Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 14.5: The Road Ahead ( A Side Story )

Go down

Episode 14.5: The Road Ahead ( A Side Story ) Empty Episode 14.5: The Road Ahead ( A Side Story )

Post by Shiva_Lunaria Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:22 pm

Episode 14.5: The Road Ahead ( A Side Story ) Rpp_155

Once again the Legacy was moved to a new area. With the sounds of Chaos Shiva felt that in case there were Re Veil Members anywhere she needed to get the group to safety again. Shiva headed north to a small cave outside of Tailfeather so that the group may rest somewhere cool and away from the cold weather. With Zakuro’s help, Shiva was able to gather what supplies they could and made makeshift beds for everyone. While The Legacy rested Shiva was found leaning on a branch in the cave, as she listened to the gentle winds outside she seemed to be in deep thought.

Episode 14.5: The Road Ahead ( A Side Story ) Rpp_156

Trunks awoke from his bed with pain coursing through him. He noticed in and out of the night that Shiva’s bed was near his but when he woke up she was not there. Noticing her absence he stepped away to look for her.  Finding her leaned against a tree a short distance, he felt that he should make some attempt to return comfort to her heart. As Trunks walked towards her Shiva noticed his presence and began to smile.

“How are you feeling," she asks.

"More or less I am healing up...slowly." He stared at his mechanical arms. Once he dreamed of holding someone and feeling their warmth, now that felt impossible. He continued with a warm chuckle. "I'm now a... well-oiled machine."

Shiva stared at the mechanical arms for a brief moment before returning the smile.

"It seems that everyone is resting for the most part. This was the safest place Zakuro and I could find. She's resting with Tarno and Tuya now,” she replied.

Trunks for just a moment seemed about to give a genuine laugh. "Zakuro resting? That doesn't sound like her. Gung-ho and ready to eliminate threats always...Tuya may rest, but I can't help but worry for her and Zaku."

Shiva nodded in agreement  "I worry for everyone. This hasn't been an easy journey for us. It wasn't ever going to be easy but, I don't want any more of us to die."

Trunks turned his face away in some attempt to hide his fears that twisted and contorted in his heart and mind.

"They deserve better. None of them, Tarno, Zakuro, or Tuya asked for any of this. Least of all you. Everything you knew and where is either sketched over or erased...I wish I could have stopped all this from happening but,of course, I failed everyone. My team, my father, the world."

Episode 14.5: The Road Ahead ( A Side Story ) Rpp_157

Shiva thinks hard about what Trunks feel and decides to explain what she could remember.

"All of the things that happened to me prior to the Apocalypse were bound to happen to me.  I was always a risk-taker willing to enhance my magick. I got too powerful too quick and that is what cost me my life. I often think if I was more careful maybe I could have been Luminara's teammate, alas I was not. I know we will make this place better for them. It is my wish to save this world of the darkness."

Twirling the handcuffs around his wrists and tossing his thoughts about he blurted out things he felt maybe ought not to have been saying. Trunks closed his eyes imagining a world where his friends didn't have to live like this. Shiva placed a hand on Trunks' arms and closed her eyes; she could sense his pain and his thoughts.

Episode 14.5: The Road Ahead ( A Side Story ) Rpp_158

"You may feel that you are old...however, the gift given to you by Mother has restored your body to a youthful age. The only thing ailing you is your injuries however your mind and heart are that of an old soul,” Shiva explains,"You are not leaving us anytime soon"
"This old codger still got some tricks up his sleeves. Just look at me though.

Trunks arms lift and he shows off his mechanical arms and replaces the knee cap on his right leg. At this point sometimes I wonder how long until people just think of me as the cyborg. More machine than man...it's bothersome honestly."

Shiva and Trunks discuss many desires and hopes she senses from the other but there seems to still be something on her mind.

"I think we all want something right now it's just a matter of finding where we belong,” Shiva says while looking at the cave entrance. "I also worry about someone else though."

"Dorion.." Trunks says simply.

Shiva talks to Trunks about how he was the first to wake up. It was as if the momentum he had in battle was gone and he looked at Shiva with such sorrowful eyes. Shiva explained how he watched over as Shiva healed everyone helped her get herbs to heal everyone of their injuries. He often went and got fresh water with her so she could disinfect everyone’s injuries and although he had helped she could see he was regretting what transpired in Coerthas. Trunks understood a lot of the things Dorion was feeling and felt that this would be the right time to not be a soldier and to speak to Dorion with honest words while also speaking in a way that Dorion needed to hear things.

"I understand," she says, "I'll return to check on everyone's wounds. Good Luck talking to him."

Trunks scoffed arrogantly as if to give confidence. "I don't need your petty luck, it's never helped, anyone. All you need is a heart that gives a fuck and a stubborn mind with a moral compass. It's called a guiding hand. If you stop trying to fix everything and just drop some rope or a ladder...then you can indirectly save lives, by giving them a chance to save themselves."

Episode 14.5: The Road Ahead ( A Side Story ) Rpp_159

Shiva knew that Trunks’ words were harsh but she needed to know that sometimes she wasn’t always going to be the one to solve something. This was a moment where she needed to let things happen as they do in order for things to work out. She held the moon necklace upon her neck praying to Hydaelyn that things get better soon for all of them.

Episode 14.5: The Road Ahead ( A Side Story ) Rpp_160

Outside of the Cave Dorion was found resting on a rock or so he assumed. His eyes remained in a meditative state. Trunks' keen hearing could sense even as he walked the pounding of his tears upon the ground. Prior to stepping stealthily as he could around the corner, he had to stop himself. He began to hurt right along with him. Wiping his eyes and calming himself, Trunks puffed out his chest psyching himself up. It was time to do something, otherwise, this group was in trouble...again. Dorion opens his eyes and hears footsteps. From the corner of his eyes, he could see Trunks. Memories of the battle earlier replayed in his mind and his eyes began to show further sadness. He had done a lot to him and he regretted how the lust for aether took over. There was so much emotion he wasn't sure what to say. Trunks seemed to watch Dorion fall further into sorrow and for the first time since he joined him in this endeavor, Trunks was genuinely mad at him. As he stepped upon the rock he lit a smoke, stood beside Dorion for 10 seconds...then lifted his foot side kicking Dorion off the rock.

"...I deserve that..." -Dorion stands up and dusts himself off, "I know a lot has happened. I don't even know where to begin or how to explain what transpired...the only words I can form right now...if this even makes any sense...I am not like the rest of you."

Trunks stared down at him in disgust. As if gazing upon a child that was shocked that he was being punished for misbehaving in public by throwing a tantrum. "You're so stupid and absorbed in your shortcomings that somehow you can't figure out how to pull your head out of your ass son."

Dorion squints back at Trunks- "I get that...My decisions haven't been the best..."

"It's not even about your stupid decisions kiddo. This is about your negligence toward the bigger picture,” Trunks sighed and shook his head as he tossed another cigarette at him and tossed a match
Dorion listens to what Trunks has to say- "I'm listening…”

Episode 14.5: The Road Ahead ( A Side Story ) Rpp_161

"If you really think about it our wide array of fuckups all started the moment we off-ed your brother. Yeah it's a sore spot and I bet you want to yell at me to shut up and mind my own business. Maybe you should remember first that you aren't the only one that had to watch your family die in front of you. I have gotta do it twice, that was fun. And that after making it through hell and losing countless good men and women who mind you had families back home...I got back to Eorzea, earning myself an all-expenses-paid trip to the stony lonesome of the dungeon prison beneath Limsa Lominsa."

Dorion sighed, "I will admit losing my brother has caught me off guard for the first time in a while. I have lost my mother, my fiance, Delgado and one of my closest friends is being held captive by my father as we speak. When Delgado died I felt a part of me escape because there was a promise I made to him and Zena that I felt I broke. Due to that, I began to slip...listen to what you all desired and all I wanted to do was aid you all further into defeating my father. Instead of focusing on myself as well, I neglected to take care of one thing…,” Dorion pulls out the flask he often carries and continues to explain further, "This flask contains blood mixed with Aether. In my world, I am considered a monster...something people would try to kill. However, in order to survive here, I can't just feed off of blood. Amara and her sisters devised a spell that if I were to feed off of the creatures of this world I can easily do what my body normally did while using Aether to vitalize me. However, every time I fight  I drain my own aether so I must feed. I began to neglect that so I can focus on you all. My sister actually caught on when we buried Delgado. I admit I haven't been doing the right thing. All I wanted was to kill my father."

Episode 14.5: The Road Ahead ( A Side Story ) Rpp_162

"Fact is all this trouble starts at home. You left fell in love with Jayne and your dad threw a tantrum over it. That's not the end of the story though. From what you have made known before your old man is the victim of manipulation. This doesn't end until we of the harlot what manipulated your father...and your brother. Cause there is no way he would go on a murder fest without probable cause."

Dorion thinks before replying and says, "You are correct. When he met the sisters in my world...he changed...my mother tried to stop them...I often believe they are the cause for her sudden death...However, even if we kill the sisters there is no doubt we must kill him," Dorion sighs, "I also have no problem doing it myself."
[4:44 PM]
"But that's a lot of crap that is set to be rambled on about some other time. I'm here now because no one else has caught on or just doesn't have the emotional fortitude to tell you what you need to hear to your face. Dorion, stop being a punk-ass little bitch over every little thing that's gone to shit. All of us knew coming into this Chocobo shit storm that we weren't getting out unscathed and we sure as hell don't fuckin care that you have your moments of weakness. We all have them and deal in our own way. That said the further into the dark chasm you fall the weaker you'll become. Next stop trying to lead us. The qualities You and I share aren't necessary for this group. You know why the warriors of light save the world time and again?" Trunks took a long pause to get a good hit from the cigarette and blew it out as if it were relieving. "They survived because none of them tried to act as if they were the leader. The group simply worked amazingly because they were skilled and able to plan things together, then execute. All of them had equal say and a common goal. Having a common goal is good but it isn't the same thing as having a mutually agreed-upon plan of action to execute to achieve it."

Even though Trunks always had a harsh way of saying things he meant it and he spoke with true words. Dorion was glad to have a friend like Trunks. He often reminded Dorion of Dean again. Dean was always so willing to say it like it was and that warmed Dorion’s heart.

Episode 14.5: The Road Ahead ( A Side Story ) Rpp_163

There isn't a word to describe what the fuck your old man did to the world but the void was involved and a fuck ton of corrupted aether spouting volcanos erupted. Quakes were felt everywhere and mountains hills forests everything got all twisted up so bad we all wondered what the fuck was happening. So yeah, aetherotransvoidal turbulence, I made it up and that's what fucked this world up."

“So you're saying there's a way we can make this stop. What do you have in mind,” Dorion asks curiously.

"You think I have a plan to stop it? I have no plan to stop it, but I guarandamntee you that I'll find one...first things first though. There's still the one mission I have yet to complete." Trunks pause before continuing what was on his mind, "Jayne...Leave it to me. All you gotta do is be ready to finish the job if it comes down to using the last resort."

Dorion nods, "I will back you up. It is time for no more sorrow. It's time for us to fight properly."

Dorion and Trunks proceed back to where the others are resting to get ready for their next journey...

Episode 14.5: The Road Ahead ( A Side Story ) Rpp_164

Episode 14.5: The Road Ahead ( A Side Story ) Facebo32
Shiva_Lunaria
Shiva_Lunaria
Admin

https://lunarislegacyxivrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum