.

Zena rolled her eyes before Rufus spoke again, “Do you really want to be sidelined that badly?"

"I just think Scarlet needs a sibling,” Zena blushed a bit.

"Fine, but only after we're officially married. Which means a decision is going to need to be made,” Rufus laughed.

"I am listening,” she said looking at Rufus.

"Void, Eorzean, or your home? Whose culture are we using for the theme of the wedding,” Rufus asked.

"A Thavnairian wedding would be nice,” Zena laughed.

As Zena and Rufus shared their own thoughts on marriage Yukio seemed to be drifting off to a world of her own and A’mara took notice of it. She gestured for Yue to pay closer attention to her. Yue looked down and noticed how quiet Yukio was so he pulled her into an embrace as he kissed her head.

“Are you alright my love,” Yue asked.

“Yes, I am very happy,” she smiled, “I just keep thinking about the day that I get to be called your wife.”

Episode 29: One Last Time 767

"Speaking of marriage...what do you want to do Yukio,” Zena said butting into the conversation, “ If you need help with flowers and things or planning or music or meals...swatches please let me know.”

Rufus rubbed the bridge of her nose and looked to Jai and Del. "...Any idea what a swatch is?"

"You two are so sweet, I honestly haven't even thought about it.. it still doesn't feel real…I think white is a given maybe something of his and something of mine,” Yukio thought for a moment.

Jayne smiles at the thought, "A merging of your cultures would be truly lovely. I can see it happening."

"I think it would really be wonderful," Yukio said before looking up at Yue again, "I want your opinion too it's not just my day, it's yours as well." She beamed.

"In my village, we wore some finer silks and clothes and then shared a large meal with our people...But I have seen so many weddings over the years...the fact that I marry you is what's most important to me. A day with you all...at a big table with music and just being together is truly nice to me,” Yue admitted.

As everyone talked about life and just being with one another, the storm outside continued to rage leaving Isabella to be a bit anxious but Leric scooped her into his arms to calm her down.  3

“Storms...scare us a bit...it reminds us of the night...Haruka came,” Scarlet admitted for Isabella, “I...I want to be honest...I…well…we don't want to leave...but we know we have to...but we worry about how you all will face her."

Episode 29: One Last Time 865

Rufus could see the anxiousness in his daughter’s eyes, "Don't be too worried. I mean you three are still around, so you know she doesn't wipe us all out."

“We're obviously still around to some extent in your timeline, right? We won't give up easily,” Yukio smiled.

“I just hope when I return...I can make things right with Lord Aymeric, you know we don't need all the details so uh yeah future's hella weird and this place is giving safety vibes...so it’s hard to leave," Tristan chuckled.

"If you don't, I plan to tell Shiva what happened while you guys were in the past. I could smell it all over you, Tristan,” Tuya smirked.

"Listen I got mad respect for you sis...I treat your stepdaughter really well because her dad would kill me,” Tristan blushed to Tuya.

"My daughter...is...your girlfriend and Lord Aymeric and I,” Shiva said shocked trying to learn of all the developments happening tonight, "It seems future me...has had many lovers."

"If I got everything right about these different timelines, it's not future you. Rather it's different from yours. Like... What would have happened if you and I never got together? Or what if you weren't killed all those years ago? That sort of thing,” Tuya explained.

Bored by what was being disgusted…Hades felt like he was no longer needed in the room since the trio would be coming home soon and Yukio noticed that he was going to go bury himself in research again. She decided that she needed to act quickly.

“Hades can I talk to you for a moment,” Yukio asked.

"Very well,” he said walking over to her.

"Thank you for being a light in my life I didn't know I needed. There are moments I couldn't have gone on without you so…thank you... for being here,” Yukio smiled to him.

"I do have one suggestion...with Hades being such a huge part of your life...he should...Officiate our wedding,” Yue added.

Yukio looked at Yue in surprise before smiling bigger.

Episode 29: One Last Time 970

"Really? Oh, I would love that,” Yukio said smiling at Hades, "I would love it if you would, Hades.”

For just a moment Hades cracked a smile and looked to Yukio, "It would be my honor."

As the group sits together a sudden feeling in the air feels grim to K'enion...as if time itself was beginning to feel off...was it time for the trio to go? Before K’enion could even speak both she and Isabella made eye contact and she knew that their time was nearly up.

"I feel it too...I think it is time for us to go,” Isabella said sadly.

"Is it...time already," Scarlet sighed heavily, “I can’t leave Daddy yet.”

Rufus looked over to Scarlet and pulled her into his lap to hug her tightly as he stroked her hair and spoke softly, "I can't wait for the day when I get to see you again. To know that my princess grows into such a fine young woman is everything that I could ask for."

Scarlet began to cry a bit holding tightly onto Rufus, “I love you so much Dad...please stay safe both you and mom."

Rufus chuckled as he kissed Scarlet on the forehead, "I can promise you all of that and more. I will make sure everyone makes it out of this mess safe. And I dare someone to try and break up your mother and me. Sometimes I need to blow off some steam."

As Scarlet held onto Rufus, she saw Zena walk over and join their hug, "You and Mom have always been my rocks...I can't wait for you to see what is ahead...just, please...Be smart keep everyone safe...and the future will be better for all of you. There is so much I want to say...but we can't...just continue to fight hard."

Episode 29: One Last Time 1062

Dorion, Leric, and Jayne hug their twins tightly as they have a small conversation of their own.

"Promise you two will stick together...protect those you can...and be as strong as you were when you came here okay," Dorion whispered as he kissed each of their foreheads.

Before Yukio could say anything, the front door could be heard opening, and then a running pair of footsteps. Yukio's ears twitched for a moment before a soft smile crossed her lips.

"It seems he could not go through with it after all…Fuck...I made it,” Kuro said out of breath, “I know I'm terrible at this and I don't talk much, but I really will miss you kiddos. Please take care of each other.”

Episode 29: One Last Time 1160

Scarlet, Isabella, and Tristan grabbed a hold of Kuro so tight he swore he was wearing a corset. It was in this moment he knew he meant something to them in the future.

"I get to see you before I go no way that's so sick bruh," Tristan laughed.

"Stay strong, Kuro...it was so good to see this version of you,” Isabella smiled.

Tristan also rushed over and hugged K’enion, “You know...you have always been my favorite person...and I could never lie to you. You got this K'enni. I forever stan you!"

"I got this! Thank you, Tristan,” K’enion smiled as she kissed his forehead, "I’ll protect your little self with all I can."

A’mara smiled as she too said goodbye to the trio, "Be good you three...and I will keep you all in line and out of my chambers...I caught you guys crawling there recently."

Scarlet smirked at A’mara’s remark, "I don't know what you are talking about."

Episode 29: One Last Time 12176

"Thank you for coming, I will find my babies and protect them. Thank you for bringing them here safely,” Shiva said to the kids.

"Anything for Shizuka and the others,” Tristan smirked.

"You. Boy. Listen to me, and listen to me good. Treat your girlfriend well. Not because you're scared of what her dad will do, but because that's what she deserves. And if you don't,” Tuya smirked by leaning in,  "Aymeric will be your savior from me. Because if she's Shiva's daughter, I see her as my own."

"Yes. Mam. I will be good,” Tristan said nervously.

Episode 29: One Last Time 1360

The group followed the trio outside as the portal opened up before them. Isabella, Scarlet, and Tristan looked back one more time with tears in their eyes as they waved goodbye. Tuya made sure to wave to the trio, making sure that she gave one last glare to Tristan; Rufus on the other hand held Zena, partially to reassure himself that the kids would be alright, but also to try and stop her should she try to run into the portal since she could be impulsive like that sometimes. Yukio held both Kuro's and Yue's hands, looking at the trio with a little sadness, squeezing Yue's hand a little tighter as Kuro sighed while still smiling weakly at them As the portal closed, Rufus could feel Zena sink a bit in his arms...she knew that Scarlet would be returned to her but...just the thought of everything they knew began to eat at her.

Episode 29: One Last Time 1453

As the portal closed, Rufus smiled down at Zena and ran his fingers through her hair,  "We'll see them before long, don't worry. We'll be older, and I suspect I'll have some gray hair by then, but seventeen years isn't long to us."

As the group made their way inside A'mara was the first to go down the stairs and headed to the guest chambers...once inside she could see the babies were back safe and sound asleep in their bed. Leric and Jayne decided to step out of the room leaving the others to remain in the room for now. As everyone sat back down Dorion took a deep breath finally feeling like things were going to be okay since A’mara let him know that the babies were okay. As they slept in their bed A’mara looked down at them smiling. She loved these little monsters so much and she knew that they were destined for great things. As she checked up on them, Kuro snuck up behind her to check on them as well.

"Precious huh...these little ones sure...motivated this group tonight. I think this is what they needed to fight further,” A’mara smiled.

Episode 29: One Last Time 1553

"I wasn't here for most of it, but I'm glad everyone seemed to be in high spirits. I'm sure there's still much we'll learn," he chuckled lightly.

"Oh will we now,” A’mara said eyeing Kuro.

"You just never know, you know? Don't give me that look," Kuro laughed ever so slightly, "I guess I just want to be more present. There's still much about this world I don't know, and I want to learn all I can is all."

"I will be more present to at the moment...my father and I are doing research of our own...I have a strange feeling...there is more we don't know."

A’mara opted to stay with the children until someone returned to the rooms so Kuro decided to check in with everyone else and promised he would see A’mara again later. By the time Kuro got back out everyone seemed to be disbursing to the sleeping quarters Shiva had reserved for them. Shiva decided it was time to let everyone rest so she said goodnight to Tuya and Kuro. As Shiva walked away Kuro had asked if she was okay and Tuya let Kuro know that Shiva was fine just processing everything that was happening. Tuya mentioned that she and Shiva needed to have a talk anyway, so she said goodnight and rushed up the stairs.

As Tuya made her way up the stairs Shiva happened to be looking outside of the window where the portal once was wishing that she had more time to get information from the trio; the fact that she had children from two timelines was a lot for her to handle. As Shiva zoned out into the evening she could feel Tuya’s presence behind her.

Episode 29: One Last Time 1642

"Was there something you wanted to talk about,” Shiva asked.

Tuya nodded as she took a deep breath, "Yeah... I’ve actually been meaning to talk to you about this for a while now. And given recent conversations, I figured this would be the best time to ask you this."

Shiva looked over at Tuya focused on her words, "Is something wrong, my love?"

"Nonono! Nothing is wrong! This is why this question needs to be asked! ...Okay more than one question, but I digress," Tuya said as she took a deep breath and swallowed hard, "I want to marry you, Shiva. You are my sole reason to be here. And I want to make that to everyone. I just haven't brought it up because I've not been sure how to ask if you'd want a Steppe wedding or an Eorzean wedding."

Shiva's eyes widened...a..wedding?! Tuya wanted to marry her?! Shiva's eyes filled with tears of joy...not only were her friends she felt so close to getting married but Tuya wanted to take her hand in marriage.

"I ...." for a moment Shiva was speechless, "I would love to marry you,” Shiva cried happily.

As Shiva hugged Tuya tears of joy fell down her face, "I would like it to represent both of us...can we do that?"

Tuya held Shiva tightly, a great weight lifted off her chest as she let out a giggle, "Outfits sure. Customs... Well, that one would have had to be changed anyway. You don't have scales. Speaking of..." Tuya said as she pulled a small black ring from her pocket and held Shiva's left hand, "I've heard it's customary to offer a ring with Eorzean proposals. And part of a Steppe wedding is an exchange of scales. So, I had to figure out how to do this and decided to make a ring out of my own scales.

Episode 29: One Last Time 1736

Shiva looks down at the ring as tears fill her eyes.

"This is the most beautiful ring in the world," she said as she kissed Tuya, "You have helped me heal so much. I am not afraid of a lot anymore...sure there are some worries I have right now but, with you by my side...I am sure we can overcome it all. I can't wait to be your wife.”

Tuya smiled as she held Shiva's cheeks, "I think we all have worries right now. So, you're not alone. And you never will be ever again and you're right. I can't wait to be your wife either."

The two fell into each other’s arms and shared a passionate kiss. Even in such a difficult time love overpowered all the darkness surrounding The Legacy and the future of the Legacy family grew brighter with each passing day.

Episode 29: One Last Time 1824

Episode 29: One Last Time 00011
Shiva_Lunaria
Shiva_Lunaria
Admin

https://lunarislegacyxivrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down